[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like single player modes in fightan games? I'm absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
Do you like single player modes in fightan games? I'm absolutely addicted to the survival modes in SFA 3
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 258x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 258x263
I love arcades in Street Fighter games, they are fun and addicting and great time killers

I can't wait to pick up SFV and play arcade mode for hours.
>>
Who the fuck plays fighting games for single player content anyway?
>>
Yeah, I always have a good time playing SF2 since the beginning, the game still great and I feel like when I was a kid as it was my first videogame, except now I can play it properly.

>>3003754

>I can't wait to pick up SFV and play arcade mode for hours

A-anon, I...
>>
>>3003842
World Warriors actually had unique broken AI for each character as opposed to newer games where every cpu controlled character plays the same.
>>
>>3003831
Do I have some news for you.
>>3003838
I'd say 70% of the people buying the game. Sure multiplayer is the "main" draw but a ton of people will kill time on single player or use it to practice. Really, having a fighting game without any legit single player modes is a fucking awful idea and the only people who don't care are elitist tourney scumbags.

Remember the heyday of arcades? Remember playing Marvel vs Capcom when you were 15 and having fun playing single player? YEah those were great times, until the 30 year old came along and kicked the shit out of you so he could take over the machine.
>>
No, because the AI is cheating shit. I know it's easy to cheese them, but that's completely unfun
>>
>>3003859
>cheating shit.
>it's easy to cheese them
Wait, what?
>>
>>3003861
They don't follow the player's rules - they read your inputs and act before you can actually pull the move off. At least in games like MK. It's easy to put them in a loop of stupidity and win, but there's no fun in doing that.
>>
>>3003859
I know what you mean, if you hold back and repeatedly jab in SFA3 the cpu will open themselves to you or do something stupid.
>>
>>3003857
I was being sarcastic. SFV sucks dick so far. Ivenever felt ripped off when buying a game until now.
>>
>>3003875
Sfa3 on dreamcast had this silly infinite battle survival mode where you beat up the cpu and the next character immediately jumped in. It felt more like a beat'em up than a fighting game at times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjeGTBg0fL0
>>
>>3003896
>>3003875
There was also this rpg stat building mode where doing one action repeatedly powered up one area while weakening another, so for example if you used special moves instead of normal attacks your specials and offensive power would get stronger and your normals and defense would get weaker.
>>
The campaign mode in the DC port of Soul Calibur is what got me into fighting games. 100%'ed that bastard. SC2's campaign mode was just sadistic at times.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
Expert Mode
>>
>>3003902
speaking of rpg,
>>
>>3003754
The World Tour mode is pretty fun, dunno if the Dreamcast port has it.
>>
>>3004371
The world tour mechanics are a bit different in the ps1, something with the way you level up. I think only the ps2 didn't have it.
>>
>>3003857
>Really, having a fighting game without any legit single player modes is a fucking awful idea and the only people who don't care are elitist tourney scumbags.
>Remember the heyday of arcades? Remember playing Marvel vs Capcom when you were 15 and having fun playing single player? YEah those were great times, until the 30 year old came along and kicked the shit out of you so he could take over the machine.

In fact fighting games have their roots as mainly single player games where vs was a side feature for kicking players off the machine faster
>>
File: world tour.jpg (35 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
world tour.jpg
35 KB, 600x340
>>3003754

Yes. I think if you're gonna release a home game at full retail price then you should put in some form of single player content.

It's absurd that I can can get hours out of Edge Master or World Tour mode from games from the 90s but SF V and SC5 had fucking nothing. SF5 doesn't even have an arcade mod.

How is that not the easiest thing to program into your game? It's just 8-10 random dudes in a row. Im honestly aghast at that
>>
The Soul series has always had my favorite 1P modes.
>>
>>3004316
>The campaign mode
>>
File: rbff1-7.png (18 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
rbff1-7.png
18 KB, 320x224
Im all for competitive play, I understand they're built for it but good god am I sick of the FGC given me shit because I want to care about characters and story.

I like getting an ending and learning about the fighters, from what you hear out of some of these people It sounds like they'd be happy with stick figures knocking each other around
>>
As an only-child billy-no-mates, I pretty much lived in singleplayer modes.
The main standouts that come to mind are Tekken 3's Arcade, Survival, Ball, and Force modes, Soul Blade's Edge Master, and all of Rival Schools.
>>
>>3004920
Yes Soul Calibur had one.
>>
>>3005050
>and all of Rival Schools.

I still contest that Project Justice had the best layed out story mode

everything clicked perfectly
>>
>>3003902
Sounds like FF2 the fighting game. How sadistic
>>
>>3004913
>SC5 had fucking nothing.

It has arcade and story mode, get your Alzheimer's in check.
>>
>>3003754
What's the differences in World Tour mode between the PS1 and Sat/DC version?
>>
I'd talk about how GOAT Mortal Kombat Deception's Konquest, Puzzle Kombat, Chess Kombat, Mortal Kombat 9's story mode and challenge tower were, but they aren't /vr/.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.