[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you prefer this game vanilla or with the 1.13 mod?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Jagged_Alliance_2_Coverart.png (126 KB, 256x286) Image search: [Google]
Jagged_Alliance_2_Coverart.png
126 KB, 256x286
Do you prefer this game vanilla or with the 1.13 mod?
>>
File: headshot.png (26 KB, 299x87) Image search: [Google]
headshot.png
26 KB, 299x87
already beaten the game vanilla

now playing 1.13 + Arulco Revisited with split up teams (Bull and two IMPs from Omerta through San Mona to Chitzena; third IMP, Mouse, Ira and Barry from Omerta to Drassen and the N-E SAM site)
>>
File: Drassen counter-attack (1).webm (3 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Drassen counter-attack (1).webm
3 MB, 512x384
>>
>>3006716
Nice

I've never actually beaten the game even though I love it. I've decided to go back to vanilla and then try 1.13 after. It just changed the core mechanics too much for my taste.
>>
>>3006709
Also since you've beaten the game, do you have any tips? I get absolutely demolished a lot of the time and have to resort to save scumming. Right now my team is IMP, Raven, Malice, Dr. Q and Ira, attacking drassen airport now.
>>
>>3006716
holy balls
>>
File: stealth frag (4x).webm (3 MB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
stealth frag (4x).webm
3 MB, 640x512
>>3006750
bait and mow down enemies, something like in webm >>3006716

press 'R' for run mode

if you're close enough and feeling cocky, you can try punching your enemies down and/or stealing their guns right from their hands - iirc, Malice has HtH combat and Dr.Q has Martial Arts (HtH expert), so they should be quite effective at this
if you miss the punches, have a merc nearby to shoot the fucker in the legs to drain his APs
>>
>>3006687
I started 1.13 on normal difficulty, used to play vanilla on easy. Can't hit shit now, even with Lynx. Even IRA has a better hit ration with a revolver. What should I do to improve?
Is ot because of the new chance to hit system, or because of the difficulty?
>>
>>3006687
Can't say I outright prefer one over the other but I'm glad I played vanilla back in the early '00's then came back to it (vanilla) about 10 years later and somehow discovered 1.13 soon after. Both are great experiences.
>>
>>3006687
I fapped to her, no joke.
>>
Did they nerf the accuracy in 1.13? It seems that I miss all the time. Not befitting of professional mercs.
>>
>>3008034
Back then I would always wonder which merc she was supposed to be.
>>
>>3007912
It's a little bit of both. The new to-hit system adds in bullet drop and similar mechanics which makes it a LOT harder to hit without putting a fair amount of AP into aiming.
>>
>>3008057
Any way to increase the probability of hitting?
Even with one field distance, only every 3rd shot hits
>>
>>3006750
Positioning your troops is the most important aspect, so train that.

When you fight near houses/buildings, use two or three-man teams. When you peek out of a corner and you're sure someone saw you, keep someone on your back (looking the other way), so the enemy doesn't get the drop on you.

When you're in a building and looking out of a window, do so at an angle. Only stand/crouch directly in front a window if you're sure the enemy is right outside. Don't go prone right in front of a window, you'll just be a target and won't be able to fire back. Only ever go prone in front of a window during a firefight.

If you see an enemy circling a house and you're sure he's going to pass in front a window, take a step back from the window and crouch/stand up. That way, he won't be able to see you, and you'll usually get an interruption.

Learn to use grenades and mortars as soon as you get them. Mortars are really fun to use and don't miss as often as rockets. Use your grenades to flush an enemy out of cover, specially if they're behind tall cover.

Use a multi-man approach to everything. In that warehouse where you fight one of the first elite troops (black clothes), don't keep everyone on the roof, and neither on the ground. Keep someone on the roof (like Lynx) and approach the opponents from the ground with "enforcers" (high HP mercs that are good with shotguns).

If everything fails, go inside a house with no windows, barricade everyone inside and close the door.
>>
It's friday and I've decided it was about time I give JA a try.
I have the Jagged Alliance Classic Pack from Humble bundle some time ago.
I barely know what kind of game it is, should I start with the first one?
Might be a stupid question but it seems like only 2 ever get talked about.
>>
>>3008102
First one is average at best but the second is excellent. It's what these kinds of games should be. One objective: Kill a single target. Go about it however you please.

The 1.13 patch fixes a ton of bugs but also greatly increases the difficulty, so I'd play it on the easier settings until you get the hang of it.
>>
File: 402549.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
402549.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>3008034
I've noticed it's a woman 2 years ago or so, I thought it was a man for 15 years.
>>
>>3008204
well to be honest she's pretty buff, she could be mistaken for a man easily
>>
>>3008214
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l9Ph6y4jNY
>>
1.13 is the way to play, but vanilla doesn't get enough credit--it still has the best tactical battles, with or without 1.13
>>
>>3008125
So I played the first one.
It was very sluggish and the fact that I had no idea about what I was doing didn't help.
However it was charming and to my surprise I started to get attached to the characters in my squads after a single mission.
But god is it slow. I'll try again later and maybe check the controls this time.
>>
>>3008086
Are you spending the full amount of action points to aim for each shot? Remember to right click several times to spend your maximum amount of time aiming.

Also, attaching optics and scopes to your weapons will help your chance to hit.
>>
>>3008512
Yes, I always aim at maximum. I even tried cheating to increase APs and shoot several times in a row at maximum. Lynx with his standard rifle, I think a M4, hits every 5 shots. Scope with her rifle and a Scope hits every 3rd shot.
I have yet to aquire an FN-FAL. JA2 Vanilla on easy, Conrad and Lynx with a FN-FAL had almost 100% headshot guarantee, with half APs / right Clicks.
And lynx with standard rifle had 50-80% hit chance from thr first level on
>>
>>3008483
I'd just try number 2, it's honestly just superior in every way

>>3007838
>Press R for run
This changes everything. Thank you. I can finally close the gap with my enemies
>>
>>3008039
You need to aim.
>>
>>3008483
Play JA2 nigga. Many of the mercs are in JA2 so you could probably remake your JA1 squad
>>
>retake Drassen
>beat the counterattack
>handily capture the rest of the cities
>get bored before I push into Meduna
>rinse and repeat a year later

anyone do this?
>>
>>3009820
>Capture the rest of the cities
Nope
>>
>>3009820
>>get bored before I push into Meduna
>>rinse and repeat a year later

Not with JA2, but I know that feeling, of no more challenge. Replace JA2 with the 3 Fire Emblem games I've played, and you're me.
>>
>>3008034
I tried but
>gripping the mag
makes my penis soft
>>
>>3006716
What pistol does that much damage with chest shots that early in the game? JHP ammo?
>>
>>3011470
Probably glaser, which was added in 1.13. It's completely useless against armor but against unarmored foes and bloodcats, it's pretty much a one-hit-kill.
>>
>>3011475
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. But still, finding glaser that early probably isn't easy. He probably BR'd it.
>>
>>3011470
>JHP ammo?
close, Glaser ammo

great while enemies are still unarmored, almost completely useless once they start wearing armor
>>
>>3011502
Isn't it really good against crepitus as well?
>>
>>3011504
no idea, always played Realistic
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.