[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bought one of these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: segagenesis.jpg (27 KB, 300x263) Image search: [Google]
segagenesis.jpg
27 KB, 300x263
I thought it had a decent library but I hate that there's 40 fake games.
>>
File: 1427770699710.png (179 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1427770699710.png
179 KB, 500x358
>>3005057
The sound quality is terrible and no saving. I got mine for xmas and having been shopping for somewhere to return it for a giftcard or something.
>>
No sonic? He's on the box!
>>
I saw one of these pieces of shit being played by a kid in a local department store on an lcd and it looked truly awful.
>>
>>3005057
You were swindled, my friend. Try and return it and buy a model 1.
>>
Could have had this - or just a softmodded Wii
>>
>>3005215
>and no saving
It should be?
>>
If you wanted a clone, you should of gotten a Super Retro Trio. It's been a while since I've played my actual Genesis to compare how accurate it else, but it's enough to make me forget that I was playing a clone.
>>
>>3005416
Firecores don't support save-games
>>
>>3005421
*how accurate it is
How did I even type that
>>
>>3005215
>no saving.

That's why they didn't add Sonic 3
>>
>>3005057
How much this cost exactly? I saw at for 80$ at Urban Outfitters, I wanted to start a thread at /fa/ to know why shit's overpriced there
>>
>>3005447
>How much this cost exactly?
I bought mine for 40.
>>
>>3005057
I have one of those! My wife gave it to me for Christmas. Can't I say I play it much but it's a big hit with her son!
>>
>>3005421
I think OP bought this for the game library already included in the console.
>>
>>3005447
Ive seen them range from 30-50. Mostly at dollar stores, and supermarkets.
>>
>>3005057
Maybe good for you, but i prefer actual hardware. Quality is much better on original. Those cheap plug in consoles have poor made plastic and theyre more like emulation than actual hardware. You could open that thing and look at inside yourself.
>>
A buddy of mine had this (or something similar) and the shitty wireless controller only worked if it was pointed right at the system. Pure shit.
>>
>>3006662
There's a piece of actual hardware inside that box OP posted. You can see a picture of it on the front.
>>
>>3006871
Yeah yeah, but i mean like the processors, ram and all kind of chips.
>>
G A R B A G E
A
R
B
A
G
E

Seriously stop giving money to these fuckers
>>
I picked one up for $20, if the sound quality was so god awful it might have been worth something, but its not worth much more then a useless nick nak.
>>
>>3005057
Why didn't you just buy the original console you dummy?
>>
>>3005406
Best compilation ever
>>
>>3006893
T H I S M E M E
H
I
S

M
E
M
E
>>
>>3005057
I played one in a store around Christmas, the sound is horrible and the whole this is a cheap, plastic piece of shit.
For less money you can just buy a real Genisis and probably a few games.
>>
>>3005447
Why would they carry this at Urban Outfitters? lol
>>
Genplus gx on the wii is pretty good and is still in active development. You also have the choice of playing the various collections of genesis games through Nintendont. It's a pretty good compromise
>>
>>3005215
>The sound quality is terrible
Well it's a Genesis, what do you expect? Actually the sound could be good, the music is off-key somehow.
>>
>>3007943
>The only "Genesis" I've ever seen is an atgames. PAL.
Sucks to be you kid.
>>
>>3006132
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yCwIjFmSKE
>>
>>3005057
real question, is this released by sega?

if not, isnt it pirated physical product and therefore highly illegal? how is this on stores?
>>
>>3010364
They are licensed, Sega doesn't manufacture them however, atgames does.

They even got the license from Warner Brothers for the 3 Mortal Kombat games on it.

Sega has allowed atgames to make these shitty things for a long time, the come in all sorts of flavors, both handheld and console, and they all have abysmal sound quality due ot having very cheap parts do really shitty emulation.

It's insane how Sega goes between stuff like Sonic's Genesis Collection and the 3DS ports, which are excellent and these horrid things.
>>
>>3005447
got mine for $5 a flea market do hipster really pay $80 for this shit ?
>>
>>3005447
I see them at Walmarts and Targets for $40.
>>
>>3005057
>that audio quality
pleb
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.