[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello gentlemen. So I've recently picked up pic relate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: framemeisterblue.jpg (26 KB, 438x193) Image search: [Google]
framemeisterblue.jpg
26 KB, 438x193
Hello gentlemen.

So I've recently picked up pic related and am interested in playing my SNES and Genesis games through RGB connections.

I came across this adapter and am wondering, will all I need is this and some SCART cables for each platform?

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/micomsoft-xrgb/european-scart-to-framemeister-xrgb-mini-passive-converter-for-sale

Also considering just having S-Video for N64 as I'm afraid modding it myself will be out of the question for fear of messing up during the modifaction.

Same thing applies to my NES Top Loader.

Also, anyone have particular configurations for each of their console setups? Resloutions, Scanline setups, sharpness, etc?

Any tips for a new owner of a Framemeiester would be helpful!
>>
bump for suggestions.
>>
>>3006729
Some guys are working on SNES and Genesis component cables.

http://www.hdretrovision.com/

Who knows when they get it for sale, but you know.
>>
>>3006756
This looks pretty neat. I'll definitely bookmark it.

Would I need an adapter for the D-Terminal to throw these component cables through the Framemeister?

Seems like the project is pretty far along.
>>
Aaaand one more bump to ask about particular configurations.

N64 doesn't seem to like scanlines for me though that could be because I'm still using composite cables.
>>
>>3006801
/vr/ is slow as shit, just chillout dude.
>>
>>3006729
>I came across this adapter and am wondering, will all I need is this and some SCART cables for each platform?
That or just a scart to jp21 will work if you want to use scart cables.
>Also considering just having S-Video for N64 as I'm afraid modding it myself will be out of the question for fear of messing up during the modifaction.
It's ok. N64 RGB mod is cjeap as long as you stick to early rev NTSC consoles.

>Also, anyone have particular configurations for each of their console setups? Resloutions, Scanline setups, sharpness, etc?
Look at the wiki.

>Any tips for a new owner of a Framemeiester would be helpful!
Buy an English overlay sticker for the remote.
>>
>>3006729
If you have the model 1 SNES, it is RGB compatible, as is the Genesis.

Make sure you turn it to "picture" mode for all 240p content (SNES and Genesis). I think the framemeister's scanlines look best on 720p. If you just want super sharp pixels and don't care for scanlines, turn it to 1080p. The scanlines are too narrow on 1080p. Also, check on the horizontal scaling (H-scale) and experiment between 5 and 6. You can see the subtle difference and its really personal preference.

Check out this site.. http:// www.firebrandx.com/generalframemeisternotes.html
>>
>>3006729
You spent that much on something you don't know how to use.
>kill yourself
>>
File: upscaler.jpg (95 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
upscaler.jpg
95 KB, 500x500
any got any experience with this cheap pieces of probably junk
>>
Make sure to plug your scart cables into the JP21 adapter that comes with the framemeister. It's a japanese unit so it needs to have a japanese input going into the framemeister, and scart is european.
>>
>>3009765
Your tv likely has a bettrr upscaler built in, and even modern tvs still have composite input anyway.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.