[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game perfect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Is this game perfect?
>>
>>3000005
I think it is. If only you'd posted this a few seconds sooner, then so would have been the get.
>>
surely we've never had this discussion before
>>
>>3000008
Damn, would have been fucking stellar
And yeah, I genuinely can't think of a single flaw with this game
People bring up how annoying the crying is, but I'm willing to excuse that since it's a punishment.
>>
Not, but still my favourite SNES game
>>
>>3000005
I cannot think of a single flaw. It's pretty fucking ace.
>>
>>3000082

video games are.... for.... children!?
>>
>>3000125
yeah but you're a grown man...
>>
>>3000131

I only collect, never play
>>
File: Yoshi's Island.jpg (130 KB, 768x672) Image search: [Google]
Yoshi's Island.jpg
130 KB, 768x672
>>3000005
No, but it's close. Yoshi feels sloppy during the tougher platforming sections, and there's a few stages with annoying design. Other than that, yeah it's damn close to perfection.
>>
>Those annoying ass parts where you turn into a mole that moves 0.001 MPH
>"Perfect"
>>
>>3000618

>.0001% of the game being bad ruins the whole thing

It's shit m8
>>
>>3000000
what was the get anyway
>>
>>3000005
its good but SMW is better
>>
>>3000628
http://desustorage.org/vr/thread/2997624/#3000000
>>
Is the DS version an exact copy of this one? I didn't really enjoy that one.
>>
>>3000703
Yoshi's island DS is a completely different game
>>
>>3000623

99.9999% goodness is not perfection

OP is a troll and you, bafflingly, are feeding it without even disagreeing with it
>>
>>3000005

I didn't like it because I don't like collection-focused play unless it's consistently interesting and challenging like in DKC 2

I found it too easy when I didn't bother collecting crap, and too tedious when I did

it's obviously a very good game in many respects though, and I don't claim that people who love it are generally wrong or anything like that
>>
File: 1455456384039.png (18 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1455456384039.png
18 KB, 633x758
AN A PRESS IS AN A PRESS, YOU CAN'T SAY IT'S ONLY A HALF
>>
>>3000005
No. I don't like it.
If it were perfect everyone would like it.
>a perfect game does not and can not exist
>>
>>3000005
>>
>>3000000
>>
Nope. I've always hated the game.
>>
I used to think so, then I played through it again.

You can abuse the hover to skip a lot of certain levels. The later levels also have some blind jumps due to how open they are. Landing on spikes or getting repeatedly hit by enemies is completely infuriating thanks to being stunned, and thanks to babby Mario.

>git gud! Mario is supposed to be annoying!
The fact that he is supposed to be annoying doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly annoying.
>>
>>3003567
>if it were perfect, everyone would like it
>implying /v/ wouldnt hate it for that very reason
>>
No, outside of the bonus levels, the game is pathetically easy, I beat it with nearly no effort when I was 9 so I could sure as hell beat it now
>>
>>3000005
A masterpiece. But perfect? Lol, no. I'm yet to see a perfect game, in fact.
>>
have to agree that it is a work of art and should be owned/played by every snes owner, but surely not perfect. there are some levels that aren't really good designed, the power ups feel forced and disturb the flow of the game at some points, there should have been a two player mode or at least better minigames for 2players, etc...

still, a top notch game, has a good athmosphere and one of the coolest bowser fights
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.