[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sega!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Sega saturn.jpg (19 KB, 302x400) Image search: [Google]
Sega saturn.jpg
19 KB, 302x400
Do you guys think the Sega Saturn's anime form was based on Sailor Saturn?
>>
>>3001584
Not really. Hotaru's distinctive qualities are her hair and that she's especially skinny and short.
>>
>>3001590
Just looked up if there were any SM games on the Saturn and apparently the Sega game is the only time you see Hotaru transform.
>>
It doesn't make sense to make female anthromophisms of consoles.
Femlaes don't even play games.
They should really be boys.
>>
>>3001710
1) it makes about as much sense as anthropomorphizing anything
2) you must be joking
3) you clearly don't understand why there are girl mascots of the systems.

this is too sophisticated to be bait, but it's so fucking wrong that it has to be.
>>
>>3001584
eh... she looks a lot more like Miku, than Sailor Saturn. I mean, twin tails, pleated black skirt, belled detatched sleeves, and the general futuristic style all look like a vocaloid. honestly, if they gave her a tie, I would assume this was Miku

And given how old Sailor Moon is, I doubt the designers would have that in mind when designing this girl.
>>
>>3001748
This makes me wanna never play Saturn again.
>>
>>3001584
Why no Master System in the show
>>
She's based on Nights.
>>
>>3002105
Who are Mega Drive and Dreamcast based on? Space Channel 5 for the later?
>>
>>3001584

Twin Stick = Twin Tail

Saturn is best girl
>>
>>3002143
Space Channel 5 works.

No idea for Mega Drive.
>>
I thought this was supposed to be getting a US release?
>>
So are they gonna do another one of these? The first show was so much fun, then kinda feelsy at the end.
>>
;_;
>>
I liked the series until it started shifting towards post-/vr/ games I'd never heard of and even current games on mobile, at which point it felt like one giant ad. I can't really blame nostalgia either because I don't think I've actually played even half of the early games features in it. Nostalgia for the era rather than for the games in particular, maybe.

Soundtrack is fun.
>>
File: chara_detail05.png (389 KB, 680x426) Image search: [Google]
chara_detail05.png
389 KB, 680x426
>>3002010
She's in the radio drama, manga and novels alongside other Sega Hard Girls not in the anime such as SG-1000, Mark III, TeraDrive and Genesis.
>>
>>3004247
Radio Drama? Manga? Novels?
>>
>>3002143
Still no answer given.
>>
File: chara_detail16.png (480 KB, 680x426) Image search: [Google]
chara_detail16.png
480 KB, 680x426
>>3004330
Yep, it's a mix media franchise.
http://shg.sega.jp/index.html
>>
File: rappy dance.gif (707 KB, 236x288) Image search: [Google]
rappy dance.gif
707 KB, 236x288
>>3003649

The PSO2, Shining whatever crossover episode was funny though
>>
>>3004514
>ttp://shg.sega.jp/index.html
Amazing.
>>
>>3001748
If anything, she looks more like Miku because she's drawn by the same designer/illustrator, KEI.

The anime anthromorphism of consoles only became a thing because of stuff like OS-tan and Vocaloid. Before that, it was more acceptable to present mascots, like Alex Kidd for Master System and Sonic for Mega Drive/Genesis.

In a way, they borrowed several elements from Ulala for the Dreamcast character, so if they were to follow the same pattern for Saturn, she'd be based either from Nights, Sakura Shinguji or motherfuckin' Segata Sanshiro
>>
>>3004379
I think Mega Drive is based of a Phantasy Star character.
>>
>>3007813
Not seeing it.
>>
>>3007860
Phantasy Star Online
>>
>>3007865
Could you explain how you came to the conclusion that Mega Drive is in any way based off a character from a Dreamcast game?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.