[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There any good Simpsons games other than the arcade game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Simpsons_arcade_screenshot.png (7 KB, 288x224) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons_arcade_screenshot.png
7 KB, 288x224
It seems like they're universally terrible.
>>
hit and run
>>
>>3005202
That was above average and the fourth-wall breaking jokes were not funny at all, and all the other jokes were just jokes from the series.

Except the one in the credits
>>
Bart vs the Space Mutants is inventive
>>
>>3005229
Inventive, but terribly executed platforming.
>>
>>3005202
This is generally accepted as being the best one of the lot, the 2006 game was well written and looked nice but didn't play as well.
>>
>>3005113
I actually really like virtual bart, it is not a perfect game but it was a lot of fun and had a good variety of gametypes. Was also suoer fucking dark, really fucked up stuff in it and some great animation.
>>
BvTSM is interesting but way, way too hard for the target audience. Getting past the first level is almost impossible.
>>
>>3005262
The first level wasn't too bad. The mall level was terrible. All that horrible platforming over death pits. I rarely ever made it past that level.
>>
I liked Bart's Nightmare and Virtual Bart as a kid.
Hit and Run was good too.
>>
>>3005261
>Was also suoer fucking dark, really fucked up stuff in it and some great animation.
Fucking seriously it was, even the mundane situations had you staring the possibility of death so plainly in the face that it stops feeling cartoon-y and about "losing a life" and more like "you fucking died".

Kinda same goes for Bart's Nightmare, I dunno there's just a creepy vibe about both of them. For Bart's Nightmare I always got very creeped out at the game over screen, looking at Bart's F on the fridge (Which is something that happened constantly for someone who rented the game only)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>3005469
>Fucking seriously it was, even the mundane situations had you staring the possibility of death so plainly in the face that it stops feeling cartoon-y and about "losing a life" and more like "you fucking died".
Naw shit
>>
Few good games here and there, but Acclaim were mostly just interested in milking the Simpsons license for all it was worth.
>>
>>3005308
I know the game had different versions, but really, the mall? I played the NES version, and after the clusterfuck that was the first level, the mall was definitely a breather level. The amusement park was a bit harder, but easy objective and you could get a bunch of extra lives in it. Now, the museum was pretty hard. Maybe you're mixing the museum with the mall?
>>
File: Krusty's_Fun_House_1.png (7 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
Krusty's_Fun_House_1.png
7 KB, 320x256
I only played partway through this one (pretty good) and Bart vs. the World (ok I guess but the skateboard stage was hard to manage).
>>
How is the Konami beat em up?
>>
>>3006861
Apparently it's a TMNT clone, though I've never played TMNT. Really fun and challenging.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.