[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know people here tend to shit on it, but I just got a retron
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
I know people here tend to shit on it, but I just got a retron 5 and it's everything I could have hoped for. Plays all the old games I want, on a 55 inch tv, with original controllers.

Plus, with the patching feature, I can buy cheaper famicom/super famicom games and just apply english patches. In my first batch of purchases I got final fantasy 4, 5, 6 and chrono trigger for $25. FF6 and chrono trigger by themselves would have cost me $200 if I bought the snes versions.

Honestly, don't be a shitposter. Tell me why this isn't the best system for retro gamers?
>>
>>3001330
>Tell me why this isn't the best system for retro gamers?
Because the original hardware is better than a glorified emulation machine?
>>
CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK SORRY FOR WAKING YOU HONEY CLACK CLACK THIS CONTROLLER THOUGH CLACK CLACK
>>
>>3001330
Fuck you. You shit posted first with your shill post.
>>
>>3001330
I got one for my wife and it was fantastic.
>>
>>3001330
Does your wife like it, though?
>>
BAN THIS SICK FILFTH
BAN THIS SICK FILFTH
BAN THIS SICK FILFTH
BAN THIS SICK FILFTH
BAN THIS SICK FILFTH
>>
>>3001330
Are you the wife?
>>
>>3001340
>>3001343

I think the joke here is that this is a system for women? So real men play other retro game systems?

Do you honestly think of yourselves as real men based on the video games you play? Please say yes. Then please kill yourselves.
>>
The wife and I, guys. The wife and I.
>>
>>3001367
You're just saying a word. It doesn't have anything to do with this situation.
>>
>>3001356
You think wrong.

And a soft modded wii can do everything the retron can do for less.
>>
My wife got me a Retron5 because I kept annoying her when she was trying to get off with her bull. I sneaked on the door, eavesdropping while quietly crying and masturbating although she strictly forbid that.

Now I'm playing with my Retron5 and all the slapping and moaning doesn't distract me anymore.

The Retron5 saved our marriage.
>>
File: 1435464362365.gif (1015 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1435464362365.gif
1015 KB, 200x150
>buying japanese copies of games that already exist in english instead of just downloading the ROM and playing it
>>
>>3001379
I like the part where you described the guy being cuckolded. Cuckolding is funny. It's actually the funniest.

Like saying something awkward is funny. And gifs are funny. And emojis are funny. But those those things are sort of mainstream.

Cucking isn't. That's why it's funny. Plus other people on the internet think it's funny. I don't even care what people are talking about. I'll just mention cucking anytime. I'm so random.

Like ten years ago, I was the guy who would always say, "I think I just threw up in my mouth." And like ten years before that, I would always say, "Waaazzzzuuuuuup." I just like to say whatever everyone agrees is shorthand for funny.

People like it. People like me.
>>
File: 1454387930643.png (11 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1454387930643.png
11 KB, 501x585
>>3001330
>it's a retron 5 shill thread
>>
>>3001386

You can have the same awesome experience for only $159.99. Buy the Hyperkin® Retron 5™ now and get a controller FOR FREE AS A BONUS!
>>
>hardware emulation
>original cart in a language you can't read, that unlocks an english rom
No matter how you look at it, this is purely emulation. There's no reason for the famicom cart to even exist in this situation.
>>
It's not even good emulation, it triggers the copy protection in some games
>>
>>3001330
I have a RetroN V that I've owned since launch, I regularly sang its praises on the board untili ran into non-owners seemingly hell bent on destroying any hope of it having a good rep. luckily they are in the minority overall.

I enjoy playing THQ games with my wife, having worked our way through their snes library, we are going to do the same thing all over again, starting with Ren & Stimpy - Veediots. an overlooked snes gem.

the space I save, the fact that it's affordable while still clearly a luxury item and the sharp HD image it provides all help make this a winning idea for those wanting to progress with their retro.

I recommend it. that is, if you can afford the relative inexpensive - many can't. their jealousy is apparent.
>>
>>3001427
My wife prefers the Retron 3, to be honest.
>>
>>3001427
>a luxury item

hahhaha
>>
>>3001427
>I enjoy playing THQ games with my wife

But does her boyfriend enjoy them?
>>
I too, greatly enjoy the Hyperkin Retron 5. Not only has it greatly improved my sex life, since ladies can't resist its sleek styling, using it cures cancer and improves your credit score. Nothing quite like playing the classics from my couch, which we know is physically impossible with a computer, since there is no connection on a computer compatible with a modern TV. I can rely on the Hyperkin Retron 5 to allow me to play my games in a faithful manner, alongside my many female sex partners. I recommend buying one, if not, two, immediately. At $200 each, who could say no to that?
>>
>>3001457
Did you ever thought about marrying one of your many partners? It greatly improves the experience.
>>
>>3001397
OH FUCKING BOY!

