[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally beat this motherfucker today. Never played another
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (8 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8 KB, 500x438
I finally beat this motherfucker today. Never played another Castlevania, are they all as hair-tearingly difficult as this one? Literally hurt myself shouting in victory when I finally got him.

At least they let you continue from the room before the battle. I was going to give up completely if I had to do the last castle bit another fucking time.
>>
>>3003306
Congrats. Took me some years to beat that bastard myself. Feels fucking glorious, doesn't it.

3 is even harder.
>>
>>3003317
>3 is even harder.
Depends on which routes and partners you take with you.

The actual hardest Classicvania is completing all 6 loops of CV68K.
>>
>>3003306
Congratulations.

Impressive.
>>
>>3003317
3 is more manageable if you play the Famicom version
>>
>>3003545
What's the difference between the NES and Famicom versions? Besides the music.
>>
>>3003798
there are a bunch actually, nes is largely more difficult
>>
>>3003798

Famicom has a different system of damage. Different enemies do different damage, but the NES version has enemies doing the same damage but doing more damage with each level. The NES version also fucks with item placement and terrain to make it harder.

CV1 is considered to be one of the easiest classicvanias, other than death. However, it also has the worst controls, so maybe the later ones will seem easier to you.

It helps to play on a CRT, to reduce input lag.
>>
>>3003798
>>3003826
I believe Famicom CV3 also gives Grant infinite throwing knives as a basic weapon, while the NES version restricts him to a melee stab and requires hearts to throw the knives.
>>
File: Castlevania-Castle-Entrance.png (102 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania-Castle-Entrance.png
102 KB, 1440x900
>>3003306
>Beating Castlevania for first time
>kno dat feel

One of my favorite gaming accomplishments. Congrats brah!
>>
I have the GBA version coming in tomorrow. Never played it before, hope it doesn't kick my ass that hard.
>>
You guys are a bunch of babies, the first CV1 isn't that hard at all. Only Death can be a bitch and that's only if you fucked up and brought a bad subweapon with you.
>>
I don't think there's a single pre-SotN Castlevania that won't make you want to tear your hair out at least once.
>>
>>3003826
Yeah, I'm using a Famicom on CRT. My LED TV is lagtastic for SD signals.
>>
>>3004034
This and American version has finite continues.
>>
>>3004892
It doesn't. Only Bloodlines does, as far as Castlevania games go.

Nice job, OP. CV1 can be really tough to learn.
>>
File: 1444751159783.jpg (11 KB, 193x189) Image search: [Google]
1444751159783.jpg
11 KB, 193x189
Wait until you hit the Dracula fight in Castlevania 3. Here is a pro-tip to help on his first form don't start to move when you see the flame pillar starting to come underneath you, look at Dracula instead and watch when he raises his arm then start to move to avoid the flame pillar.
>>
>>3004034
That's true, although it's not that much better on the Famicom version. The problem is that he can have only one knife onscreen at a time, so if you throw one and miss, you're defenceless until it leaves the screen if you don't have a subweapon.

A little known fact is that the PAL version was also made easier. It still has all of the US changes, except you take one bar less damage for each hit and the stopwatch lasts a second longer. The bone towers are back to taking four hits instead of six, same as the Famicom version.

And of course, the PAL version is 1/6th slower, so it's easier in general than the US version.
>>
>>3004201
At least you can save in the GBA version, which isn't cheating because you could save in the exact same places in the original Famicom Disk System version.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.