[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Treasure thread! The most innovative game studio of all time...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: treasure.png (4 KB, 180x173) Image search: [Google]
treasure.png
4 KB, 180x173
Treasure thread! The most innovative game studio of all time... What are your favorite/least favorite games by them? And why is Mischief Makers so dang fun?
>>
>>3005812
Treasure sucks. /thread
>I win
>>
>>3005812

>favorite

Sin and Punishment

>least favorite

of the ones I played, Rakugaki Showtime, but it was still kinda fun and has Marina in it.

>And why is Mischief Makers so dang fun?

I'd say it's the controls, once you figure out how to make the best out of the jet boosters it's a delicatessen in terms of gameplay.
>>
>favs
Bangai-O (DC)
Gradius V
Astro Boy Omega Factor

>least favs
Ikaruga
Gunstar Super Heroes
>>
File: advancedgh.jpg (16 KB, 220x219) Image search: [Google]
advancedgh.jpg
16 KB, 220x219
>>3005812
Quite possibly the most underrated Treasure game. I honestly prefer it to the Saturn's GH.
>>
File: bangaio_screen001.jpg (80 KB, 665x470) Image search: [Google]
bangaio_screen001.jpg
80 KB, 665x470
>>3005812
Easily one of my favorite devs, really like most of what they've made. Favorites are Bangai-O and Guardian Heroes. Two of my favorite games of all time. I also love Gradius V

Least favorites are their sequels and Gunstar Heroes.
>>
Waiting for the anti-treasure fag to appear soon

anyways, Alien Soldier is the best game, I will repeat it until the end of the time.
>>
File: 1332347346687.gif (1 MB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
1332347346687.gif
1 MB, 500x308
>>3005916
So you can bitch back and forth at each other about how you don't like the same things? Wooo hoooo!!! Strap yourselves in folks, looks like it's going to be another rollicking roller-coaster day on /vr/!
>>
>>3005916
Are Treasure fans the most defensive, insecure and whiny fanbase on /vr/?

They're like the jews of vidya.
>>
File: treasure1432612534351.jpg (572 KB, 800x859) Image search: [Google]
treasure1432612534351.jpg
572 KB, 800x859
>>3005931

Treasure fan here.

I couldn't care less if there are people who hate Treasure.
>>
>>3005941
>mfw people remember scarfgirl exists
>>
>>3005812
Reminder that they're going to be giving out Gunstar Heroes for free on Saturday.

http://www.makewarnotlove.com/results.php
>>
We need to revive the HAN/Ukyo/Yaipon/NON dream team, /vr/. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTbCtYWW6w
>>
My favorite is Gunstar Heroes

Least favorite is probably Bangai-O.

I ordered a repro copy of Alien Soldier that's coming in the mail though so I'm excited for that.
>>
>>3005812
>favorite
It's hard to pick, they're all good...

>least favorite
except for Gunstar Super Heroes, which was a mess from top to bottom.

>And why is Mischief Makers so dang fun?
The controls and boosting. I know Treasure is all about their action and bosses, but I wish there was more platforming in MM.
>>
>>3006060
Gunstar Superheroes was excellent though. What did you particularly dislike about it? Aside from the "homage" stages like the shmup part.
>>
>>3006073
Those homage stages aren't just little side diversions though, they're actually huge chunks cut out from a game that is in desperate need of content. The Afterburner segment is too easy and slow; Flicky's is just what the fuck; Thunder Blade's is badly programmed; I really have to wonder what Treasure was thinking including all this shit. This company prides itself on originality, not grotesque bastardizations of previous games.

It's really hard to call it Gunstar "Super" Heroes, it's more like GH Jr. It's the original game, just chopped up and condensed. Again, it is very much lacking in content. I don't expect run & gun games to last hours upon hours, but these levels are over and done with before they even really start.

Plus, the only real involving gameplay you get out of it is from SOME of the bosses. The levels themselves are blasted through mindlessly, no matter what difficulty, and that is NOT how the original was--the original was intense and fun all the way through.
>>
File: gs.png (17 KB, 148x125) Image search: [Google]
gs.png
17 KB, 148x125
>tfw Golden-Silver actually attacking you was cut from GSH
>>
>>3006073
It was watered down and uninspired.
>>
>>3006238
Still a better single-player experience than GunH.