You mean I can have a free controller that sounds like five Mexicans playing the castanets at once?
>>
I don't see why you guys get so mad.
There is literally nothing wrong with the Retron 5.
>>
>>3001461
That's a good question. Ultimately, I feel that marriage would detract from my ability to enjoy the Hyperkin Retron 5. As it stands, if I become too enthralled with the quality of emulation that the device provides and neglect one of my partners, it's easy enough to attract a new one. A part of me acknowledges that the ladies only want to get close to me, to in turn get close to my Hyperkin Retron 5, but I know that its sturdy construction should allow it to last long enough that I'll be able to continue using it many years from now. When I get tired of playing my many cheaply acquired games from overseas, that I can play with the soft patching feature, I'm sure I'll settle down with the beauty I'm with then.
>>
If I buy a Retron 5 will I accidentally catch a wife?
>>
>>3001478
See, this poster understands. Why bother with other solutions, when the simplicity of function and form the Hyperkin Retron 5 possesses far outstrips the competition. The Hyperkin Retron 5's classy color scheme and attention to detail ensure it would be an intelligent addition to anyone's entertainment setup.
>>
>>3001480
I can assure you, that while the Hyperkin Retron 5 is more than capable of baiting a woman into your life, the well designed controller and smartly laid out controller ports won't drive her to demand you take her hand in marriage. Ultimately, taking the plunge will be up to you.
>>
>>3001356
I think it's because when it was supposedly shilled here, someone said their wife liked it.
>>
This is the worst thread in the history of /vr/.
>>
>>3001542
Not even close with threads like >>3000465 around although that's not even too bad for a /ck/ offspring.
>>
>>3001330
>http://www.4chan.org/rules#global11
>>
File: rb-sr3-2043_all-66x66in-72dpi.jpg (231 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
rb-sr3-2043_all-66x66in-72dpi.jpg
231 KB, 1100x1100
>>3001330
I have come to fuck your ass
>god tier clone controller. Almost impossible to tell the difference from OEM
>actual hardware, with only thing it fall short on is special chipped NES games, which can be modded to work anyway
>actually fucking works with Sonic 3 and Sonic Knuckles locked in together
>works with everdrives
>can also use Super Gameboy and a retrobit GBA adapter
>doesn't grab onto your carts like a starving Vietnamese whore
>>
>>3001330
Why not just throw up on your LCD and wiggle the controller a bit? Better experience all round, DESU.
>>
>>3001550
That debate on cheese is refreshing, at least it's something that I haven't seen discussed here before
>>
>>3001427
>minority
Wrong faggot. Everyone hates this turd. Almost as much as we hate the turds that shill it.
>>
I think the reason people don't like it is because we get asked about it three times a day.

Everything this system does, you can do with a raspberry pi2 without the need to dump your own roms every time, so you have the illusion that you're playing on a real retro system.
>>
A product marketed for people who insist on buying original carts, but not original hardware.

Collectorfags I understand, CRTfags I understand, emulationfags, I understand.

But these cunts.
>>
>>3001483
I'd rather a cheaper model without the forced shit controller bundled.
>>
>>3001483
Nevermind. turns out this shitpile has edge connector issues.

Not bringing my carts anywhere near this.
>>
>>3001356
back to youtube anita
>>3001492
>I think it's because when it was supposedly shilled here, someone said their wife liked it.
this, i was the one, and btw, it saved my marriage
>>
File: $_57 (1).jpg (128 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
$_57 (1).jpg
128 KB, 1440x900
>>3001330
Since this shit thread is bound to the tip top of the catalog anyways:

Golden Axe and Jet Set Radio are free on Steam right now everyone! Go download that shit while it's still free.

Golden Axe is glorious and you'd have more fun playing it than posting in a retron thread
>>
>>3001940
Its meant for people who don't know what an upscaler is, I think.
>>
>>3002034
BUT FIRST
>>
You can just buy a second hand laptop and a usb controller.
Install a fresh XP copy, download roms and emulators, plug the lappy to your TV, voila.
>>
>>3001330
unlock this piece of shit already; retrofreak lets you play roms out the box and expanded to work with additional emulators
>>
>>3001734
>retrobit
>god tier
>ever
get cancer
>>
File: 42.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
42.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>obvious shill attempt
>gets wife-posted into oblivion
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.