[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real time strategy games general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: Starcraft Portada.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Starcraft Portada.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
Since most of the good rts games are now retro I thought I'd start the thread here.

Some examples starcraft, warcraft ii, dune 2000, age of empires and more.
>>
>>2997462
Herzog Zwei
>>
>>2997481
Nice choice, it started the whole genre.
>>
>>2997484
>>2997481
Have you played the original Herzog?
>>
>>2997484
No, that would be Cytron Masters.
>>
Ive never heard of any of these.
>>
Does anyone have a download for RA2 + Yuri's Revenge?

Its strangely missing from all the normal torrent sites.
>>
How do I get Starcraft to run on windows 7?
>>
Total Annihilation a best
>>
>>2998931
Tried Mcaa launcher or Iccup launcher?
>>
>>2999973
I have the weird colour palette bug.
I tried the usual solutions like killing explorer.exe and compatibility mode but without success.
>>
>>3000007
mcaalauncher has a colorfix option and a windowed mode.
>>
>>3000041
Thanks, I'll try that.
>>
Anyone played this?
>>
Tzar Burden of the Crown is THE GOAT.
Fuck you if you think otherwise.
>>
>>3000184
Yes. Yes.
A lot of cool ideas but it didn't work that well in praxis.
The best option was to buy out enemy land so you could get back to the space map in peace.
>>
>>3000194
Post screenshot pls
>>2997563
What that?
>>
Alright guys, I've got an RTS question. I played 2 PC RTS Demos a lot back in the Win95 era. I can't find a name for either. One used a lot of war ships (flying but low to the ground) and you could equip each with guns and shields during productions but not change them after you made them. The other was similar but with aliens instead of ships. Optiosn like claws, heat rays, plasma throwers, etc. Any ideas?
>>
What are some great but also light RTS games?

Most games I look on torrent websites weigh from 1 to 15 GB.
>>
>>2998908
>Does anyone have a download for RA2 + Yuri's Revenge?
no, because people would probably never see me again if i knew where to get it
>>
>>3001280

Red Alert.

Grab it with or without the FMV videos.

On a new renderer to support modern resolutions and OSs.

http://iran.cnc-comm.com/ra/

Don't get open RA though, it's not even the same game.
>>
I used to play Empire Earth a lot. I've been watching videos of it recently and it looks like shit. Does the gameplay hold up at least?
>>
>>3000007
Find ddraw color fixer, works like a charm.
>>
File: Cncts-win-cover.jpg (50 KB, 256x294) Image search: [Google]
Cncts-win-cover.jpg
50 KB, 256x294
Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun
>>
>>3000007
You just need to have both the game's own folder and the display settings window open. In addition to compatibility mode and have all of those options in the compatibility tab checked off.
>>
>>2998931
For me Starcraft runs just fine if you install all of the updates and then suspend or kill explorer.exe.
>>
File: 34e3c6757f.jpg (98 KB, 745x420) Image search: [Google]
34e3c6757f.jpg
98 KB, 745x420
>>2997462
I really miss old Blizzard, its a shame they went nuts only focusing in WoW (I Hate mmos) and now fucking card games and shitty mobas , Diablo 3 was meh, and now a FPS moba alike, they declined after adopting all the cartonish like art style
>>
>>3001264
If this thread lives till the weekend, I'll play the FUCK out of some tzar for you and post plenty of pics. I played that game so goddamn much when I was younger, probably has been 8 years since I've played it.
>>
>>2998908
You could try to find the whole "The First Decade". Patch it afterwards with the community patch.
>>
>>3001626
They are different people so you can't expect something as good as old blizzard games.
Diablo I&II were made by Blizzard North, known before as Condor, a developer that doesn't exist for years and has nothing to do with Diablo III.
>>
>>3001264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjs2qfpOGmU
>>
>>2998931
Didn't Blizzard patch compatibility some time ago?
>>
>>3003281
I think so. Windows 7 worked when I tried it. But windows 8 and windows server 2012 didn't seem to work.
>>
>>3005149
>having anything beyond Win7 installed on your system

I will probably never have a PC with any of the newer MS botnets installed on it.
>>
>>2997462
Warcraft 2 is better!
>>
>>3001270
Dark Reign?
>>
>>3001847
This picture does things to muh dick
>>
>>3006242
Than Starcraft? You mad!?
>>
>>3005149
Free upgrade to 10. It works on that, I'm playing it right now.
>>
File: ground-control_5.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ground-control_5.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
Ground Control. Came right after the "retro" cut off point and is more tactics than strategy but I don't give a shit because it's criminally underplayed.

It has a very nice completely free moving camera, still looks gorgeous, has a nice storyline in singleplayer and was an absolute blast in multiplayer when people still played.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Ov6WttmYg
>>
>>3001626
I miss Silicon & Synapse/Blizzard from the Warcraft I era.
>>
>>3006242
I agree!
>>
>>3007901
Botnet 10? 왜?
>>
Any on play warcraft 2 bnet edition?
>>
>>3001653
Post screenshots
>>
File: I Miss Z.jpg (94 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
I Miss Z.jpg
94 KB, 1024x768
>>2997462
Fucking Z.

Am now going to download.
>>
>>3001626
They just go where the money is mate, you can't hold that against them. God I miss WoW in its BC days.
>>
>>3014773
I played this once but every thing was in Chinese.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.