Nothing beats GunH co-op though.
>>
u duh fag
>>
Gradius V > Ikaruga >>>> RSG
>>
>>3006314
Heh. No.

Sin & Punishment > Bangai-O > Gradius > Silvergun > Ikaruga >>>> Silpheed: The Lost Planet
>>
>>3005812
>The most overrated game studio of all time
ftfy
>>
>>3006140
>>3006073
Is Gunstar Superheroes worse or better than Advance Guardian Heroes?
>>
>>3006357
worse, at least AGH doesn't have any gimmick shit
>>
>>3006357
Advance Guardian Heroes is the better game. Disregard the opinion of anyone who tells you otherwise.
>>
Official Treasure GBA Ranking:

Guardian Heroes 2 > Astroboy > Ippo > Gunstar 2 > Buster's Badass Dream
>>
>>3005851
This was in a bargain bin in a grocery store and I bought it as a little kid.

Hands down the best gba game I have ever played.
>>
>>3005931
Castlevania fans take the cake.

>Boohoo your favorite game in the series isn't my favorite so it's shit.
>>
>>3006378
>Guardian Heroes 2
NO
>>
>>3006695
I miss the days when it was just Igafags vs Castlevaniafags. Nowadays it's Castlevaniafags fighting amongst themselves with everyone else just watching from afar.
>>
>>3006718
Whether you like it or not, the GBA installments were sequels to those games.
>>
>>3005931
Rare fags take the cake, though they are few and far between.
>>
>>3005931
They're what Platinumfags are to /v/, I suppose.

Nah, in all honesty Treasure kicks ass.
>>
Ikaruga is their best game
>>
>>3007737
lol no
>>
>>3007737
>I posted it again XD
>>
>>3007742
lol yes.
Other games are great too, but Ikaruga is just pure art.
>>
>>3007750
Games are not art. They're programming code with art slapped on top of it.
>>
>>3007761
The music, art design, etc is a part of games, retard. And coding is also an art.
>>
>>3007770
Yes, but they're secondary to the game, dipshit. You can have a playable game that doesn't have any art assets or music because all that is necessary is code.
>>
>>3007770
>coding is art
Please don a tripcode so I can filter your stupid ass posts from now on.
>>
>>3007774
What does this even matter? They are still a part of the product.

>>3007782
Coding also needs knowledge and creativity, just like any other artform.
>>
File: 1450825553753.jpg (430 KB, 840x960) Image search: [Google]
1450825553753.jpg
430 KB, 840x960
>>3005812
>Favorite
Sin and Punishment 1/2
Alien Solider

>Least favorite
The only game of that I've played so far and couldn't get into was Silhouette Mirage.
>>
>>3006160
Why would they do that dammit? Such a disappointment.
>>
>>3007787
Programming is engineering and math. Not art. You can be inventive with those things, but that doesn't particularly mean they're artistic.
>>
>>3008421

Painting and sculpting are regular jobs, but they can be art too.
Math is also part of writing music.
>>
>>3008524
>painting/sculpting
What's that got to do with science? They have no practical application.

>Math is also part of writing music.
>putting music theory on the same level as mathematics

You artfags crack me up, man.
>>
>>3008531

Hey man, painting is science too. COLORS.

I'm not an artfag, just wanted to point out that even if coding 0s and 1s can be part of a regular, boring job, it can also be an art, just like painting. You can paint a wall in your room, or a landscape on a canvas.
>>
>>3005812
>Favorite
Sin & Punishment 1 or Alien Soldier.
I used to love Gunstars but somehow the remake made me reconsider my tastes.

>Least fav
Yuyu Hakusho

>>3007770
So, codes with art slapped on them.
>>
Not enough Bangai-O love ITT.

Seriously one of the most interesting shmups ever thought up.
>>
>>3006695
They aren't that, they are the most aggressive willing to cut each other at a moments notice. No clue how it got like that.
>>
File: bangai13.jpg (194 KB, 982x726) Image search: [Google]
bangai13.jpg
194 KB, 982x726
>>3009225

Love me some Bangai-O.

It's not one of the most famous Treasure games, but it's one of my favorites.
I like it more than Ikaruga and RS, although Bangai-O isn't a straight shmup, when you think about it, it can also be seen as a run and gun game with zero gravity using a mecha with hoover boosts and macross-style missile action.
The game was actually inspired by an old Sharp computer game called Hover Attack.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.