[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valkyrie Profile thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1283096054439.jpg (254 KB, 1000x1087) Image search: [Google]
1283096054439.jpg
254 KB, 1000x1087
Haven't had one in a while.

Do you usually give Lenneth a sword or a bow?

Favorite party pre/post Seraphic Gate?

Favorite dungeon?

Would you profile a valkyrie?

Also, isn't there some indie-kickstarter game that's supposed to be kind of similar to VP? What ever happened with that?
>>
>>3001291
I think the indie you're talking about is Indivisible, which got funded successfully. It's billed to be Super Metroid with Valkyrie Profile combat.
>>
>>3001314
Yup, you're right. That's the one I was talking about.

Hopefully it's good.
>>
Bow always seems to work out better for me up until the Post-Game... heck, most Archers in VP1 are kinda terrible so Lenneth is going to be the only person who can use any good bows you pick up by default
>>
>>3002080
I've always heard that you're "supposed" to give Lenneth a bow, stick her in the middle row of your formation, and let Arngrim hang out up front. I've never been able to bring myself to doing that, though. Giving her a sword and putting her up front just fits her personality better.
>>
>>3001291
>Do you usually give Lenneth a sword or a bow?
Whatever can hit harder at the time
>Favorite party pre/post Seraphic Gate?
Arngrim, Belenus, Lorenta.
>Favorite dungeon?
The witch's flying castle
>Would you profile a valkyrie?
Yes, I would a Hrist, thank you very much.
>>
>>3002563
>Hrist

NEVER EVER EVER
>>
>about to tell OP to fuck off because Valkyrie Profile isn't retro
>turns out that I mixed it up with Valkyria Chronicles

It's Anne Frank/Helen Keller all over again
>>
File: 1266166167333.jpg (521 KB, 1096x1169) Image search: [Google]
1266166167333.jpg
521 KB, 1096x1169
>>3003213
>confusing Anne Frank with Helen Keller

Explain
>>
>>3003213
>>3003618

Wtf, I make the same mistake with those too.
>>
I'm playing through this blind right now, having a great time but kind of worried I'm fucking up. I'm mostly viewing this playthrough as a warmup to kind of figure out how stuff works.

Anyway, is it even feasible to use archers in this game? It seems like they don't have anywhere near enough health to survive being anywhere but the very back position, but that's reserved for a mage because playing through without a healer sounds impossible.
>>
>>3004391
The archers are durable enough to be viable, though none of them are exactly top-tier characters (excepting Lenneth with a bow). I at least make use of Janus from time to time.
>>
>>3004361
Deaf/blind girl and girl who wrote a diary. Yeah, that's like two peas in a pod.
>>
>>3001291
>Do you usually give Lenneth a sword or a bow?
Sword everytime. I feel exactly like >>3002519

>Favorite party pre/post Seraphic Gate?
Arngrim/Mystina/Aelia. I like the characters and their PWS combo. I bench Aelia for Brahms in the Gate though.

>Favorite dungeon?
Tower of Lezard Valeth feels huge, introduces some nasty ennemies and has a god-tier soundtrack.
>>
File: Best Valk.jpg (450 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Best Valk.jpg
450 KB, 1000x750
>>3003201
Fuck you Tri-Ace man.
>>
File: S6004613.jpg (118 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
S6004613.jpg
118 KB, 800x600
>>3001291
Just started with VP.
I'm playing it with custom made pic related on Android. (miniusb is for charging)
Dumb question reporting in:
I am supposed to train fighters and send them to the great war when their hero lvl is high enough. How do I actually send them there? Does the game it automatically or do I have to do smthng?
>>
File: help.gif (793 KB, 391x429) Image search: [Google]
help.gif
793 KB, 391x429
Man, the first half of this game was fairly easy, and now I'm in chapter 6 and it's busting my balls and kicking my ass. Really having to make good use of mage support spells (sap power, reinforce guard, etc). I didn't think this game would end up being so in-depth for strategy.

>mfw a life stealer saps 10k hp from arngrim
>>
>>3006206
You have to send guys up manually.

I recommend using a guide to help you decide who to send and what to give them before sending.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.