[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gameboy/gameboy color thread I have been playing some gameboy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 80.jpg (27 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
27 KB, 320x240
Gameboy/gameboy color thread

I have been playing some gameboy games and have a new found appreciation for its library. I just finished for the frog the bell tolls/kaeru no tame ni kane wa naru and I'm playing megaman v right now, great games.
>>
File: Myths_and_Monsters_-_NA_Boxart.png (186 KB, 332x333) Image search: [Google]
Myths_and_Monsters_-_NA_Boxart.png
186 KB, 332x333
I've recently rediscovered pic related, and it's a crying shame that it doesn't get more recognition.

Also, could anyone explain to me what the hardware improvements the color had over the brick? It feels faster, but that might just be me.
>>
>>3004402
>could anyone explain to me what the hardware improvements the color had over the brick
Double the CPU speed, more ram.
>>
>>3004420
And a color screen to utilize the extra cpu power.
>>
Recommended GB/GBC Games?
>>
>>3004621
If you like Tyrian 2000, Project S-11 is fun and has a great soundtrack.
>>
>>3004420
also more dma modes/channels, ir port.
It was a whole new system built on the dmg foundation. Kind of like GCN to Wii
>>
>>3004621
For the frog the bell tolls (fan translation)
Kirby (dreamland 2 is the best on GB but their all pretty good)
Mega man V(IV is pretty good too)
Legend of zelda: link's awakening
Any wario land
>>
>>3004442
the color handling does not require any additional cpu power. The old brick just had one built in palette, while the gbc has 16 of them configurable in memory.
When you play gb games on the gbc it will be clocked down to gb speed (devs can choose if they want the extra speed on the gbc), even though it's doing color output
>>
Don't get castlevania the adventure, the music is good but everything else kind of sucks
>>
>>3004745
Is it weird I really enjoy that game?
>>
>>3004796
yes
>>
I only have 100 left before I've gone over the full library.

It's been a long journey, but it's been worth it. Everyone should play Mercenary Force, Samurai Kid, and Banishing Racer.
>>
>>3004721
Oracle series is just behind LA in quality.
Final Fantasy Adventure/Mana #1 is very good, but many prefer the gba version
Dragon Quest 1+2 and 3 are excellent for that vintage rpg fix, and spell name patches exist for 3 to make it modern and not cringy
The Konami collection is excellent for variety and shelf/flashcart space
>>
>>3005437
>Everyone should play Mercenary Force, Samurai Kid, and Banishing Racer.
First of all, everybody should play Hammerin' Harry: Ghost Building Company.
Hammerin' Harry's only GBC game is actually by the developer of Samurai Kid and plays much the same.

>>3005584
>Final Fantasy Adventure/Mana #1 is very good
It's decent.

>but many prefer the gba version
Not at all. It's a very controversial remake.
>>
>>3004796
yea a little..
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.