[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some ridiculously obvious things you didn't notice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: sharrier.png (23 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
sharrier.png
23 KB, 320x224
What are some ridiculously obvious things you didn't notice until years later? I never caught on that Space Harrier took place in the same universe as Fantasy Zone despite the game saying with "WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE!" each time you play until about a year ago.
>>
File: Bowser.jpg (16 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
Bowser.jpg
16 KB, 223x226
Bowser is a turtle, not a dragon like i thought my whole childhood.

He's called "King Koopa" in SMW, and the Koopa are turtles. I never made this connection because i never paid attention to speech and text details in video games until i began to play and learned to love JRPGs last year.

I felt like an idiot after understanding this because if you look at him, it's really painfully obvious he's just a massive koopa with spikes on his back and some hair.
>>
>>3006359
That Kranky Kong was the original Donkey Kong guy.
>>
>>3006359
The red eyes on level 1-2 in Rondo of blood was the same thing that chased you at the end of the level. I love little details
>>
>>3006359
Is that votoms?
>>
>>3006359
To be fair, it's not like there's really any visual connection between the two off the top of my head.

There was going to be a crossover between the two; Space Harrier styled gameplay, but you play as Opa-Opa with a few Fantasy Zone styled trappings thrown in. It got cancelled but there's a proto floating around.

There's also a port of Fantasy Zone for some Japanese PC that has a Space Harrier themed world in it apparently, but I've never seen any photo or video evidence of it.
>>
File: dom_02[1].jpg (68 KB, 600x422) Image search: [Google]
dom_02[1].jpg
68 KB, 600x422
>>3009086

It's a Dom.
>>
>>3009124
It's the X68000 version you're thinking of.

https://youtu.be/pmjNbqqehu8?t=823

God, I love Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone.
>>
>>3006359
I used to pronounce "Magus" in Chrono Trigger like "Mayjus" for years.
>>
>>3009209
Damn, finally getting to see this is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing the video.

It's too bad M2 couldn't throw it into their 3DS port, would've been great.
>>
>>3010029
Maybe Dempa just owns the contents of that stage somehow.

Dempa was pretty much the M2 of the time.
>>
>>3010008
I mispronounced almost everything Japanese.
"Ry-you"
"Ninja Gayden"
"Tenjen"

Oh, and the Indian from SF was "De-halsem"
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.