[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was KKnD 2 not successful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 3456466544563465.jpg (116 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
3456466544563465.jpg
116 KB, 640x480
Why was KKnD 2 not successful?
>>
KKND was brilliant. Guess the sequel didn't innovate enough?
>>
>>3001805
A new faction, more refined graphics, the prototype system, amphibic units, controlable airplanes, alternative energy sources,... I really can't see where it innovated not enough.

I guess it was some management or marketing failure.
>>
>>3002316
All factions have almost exactly the same unit line up, with just a few differences, balance is non existant, especially if you look at infantry, everything that isn't grenadiers is not worth purchasing as it's waste of money and lastly accuracy as an RNG riddled component of combat is annoying as hell. It has some charm behind it, but overall the game feels like it was rushed.
>>
>>3002347
Tbh, it was rushed. It doesn't even use the beast armor type, though it was implemented.
>>
>>3001378

I think the only problem with KKnD 2 is its badly designed simplistic omniscient and overly efficient AI. In other words, someone was told to program a system that is designed to kill the player, but no one remembered to give it the same weaknesses as human players have. They see all the map all the time, multitask with infinite things simultaneously, and have a zero millisecond delay between one action and the next. They will already be attacking you with a large force when you're still busy with initial base setup. The player's only advantage is the AI's inability to learn from its own mistakes.
>>
>>3002392
>It doesn't even use the beast armor type, though it was implemented.
How diffenretly it functions?
>>
>>3005297
The game only uses infantry, vehicle and building armor (iirc). However units can also have beast armor. In the attack settings you can choose damage on beasts. But all beasts in the game have vehicle armor...
>>
>>3002392

I don't think there's much reason to implement that kind of mechanic in a game where two factions have zero beast units and one faction has all beast units. (minus MCVs) It's like having a dedicated mechanic that only affects dealing with Zerg units in a Starcraft game, even though only Zerg has Zerg units.

Though I suppose it could make sense if you're talking "biological" -because that actually makes sense in terms of KKnD. Nine have no biological units, Evolved have all biological units, and Survivors have a mix of the two.
>>
I'm such a weeaboo that when I saw this thread I was thinking "What's K-something K-something no Densetsu?"
>>
>>3006854
lol
>>
What is KKnD? I'm interested.
>>
>>3006865

Krush Kill 'n' Destroy. An old asymmetrical RTS with a nice post-apocalyptic aesthetic, Starship Troopers-esque intentional campiness, very basic classic RTS gameplay features and badly designed and usually unfair AI. It doesn't have many units but they have decent variety.

I'd say it isn't worth it for the gameplay imho, but it is worth it for FMV camp.
>>
>>3006889
KKnD 2 has an ass load of units.

But yea, the FMV stuff is gold and the general art design of the game is great aswell.
>>
searched kknd and what do you know it's on sale on gog
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.