[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I play PS1 games on PC or PS3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (627 KB, 1052x1500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
627 KB, 1052x1500
Should I play PS1 games on PC or PS3?
>>
>>3005518
i would imagine pc has more options with the emulators being able to tweak the graphics and such.
>>
>>3005518
PS1 games on pc look great. Definitely the best option.
>>
>>3005518

MSX is the most patrician console

It has 2 Metal Gear games, plus. The controllers are a little hard to find but if you look in the right places you will be happie playing 2 Metal Gear games, plus other classics, somebody wanna help me out here????

PS1 is the worst console ever graphics wise
>>
>>3005956
What the fuck are you doing?

Op, use PS2 or 3.
>>
File: tombraider3_lostartifact.jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tombraider3_lostartifact.jpg
71 KB, 640x480
>>3005956
idk low poly has a charm to it
>>
Judging from the sheer volume of "redpill me on playstation" threads I'd say it's the console that's about to become hot

In response to OPs question, there area number of factors to consider when playing ps1 games

>For maximum authenticity: a real playstation hooked up via RGB to an RGB monitor
>For maximum convenience: a ps2 with a softmod outputting 240p component video
>For maximum customization: a PC running emulation
>For portability: a psp
>>
On the PS1 numbnut
>>
>>3006156
>>3005962
The only correct answers.
>>
>>3005956
>>PS1 is the worst console ever graphics wise

Kind of agree, at least the saturn had great 2d, and the 64 had nintendo just maxing out that at the time quite formidable hardware.
>>
File: latest[1].gif (10 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].gif
10 KB, 320x200
>>3005956
This is a respectable but debatable opinion

>>3008279
You just don't know shit about fuck. You don't know what makes good games and you don't know bad graphics.
>>
>>3005518
PS3 is better than nothing, but the graphics will look much better on a PS1 or PS2 through RGB. PS2 through component is nice too, but not quite as sharp for 240p games (PS1). Some PS2s have problems playing some PS1 games, such as Tomba.
>>
>>3008279
>and the 64 had nintendo just maxing out that at the time quite formidable hardware.

You are dumb. The N64 was not "quite formidable", it was vastly more powerful than the Saturn and the Playstation. It never realized its potential however, it was never "maxed out", because it was very hard to program for and never got the sales and capital needed to utilized its hardware. Fucking "formidable".
>>
>>3005956
Late PS1 games are akin to early PS2 games graphics-wise.
>>
>>3005956
>PS1 is the worst console ever graphics wise
Are you sure about that that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtU4p4wqd8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3eSFn2gUoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5njX8ITl-U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW_C8e-9GsI

Also, worse than stuff like 3DO or anything else of that sort? Really?
>>
>>3008338

Which PS1 game can be graphically compared to Ridge Racer V or DOA2?
>>
>>3008327

>muh potential never used

Fuck off, Gohan. People say exactly the same about the Saturn by the way
>>
>>3008373
>People say exactly the same about the Saturn by the way
Those people are right. Both the N64 and Saturn were complete clusterfucks design-wise. Sony had them beat by sheer power of easiness for devs alone.
>>
>>3008370
Uhhhhh Gran Turismo 2 and Tekken 3 right off the top of my head
>>
>>3008327
The untapped potential argument is bullshit, if the hardware was so untapped then why did it need a ram expansion for the majority of late release titles?
>>
>>3008370
>>3008376
I'm talking about late PS1 games as in post-2000, and even then in comparison to some early PS2 games, certainly not AAA titles.

Games like Firebugs and Slap Happy Rhythm Busters are amazing for PS1 titles.
>>
>>3008327
>because it was very hard to program for
No, programming for MIPS isn't hard at all. The GPU of the n64 just fucking sucked for games and prerendered videos like on PSX or Saturn were usually not an option.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.