[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do we have a tier list/ chart/ something like that for the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
Do we have a tier list/ chart/ something like that for the best games for ps1?
>>
No, we actually form our own opinions here, much to the chagrin of people like you who prefer to repeat what others tell them in order to feel like they're fitting in.
>>
>>3000938
The fact is that i planned to buy a used ps1 and i wanted an advice for the games.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
>>
>>3000942
Just ask what genres you like or what's recommended.
>>
>>3000950
I want a general advice, every genre is suitable.
That's why i asked for a chart.
>>
File: 1401383541828.png (2 MB, 2968x1725) Image search: [Google]
1401383541828.png
2 MB, 2968x1725
Not exactly what you are asking for, but probably more interesting.
>>
File: 1401410599866.png (2 MB, 2968x1725) Image search: [Google]
1401410599866.png
2 MB, 2968x1725
>>3000971
>>
>>3000971
That's a start, let the thread flow
>>
File: SMD.png (739 KB, 676x587) Image search: [Google]
SMD.png
739 KB, 676x587
considering I just started collecting for the PS1 and N64, this site helped form basic knowledge
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation
>>
File: 1366331844849.jpg (1002 KB, 957x4590) Image search: [Google]
1366331844849.jpg
1002 KB, 957x4590
>>3000978
Also i found this one, i don't particularly agree and was probably made by /v/ but it's something.
>>
>>3000980
Take that list with a grain of salt - nobody from 4chan has been allowed to edit it in years, that whole website was hijacked by reddit.

>inb4 reddit boogedyman

Yeah, yeah, I know, but in all seriousness they actually really did set up an entire admin system dedicated to promoting their collective picks and deleting any entry that isn't debated on their site beforehand.

I'm not saying the list isn't without merit, but the formatting is abysmal now with terrible "comments" in place of summaries and some of those picks are questionable.
>>
>>3000920

No, we don't have anything. No metal-archives -like database for games.

No nothing. We're fucked. Thanks JapaJews.

I'll have to go by mammary. I mean memory. Or is it meme-ory? Hmm.

R-Type
Einhander
G Darius
Thunder Force V
Gradius Gaiden (fuck you amazon for cancelling)
R-Type Delta

Raiden
Donpachi
Strikers 1945
Gunbird

Metal Slug
Mega Man X4

Final Fantasy Origin

Castlevania Chronicles

Buster Bros.
Mr. Driller
Puzzle Fighter

Klonoa

Street Fighter Alpha
Samurai Shodown
Guilty Gear

Captain Commando

Probably more, but I left a good outline by genre.
Vertical Shooter, Horizontal Shooter, Platform Shooter, Overhead Shooter
RPG, Action RPG, Platform RPG, Wargame
Puzzle, Platform Puzzle, Overhead Puzzle
Vs. Fighting, Co-Op Fighting

Video Games Heil! Motherfuckers. Trump You!
>>
>>3001929
>Metal Slug
And also Metal Slug X, of course.

Purists will tell you to emulate the arcade versions, but I am thankful the PSX versions exist or I wouldn't have known of Metal Slug back then and they're fun games any way you play them.
>>
>>3001942

Well a lot of these games have better Saturn versions.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.