[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12
File: Zeddas Labyrinthe.jpg (438 KB, 794x1204) Image search: [Google]
Zeddas Labyrinthe.jpg
438 KB, 794x1204
Lost games.
>>
File: 4866_front.jpg (59 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
4866_front.jpg
59 KB, 640x640
Sucked dick.
I'm glad it's lost.
>>
>>3003167
cannot even find a gameplay video

what is this?
>>
>>3005409
It seems to be the third installment of a creepy adventure games saga.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/horrortour/horrortour.htm
>>
>>3005045
this game sux bawls
>>
File: Twin Peaks NES.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Twin Peaks NES.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
>>
File: i'veseensomeshit.gif (630 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
i'veseensomeshit.gif
630 KB, 500x378
>>3006297
That wasn't even released, also you're sure NES was the platform?
I think the only information that proves the existence of the game it's that few lines in that unknown magazine, i can't find anything else.
I would like to see at least an screenshoot or something.
>>
We know OP's game was released, though. And other products I only know of because of Suruga-ya listings haven't disappeared entirely (one guy from Australia has a bunch of Windows 3.1/Macintosh games made in Japan around that time). Chu-Teng being dumped here should tell y'all to keep looking cuz you never know what's out there.
>>
File: Knuckles_disbelief.png (2 KB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
Knuckles_disbelief.png
2 KB, 217x217
>>3006445
>Nintendo Power (Issue 22, March 1991)
>unknown magazine
>>
>>3006503
I didn't know that. And it's confirmed it was a NES game?
>>
>>3006503
>>3006535
Well i found little more info.

>In GamePro's Pronews Report of 12/90 (pg 180): "The incredibly bizarre ABC series Twin Peaks is coming to the NES some time in 1991. Expect the NES title to be a mystery/brainteaser type cart, rather than an action game, complete with all those strange characters that make Twin Peaks so much fun.
>"Twin Peaks, which is based on the bizarre T.V. show, will be role playing in style, with the player trying to solve the mysteries of Twin Peaks as one of the many strange characters on the show. The plot is based on the second season, with multiple endings possible depending on which character is played." - NP22 Pak Watch Gossip Galore (pg 97).
>"Another NES game from Hi-Tech Expressions is Twin Peaks." - Game Players Magazine March 1991 (pg 30).
>>
File: Hellraiser-NES-ad.jpg (53 KB, 443x473) Image search: [Google]
Hellraiser-NES-ad.jpg
53 KB, 443x473
>>3003167
I wanted this game to surface more than anything. The potential to be an SNES quality NES game.
>>
File: v022 p97.png (4 MB, 1280x1730) Image search: [Google]
v022 p97.png
4 MB, 1280x1730
>>3006535
Yes
>>
>>3006561

That stuff about the Super Cartridge was actually true?
>>
>>3006571
The what?
>>
File: stonekeep2.jpg (2 MB, 2549x3299) Image search: [Google]
stonekeep2.jpg
2 MB, 2549x3299
Stonekeep 2: Godmaker
>>
>>3006571
It could be, it looks like it has a ton of chips to assist the hardware.

I wonder how much it would've cost though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1330x744) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1330x744
>>3006445
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1vXEDEAYg0
>>
File: cooper.jpg (145 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
cooper.jpg
145 KB, 500x374
>>3008883
I just found this the same day. There's even an indie game called Black Lodge 2600 but if you ask me it looks like your typical indie retro-like shit.
A genuine Twin Peaks retro game would have been great, but at least we have Mizzurna Falls and we can hope for a translation someday.
>>
>>3008883
>Nes
>High resolution
>More than 16 colours
Triggered.
>>
>>3006571
There is some info floating around that sounds legit. It's mentioned that the cost of the cartridge was the reason the entire Hellraiser project was cancelled. Info on the game itself is shady. Some sites mention it was based on the Wolfenstein 3D engine... As Wolfenstein was released in 92 and this game was slated for 90, that seems very unlikely. Still would like to see the artwork.
>>
>>3010402
Agreed.

Fake.
>>
File: dinoplanet0342.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
dinoplanet0342.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
Rare had a really good handle on the N64 hardware, this might have turned out to be another one of their decent late generation games along with Perfect Dark, Banjo-Tooie and Conker's BFD.

Starfox Adventures was alright, it just somehow felt like a something interesting and original was lost along the way, especially since, as I understand it, Rare were forced to cut a bunch of content to accommodate adding all the Starfox assets into it.
>>
>>3011349
That's correct, Rare scrapped huge amounts of story material, from unique locations to whole characters and plot arcs, to accomodate the IP makeover. I've watched the leaked hour-long preview of Dinosaur Planet several times and am heartbroken we never got the game we were promised. The voice acting and animation were top-notch for N64 and the game had a more cohesive and overall darker feel before it became Adventures.

I'm one of the few who will defend SFA as a Rare classic, and that's mostly due to the large amount of original content, scaled back as it was, that did make it to release after the conversion. I think most Star Fox fans were disapproving of the changes this game attempted to make to the series formula, and that's why it gets its name dragged through the mud. Dinosaur Planet should have been released as its own IP and judged on its own terms, no question.

(Also link to the video I mentioned:
http://youtu.be/cOVBRJToVDY)
>>
>>3005045
How is this a lost game?
>>
>>3003167
Those are some delicious thighs for the 90's
>>
>>
>>3007604
that's cool as fuck
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.