[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silent Hill Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: silent-hill.jpg (36 KB, 385x395) Image search: [Google]
silent-hill.jpg
36 KB, 385x395
Since P.T. has been revived, let's have a thread to discuss the first Silent Hill game.
>>
>>3004827
>Since P.T. has been revived,
hurr fake news le epic le troll lelelel XD
>>
>>3004829
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/645003/Silent-Hills-Walking-Dead-Norman-Reedus-Hideo-Kojima-Back-In-Development
>>
>>3004827
P.T. has not been revived. A new collaboration has been suggested. It's probably going to be a new IP.
>>
The first game is literally not very good.
>>
>>3005269
It's actually very good, you're mistaken.
>>
>>3004837
>we saw a tweet showing Reedus and Kojima drinking together therefore they're making Silent Hills after all
>what does intellectual property mean again?
>>
i just recently played the wii remake, how does it differ from the original?
>>
>>3005274
Only the very base of the plot is similar; that and the ending is linked to one of the endings of the original.

Apart from that and a couple of references, they're completely different games altogether.

What I love about Shattered Memories is that it pulled something rather amazing spoiler aheadit is a remake while being a sequel, of the bad ending, at the same time.
>>
>>3004837
If they turn the title into a new IP it's 100% for the best. Silent Hills was probably going to be an interesting game and have absolutely no relation with Silent Hill at all. Hope everything related to P.T. development is in Kojima's Production hands and not Konami, but I can't be sure about that due to the awful way the demo was deleted, which smells like Konami.

>>3004827
Great game. Pick a topic, though.
>>
>>3005269
The first game is actually the best one, and Siren is better than any post-PSX Silent Hill game.
>>
>>3005593
>Siren is better than any post-PSX Silent Hill game.

Siren is a game for masochists.

Here, let me keep failing and dying during this game-scale trial&error until I figure out the exact one step by step path the devs want me to take...

I totally see where you're coming from though. It is true that there was a shift in the SH series after 1. Everyone sees the series as "psychological horror" but it only really became that with SH2 onwards. I mean, because the enemies in SH1 are born out of Alessa's mind doesn't make it psychological horror.
People also tend to forget that SH1 had jumpscares, like the cat in the locker for instance. People tend to forget that when they shit on Homecoming for having one or two jumpscares too.
>>
>>3005729
>Siren is a game for masochists.
Thats what made it amazing, it was a game meant for hardcore survival-horror fans.
>>
Whether or not it's called Silent Hills, the horror game by Kojima and del Toro that was going to be an SH game is definitely coming back all but in name only. My bet is they'll adapt it into a Siren game since Kojima works at Team Japan now.
>>
Siren is also a very different game than the first Silent Hill games. Main gameplay element is avoiding (undefeatable) enemies and hide from them like in Amnesia,SH: Frozen Memories and Haunting Ground. I think SH4 had a bit of that, too.
Not everyones cup of tea for sure. Personally I missed the smahing nurses with a rusty pipe part.
>>
>>3005757

Totally. Siren was just amazing. Even with the trial and error it still managed to be tense. The sight jacking was a genius idea. And just the overall return to a completely survival based system really distinguished it from it's peers.

Sadly, not retro.
>>
>>3005376
P.T. absolutely belongs to Konami, that's not even a question.

Kojima was their employee, his work is their property. He will have to come up with his own code, assets, employees, computers, etc. himself to make games.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.