[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dreamcast frustration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (16 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16 KB, 224x225
This game frustrated me. Is there a Dreamcast shooter game that is not so frustrating?
>>
Giga wing 2 is way easier and also fantastic, it has unlimited continues and lots of unlockables tied to playing well, so you gradually get better but never get stuck at a wall.
>>
Ikaruga is trash that shmup babbies like to hail as the best ever. You're better off playing something like Giga Wing 2 or Mars Matrix. My personal favorite though is Border Down, top tier hori.
>>
Good news, our resident autists consider that an easy casual game.
>>
>>3004510
What did you find frustrating about it? What shmumps have you played and enjoyed before?
>>
>>3004543

My, my, anon!

Hardcore, aren't we?
>>
>>3004510
It's SHIT. Go play Darius or Thunderforce instead.
>>
According to the anti-Treasure people on the /stgg/ threads, Ikaruga is, like, the easiest shmup EVER MADE. If you find it frustrating, then probably you should drop the genre altogether!
>>
>>3004562
Touhou.
>>
>>3004578
You're not OP.

Why do people make fun of Touhou?
>>
>>3004582
Because it shits resources at you like no tomorrow and all the shot types are super strong. But besides that stage designs are a joke, the art is terrible, music is usually annoying with midi trumpets blaring everywhere (seriously the dev should learn how to compose music properly), bosses are predictable and attack in waves called 'spellcards', and so forth. There are many better shmups out there to play instead, not sure how fucking Touhou got so overrated.
>>
>>3004582
It's gay and dead.
>>
>>3004596
You'd have to be literally retarded to think anyone plays 2ho for the gameplay.
>>
>>3004569
>hardcore

Steam sale /v/ kids like you don't know the meaning of that word.
>>
>>3004596
No one is into Toehoe for the games.
>>
>>3004601
There's a devoted following of 2hu players on /jp/ and /vg/'s shmup threads, though.
>>
>>3004605

Teach me, master. How can I become a great hardcore gamer such as yourself?
>>
>>3004612
>/jp/
Those niggers got cucked so bad by the janitor I don't even think they visit this site anymore.
>>
>>3004613
Play 2hu.
>>
Under Defeat
>>
>>3004510
Best Dreamcast shmup is Radirgy
>>
>>3004667
Now that's poor taste.
>>
>>3004667
That's not Karous.
>>
>>3004667
>>
>>3004679
That's just Radirgy but with a stupid Ikaruga-like gimmick and aesthetic bolted on, along with an overly complicated scoring system.
>>
>>3004582
It's popular, but a lot of people that claim to like it don't know about or care for the games.
>>
>>3004909
How's it anything like Ikaruga? It's literally just Radirgy except not as quirky but more emo/gothic (not saying that like it's a bad thing for either game), on top of having a slightly more interesting scoring system.

Also an awesome atmospheric DnB soundtrack instead of jazzy UK garage. Goddamn fuck the HG101 guy for dissing the soundtracks, the soundtracks are among the highs the two games had to offer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-yrYuWRdD8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O6EEpp7jEs
>>
File: Gunbird 2 PAL DC-front.jpg (921 KB, 1425x1407) Image search: [Google]
Gunbird 2 PAL DC-front.jpg
921 KB, 1425x1407
This is an easy and fun game.
>>
>>3004510
psyvariar 2 is pretty badass and easy
>>
>>3004518
>unlockables
Isn't that some kind of heresy?
>>
>>3004510
Play Cannon Spike then.
>>
>>3007740
It's shit.
>>
>>3007745
But it has Arthur in it?
>>
File: segata.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
segata.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
Get good, you fucking scrub. I didn't give my life so you could whine about difficulty. Practice until your fingers break. UNTIL YOUR FINGERS BREAK.
>>
>>3004510
I heard someone is working on a homebrew version of angry birds for the DC
>>
>>3004582
>Why do people make fun of Touhou?
It's on the easy side and have different priorities compared to an arcade shmup so shitting on it is a proven method of demonstrating your STG cred.
>>
>>3009061
>no link
Thanks for nothing
>>
>>3009651
>gets trolled
>trolls himself
>>
>>3005039
>Goddamn fuck the HG101 guy for dissing the soundtracks
I know right? What a retarded cunt.

>>3005326
>psyvariar 2 is pretty badass and easy
Its only easy if you play it like a pleb.

>>3004648
>Under Defeat
This, great fucking game as is border down.

>>3004676
>Now that's poor taste.
Nah milestone games are underrated as fuck you cock gobbler.

>>3004909
>along with an overly complicated scoring system.
Complicated if you're a completley thick fuck guess you were the kid who had velcro instead of laces.
>>
>>3005298
>This is an easy and fun game.
lol good troll the 2nd loop is evil.
>>
>>3011456
Seriously i remember all two Gunbirds being easy.
>>
>>3010120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DypnVC3qvCc
>>
>>3011468
your're trollfu is not strong
>>
>>3011468
ANGRY BIRDS RETRO NOW! XD
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.