[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on Pac-Man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
What's your opinion on Pac-Man?
>>
I like it. How do I get good at it?
>>
Love this post! And I love pac-man! Pac-man is especially good if you play it with the right hardware. I haven't tried Pac-Man on the PS1 with a joystick, but I figure that would be a good experience. Oddly enough, I enjoyed Pac-Man the most when I downloaded it on my iPod Video from the iTunes store in 2005. You could save your game and the controls were a lot of fun.
>>
>>3006852
Ms. Pacman is better.
>>
File: pearsmall.gif (1 KB, 104x50) Image search: [Google]
pearsmall.gif
1 KB, 104x50
>>3006882
>I enjoyed Pac-Man the most when I downloaded it on my iPod Video from the iTunes store in 2005.
i know the feeling, but since then its become too mainstream, not my thing anymore, i only use Pear based pocket computers now, Power To The PHeoPle PHeoPle

captcha: plantation
lol, im feeling so fruity
>>
>>3006859
The behavior of ghosts is not supposed to be random. That means there exists a 100% safe route.
>>
File: how-to-win-and-pac-man-1.jpg (320 KB, 1083x1283) Image search: [Google]
how-to-win-and-pac-man-1.jpg
320 KB, 1083x1283
>>3006859
Read the book

Also Pac Man is okay, I played it a lot as a kid but I'm more into Galaga
>>
>>3006859
Learn how the ghosts behave and learn how to exploit their weaknesses to stay alive.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3938/the_pacman_dossier.php
>>
>>3006852
I think that namco should have built upon what they introduced in the sequels alongside the normal gameplay.
>>
File: 250px-Namcomuseum64.jpg (18 KB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
250px-Namcomuseum64.jpg
18 KB, 250x180
>>
>>3007402
I had the Gamecube version of this.
>unlocking Pac-Attack and Pac-Mania
>>
>>3006852
It's fun but I suck.
>>
File: myman.png (2 KB, 640x516) Image search: [Google]
myman.png
2 KB, 640x516
It literally runs on everything.
>>
>>3007402
The best Namco Museums were the PS1 ones
>>
>>3007973
this
I remember buying the ps2 museum after having a couple ps1 volumes, and being in slight shock at how trash the new one was
>>
>>3007853
http://www.deathshadow.com/pakuPaku

>The minimum target system I set for the project was an original 4.77mhz 8088 class machine with only 128k of RAM.

Perhaps even more interesting, Knight is working on a complete rewrite for the 2.0 release which improves performance and compatibility even further.

http://www.deathshadow.com/blog/20151109_Back+in+Blues/
>>
>>3006884
Parents had Ms. Pacman arcade growing up. Everyday after school I'd prop up a chair in front of the machine and play the shit out of that game. First game I every played.
>>
>>3006852
1. Classic arcade version from the 1980's is the only valid way to play and/or formulate your opinions of the game off of.
2. Invented the survival horror genre.
>>
>>3006884
I am skeptical of your claim. Where is your evidence?
>>
I made a pacman with randomly generated mazes at one time, I'll try to see if I can find it. It was super easy since the mazes are horizontally symmetrical, I only really had to generate half of it.
>>
>>3010471
Adapt that concept to an Audiosurf mod.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.