[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have scored more than 20,000 points in Pitfall. I would like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot (15).png (3 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (15).png
3 KB, 640x480
I have scored more than 20,000 points in Pitfall. I would like my Pitfall Harry's Explorers Club patch.

Also Pitfall thread. Talk about the Pitfall games.

Example: Pitfall!, Pitfall 2: The Lost Caverns, Super Pitfall, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, etc.
>>
>>3007198
>Super Pitfall
Fuck that fucking bullshit ass game, fuck the devs, fuck whoever playtested it and said it was OK, fuck the publisher, fuck everyone involved in the fucking ear.

Seriously, I rarely see a game full of such bullshit and dick moves. Read the fucking manual and you can see the bullshit without even playing. Here's a few gems:
"(talking about the keys and other items you NEED to beat the game)Since they are invisible, Harry should jump often while exploring the cave."
"At various places in the caverns, Harry can instantly transport himself from one cave to another by jumping in a particular(but unmarked) spot."
The entire game involves running around a cave full of enemies(all of which one-hit you), trying to find where the fuck the hidden items/teleporters are by jumping fucking everywhere. It's the only game I've ever beaten that I have no desire to ever touch again.

FUCK Super Pitfall.
>>
>>3007321
thanks, James.
>>
>>3007321

ah, I see you're a fan of James Rolfe :^)
>>
>>3007337
>>3007347
AVGN? No thanks. I owned that game as a kid. You wouldn't believe the bullshit. Don't believe me? Play it for yourself.
>>
>>3007198
>emulator screenshot
You didn't really score more than 20k, did you.
Great game though. One of the few 2600 games still worth playing.
>>
>>3007419
You're right about me using a Stella emulator screenshot. But I actually did play the game and get the score you see in the screenshot. Just not on an actual Atari 2600.
>>
I like the first two games on the atari 2600 and I think the graphics add a certain charm that i cant really explain.
>>
>>3007358
I have and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that i agree 100%
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (262 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
262 KB, 1600x1066
Forty bucks
>>
>>3007491
Yeah, the Stella debugger is great. kek
>>
There was a PCjr port of Pitfall on cartridge; probably about four people on the entire planet have played it.
>>
>>3007198
What I always liked about Pitfall was it was just a regular guy. A real human being, as it were. And a real hero. He was both Indiana Jones and also Batman amid a plethora of video game characters with crazy powers.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.