[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Free shit on Steam.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_4716.jpg (601 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4716.jpg
601 KB, 1600x1200
So Steam has something going on, I'm not really paying attention to it, but you can get a free copy of Jet Set Radio and Golden Axe through Steam right now. Google Make Love Not War Steam or something like that.

Not really sure why no one else has posted about this yet.
>>
Just search for Jet Set Radio and scroll down. Package deal is there for download.
>>
File: 1455101989501.jpg (16 KB, 787x443) Image search: [Google]
1455101989501.jpg
16 KB, 787x443
>>3001614
sweet, thanks
>>
>>3001614
Because asshurt jannies keep deleting everything related to Dreamcast and Steam.
>>
I already own Golden Axe in at least 4 other formats and Steam is a garbage service run by Jews. Having said that, thank you OP, you made my day. What games are in "Sega Genesis/Megadrive Classics"?
>>
>>3002108
just golden axe, I think it's just the emulator service to run it since it has no buy page.
>>
>>3002169

Unh... shut up if you have no idea what he's talking about.

Can someone please enlight me what the fuck is this Hell Yeah! Rabbits stuff? Looks like garbage.

But fuck yeah, free SEGA games
>>
>>3002108
Only Golden Axe is free on the Sega Collection, but they have others games.
>>
>>3001614
Been posted several times today. Been deleted because some janitard has a hair up his tight ass.
>>
I hate to say it, but god damn, Golden Axe hasn't aged well.

Remember to check back in 2 days to pick up Streets of Rage 2.
>>
>>3002361
Golden Axe was never good.
>>
>>3002361
>>3002381
Found the underage
>>
>>3002809
>he doesn't share my opinion therefore he's a child!
I've never played the game and have no opinion on it, but I can tell you're a useless 20-something who thinks now that he's an "adult" (please) his opinion is worth more.
>>
>>3001614
Thank you OP-sama!
>>
>>3001614
Thanks for the heads-up, man. That emulator for the Sega Classics is total ass, though.
>>
>>3002818
Anyone who pulls out the "didn't age well" maymay is a child. So is anyone who hasn't played Golden Axe. You sure are shit at guessing someones age kiddo.
>>
File: 1441012644022.jpg (63 KB, 438x470) Image search: [Google]
1441012644022.jpg
63 KB, 438x470
>>3003173
>>
>>3003173
It's horrendously repetitive with less variety in enemies than even the shittiest beat 'em ups from the post Final Fight craze. It's disgustingly stiff in a way that it feels like the enemies have an unfair advantage on you. The enemies, luckily, have the stupidest AI. And all of them have more or less the same patterns. The magic system is an afterthought and it'd be better off being single charge 'bombs' that kill weak enemies.
Every beat 'em up after Golden Axe did the same thing, but better. It did not age well.

I still love the game and I'll play it again and again.
>>
>>3003245
Golden Axe is pre-Final Fight though.
>>
>The second round of freebies, which will unlock on February 18, will include Streets of Rage 2, Binary Domain, and the outstanding Condemned: Criminal Origins
>>
>>3003245
Don't forget that every single enemy can be cheesed with charge attacks, and in GA3 you can break the AI by turning your back to them and just smacking them with the radius attack. Even the final boss.

There's no denying that each entry made large improvements, but it's still a very average game until the arcade-only 4-player one.
>>
>>3003245
I've compared dumps of my Golden Axe cart made in 1990 to a dump made recently. They were identical. The game has not changed in the slightest bit with time.
Sounds like you don't like it because you're a youngling who can't into pre SNES games and can't git gud. Let me guess. Artificial difficultly and bad design?
>>
>>3003245
> the shittiest beat 'em ups from the post Final Fight craze
The nice thing about Golden Axe is that it's so unlike Final Fight, and really unlike almost anything else other than Alien Storm. It sticks out among all the same-y beat em ups.

>>3002213
>Unh... shut up if you have no idea what he's talking about.
He did actually answer my question...
>>
>buy Jet Set Radio
>$5.00
>play Jet Set Radio and several other games
>free
>advertised on the same page
wat
>>
>>3001614
Thanks for the protip, though all I missed were two dlcs for that rabbit wheel game something.
>>
File: 1455739073070s.jpg (3 KB, 116x125) Image search: [Google]
1455739073070s.jpg
3 KB, 116x125
>>3002818
>Golden Axe was never good. (I've never played the game)
must be knowing what is good and what isn't from youtube reviews.

>>3003973
nice counter joke, *insert bit rot joke*
im not that anon, but you sounds you only like it because you're an elder with presbyopia but the doctor gave you nostalgia glasses instead.

i played it in infancy and had nostalgia for it as well, but its no better than return of double dragon, in which i mean, both quite simple, i was just entertained by golden axe's conan setting.
>>
>>3003245
Hey nigger, why don't you address this post >>3003260

because you got thoroughly raped in the ass.
>>
>>3008654
>nostalgia glasses
That's kidspeak for when someone who can play a game with visible pixel jaggies without their eyes burning. Also applies to watching old moves in B&W.
>>
>>3010134
kidspeak or not, an emotional bias does indeed exist, ive had my fond memories broken or amended depending on which game i randomly remember and replay from megadrive & snes library, as far as i can tell that's what people call "nostalgia glasses"
>>
>>3010343
Sure, an emotional bias does exist. The kids react response of OMG it's not an HD 3D FPS LOL is an emotional bias.
Some people are more creative with their memories than others. For me old games are pretty much as I remember them. With maybe the exception that they're a bit easier because I have more experience playing.
>>
>>3011581
not thag poster but isnt being creative with your memories basically lying to yourself?
>>
>>3012120
If it's intentional absolutely. If not that depends where you draw the line between lying and just being wrong about something
>>
File: Brain-Games-natgeo.jpg (87 KB, 616x346) Image search: [Google]
Brain-Games-natgeo.jpg
87 KB, 616x346
>>3012120
>>3012495
well, it almost always happens unintentionally, but in different degrees, in this natgeo show/jokumentary ppl couldn't remember faithfuly something that happened 1 hour ago, and
would mix characteristics between the scene participants, or their inner minds would fabricate false memories when trying to recall specific features.
>>
>>3012557
I get the impression a lot if people here intentionally delude themselves.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.