[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to play GB/GBA on TV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: sgb1_o11.jpg (52 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
sgb1_o11.jpg
52 KB, 450x338
My friends, do I use the GC gameboy player, or super gameboy? And why?
>>
File: LHJYCJ6.jpg (891 KB, 3744x2363) Image search: [Google]
LHJYCJ6.jpg
891 KB, 3744x2363
Best way to GB is with a SGB/SGB2 and that funky SGB controller.
For GBA, ____________________________not retro
>>
The GC Gameboy player is shit, so, don't use that.
>>
Emulation is the obvious answer. Tons of extra features and options.
>>
>>3002678
Its bretty gud with gameboy interface mod
>>
>>3002678
except with this update !!
https://retrogamingnr.wordpress.com/2015/07/21/game-boy-advance-reloaded-game-boy-interface/
>>
>>3002678
It's good for GBA games, but I've noticed input lag when playing GB/GBC games.
>>
File: sgb2.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
sgb2.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
i heard the original Super Gameboy was slightly inaccurate due to the emulated CPU speed being off (faster i think). it was supposedly fixed in the SGB2, but that only came out in JP.
>>
>>3002814
>emulated CPU speed
it wasn't emulated, it was wrong.

the super gamerboy is literally a gameboy in an snes shell, they just flubbed on the timing.

they fixed it in the sgb2, which wasn't released in the states.

just like it's been mentioned already, the GCN gb player is the best if using the gameboy interface startup disc, ultra low latency edition (if you have a fancy monitor that can support the weird refresh rate)

go with the low latency version for consumer tv/scalers.
>>
>>3002651
The Super Gameboy only plays GB games. If you want to play GBC/GBA games, then you'll have to use the GC player.
>>
What's the unofficial snes gba player like
>>
There's a cheap bootleg GBA SP on aliexpress that has AV out and about 200 real games built in... I dunno what the quality is like, though.
>>
>>3002780
Very interesting. Thanks.

>>3004563
If it's the one I'm familiar with it's the same guts as the GB boy colour.
>>
>GB
Super Game Boy 2 (Super Famicom or Region-unlocked NTSC SNES only, no PAL version exists). Original Super Game Boy will suffice (but games play at slightly the wrong speed).

>GBC
Depends on the game:
Dual-mode GBC games should use either SGB2 or Game Boy Player + Game Boy Interface (Low Latency). If the SGB enhancements are worth it, SGB2. Otherwise, GBP+GBI LL.
GBC-only games should use GBP+GBI LL.

>GBA
GBP+GBI LL. Stock GBP startup disc is decent, but GBI LL will give you 240p and reduce input lag.

>Best all-in-one solution
Game Boy Player + Game Boy Interface (Low Latency). The beauty of this setup is that it's cheap and easy to obtain. Only the start-up discs are rare and expensive; GBP units themselves are common and very cheap since people think they're worthless without the disc. But with GBI you don't need the disc, so just pick up a GBP plus an SD Media Launcher and you're good to go.

>>3004436
It's shit. No 1:1 scaling, composite video only, inaccurate clone. It's not even a real SNES 'game', it just pulls power and control input. Also doesn't play GB/GBC games. Get a Game Boy Player.

>>3004563
It's shit. It's just another GB Boy, which are horribly inaccurate GBC hardware clones. Get a Game Boy Player.
>>
I have modded PAL gamecube, so with SD media launcher and Game Boy Interface, does the game boy player needs to be PAL one or can I just use us/japanese one?
>>
>>3005051
A quick search says that all GBPs from every region are universally the same. I can't confirm this myself, though.
>>
>>3005117
That depends on your definition of "universally the same". Obviously they came in different colors but that's pretty superficial. But when one model can not be swapped with another model because it physically won't fit I'd say that's not the same.
But if you're willing to swap me a Q GBP for one of my GC GBPs I'll agree to agree with you.
>>
>>3002657
yo how have i never seen one of these
>>
>>3002841
I take it that changing the xtal for a proper one should -theoretically at least- fix the timings issues.
>>
The gamecube had an add on underneath it that you could install and play gb games. i like it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.