[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the cheapest way to get into Universal Game Cases?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: UGCCollection.jpg (111 KB, 1023x502) Image search: [Google]
UGCCollection.jpg
111 KB, 1023x502
What is the cheapest way to get into Universal Game Cases?

Is there any website other than thecoverproject that has a good depository of covers? It seems like some of the premium websites that have a case with the insert art ready have more of a selection of covers, especially in the case of N64 boxes which can get a bit inconsistent for customs, which I really need more than anything else.
>>
>What is the cheapest way to get into Universal Game Cases?

Don't buy them? Nothing says bandwagon collector like those ugly things.
>>
The only carts I would even consider getting third party cases for are my Neo Geo MVS carts since they look like ass, and even then I haven't taken the plunge.

Here's an idea---take that 5 bucks per case you would spend,and invest it in games instead.
>>
>>3001428
>The cover project
Is literally the resource to use for UGC.

It's cheaper to buy in bulk from mediashelving or something.

At the same time, a lot of people are making cases that are tailored to fit specific carts and have more utility, like slots for manuals and such.

Customgamecases.com has UGC and GB/GBA cases, and some new NES style cases. I think Stoneagegamer or something similar had custom SNES snapcases.

I own them, and honestly I wouldn't recommend it. They take up a huge amount of space and you're absolutely tied to them for any future purchases. I did it for my current games, and now I have to keep making them or buying them because theres no way I'm doing half/half.

Its definitely something you need to be sure about. I think they look good and I do enjoy them, but they can get expensive, especially if you buy some cheap ass games.
>>
>>3001437
Seconding this. The only winning move is not to play.
>>
>>3001437
>>3002220
>he just throws his old carts in a shoebox

Nothing says poorfag like that blatant disrespect for cherished retrogames.
>>
>>3002240
>wasting money on children's toys
>>
>>3002240
Says the poorfag who can't afford CIB games. You're a god tier dingus kid.
>>
- "Universal"
- Can't even fit Mastersystem games

pass
>>
>>3001437
>stop liking things that I don't like
>>
>>3001437
nothing sys autism than "the way it was meant to be stored", its a plastic cointainer to keep humidity and dust off eletronics, get over your form over function mentality
>>
>>3002321
I've had no problem putting Master System games in them.
>>
I'm thinking of getting them for my N64 and Gameboy games since the fuckers lack end labels. Looks better than tape.
>>
I want to get into these but I don't have the shelf space to store them. I wish I had a clamp case similar to those ones they used to make for Gameboy cartridges, except for console cartridges
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.