[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this just came in the mail today /vr/. I've only got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: framemeister.png (96 KB, 400x238) Image search: [Google]
framemeister.png
96 KB, 400x238
So this just came in the mail today /vr/.

I've only got composite cables to test but so far SNES has been proven to be a huge improvement over the previous TV composite connection I had it connected to.

N64 is giving me some minor trouble when I try to play in 720p with scanlines in 3D platformers in particular.

Both Banjo Kazooie and Mario 64 are giving me this issue when I come up against wall objects where it starts blinking and bluring when walking alongside it.

If I put it in 1080p which discludes scanlines it doesn't give me any problems.

Could the problem be the scanlines?

Gonna try Ocarina of time next and then try some PS2 and Dreamcast as well.

Will likely order some s-video for N64, PS2 and Dreamcast as well.

Thanks for the recommendation by the way.
>>
Oh yeah, also, is there a preferred settings for all the different options I have for the thing?

I also find it interesting that it has audio volume control in the box too.
>>
Update the firmware.
>>
Please order proper rgb cables for any of your consoles that support them.
>>
PS2 already supports component cables so you should get those and for the DC get the VGA cable/box.
>>
>>3004716
Ah very well then, looks like I'll do this. Thanks for the tip.

It's currently on 1.11 and apparently current firmware is 2.02.

>>3004717
>>3004718
Will definitely get those.

Also IIRC I'll need a SCART adapter as well right?
>>
>>3004727
It's JP 21. Not scart.
>>
>>3004730
https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/micomsoft-xrgb/european-scart-to-framemeister-xrgb-mini-converter-with-csync-lm1881-for-sale

So not this one?
>>
>>3004727
>>3004732
Scart is wrong pinout. You need jp 21 or scart to jp 21 adapter.

Also this wont do much for PS2 or DC.
>>
>>3004727
You bought a framemeister and you didn't even realize it's mostly sought after for its ability to handle 240p RGB? Good lord.
>>
>>3004727
How the hell did you decide to drop that much money on a scaler and not know that it was sought after for its ability to handle 240p RGB content?
>>
>>3004740
>>3004776
It's not that I didn't know about them, I'm just ordering them in abit.

Also, after updating the firmware, I can't seem to find the scanline option anymore.

Any help?
>>
>>3004781
Look at the wiki.
>>
>>3004781
Nevermind, found the option for scanlines in 1080p works with new firmware.

I'll definitely be ordering those rgb cables though for SNES and Genesis to be sure.
>>
>>3004713

OP, The Framemeister is mostly used for RGB setups and for people who like modding their consoles to output RGB. Some consoles output it natively, some require soldering wires to chips inside the system and then amplifying those signals out to ports. Either way, you'll need custom cables for any of those numbers.

The way I use mine is that I made custom cables out of Xbox 360 component cables, which are heavy duty and have 4 RCA connectors + 2 audio, perfect for RGB, Then whatever cable that system needs to get its six RGB + audio wires out (some I spliced into the main wire, some required a custom connector) all go into an 8 port Pelican component switch, and then the one output of that goes into another custom cable that transforms to the pin input for the JP-21 that the Framemeister came with (looks like SCART but has a different pin setup).

Using the Framemeister for anything below RGB is a bit of a waste, unfortunately. This is a good chance for you to get into RGB mods if that is your thing.

>>3004781

The scanline option is buried in one of the menus. Keep looking through every sub-menu and you are sure to find it.
>>
>>3004739
So this?

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/micomsoft-xrgb/european-scart-to-japanese-scart-converter

Also, any idea what DEC_LINE1 and DEC_LINE2 do?

I found that if I maxed those out that a couple of N64 games that I had trouble with stopped having artifact issues and the like.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.