[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GPX XD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: gpd-xd-front-side.jpg (143 KB, 800x551) Image search: [Google]
gpd-xd-front-side.jpg
143 KB, 800x551
Im gonna get one of these, and I want to know if its a good machine?
>>
>Im gonna get one of these, and I want to know if its a good machine?

Sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Do you want people to validate your decision or convince you that you're an idiot for buying one?

I really don't get these threads, is it just me?
>>
>>2997329
you dont get these threads because your self-centered.
What is wrong with asking if a dubious piece of chinese crap is worth it?
>>
>>2997325
i had a gp32 back when. modern phones with a controller can do better and have more functinality. every china device I've seen/used always has some sort of serious drawback
>>
I don't know about GPX XD, but I owned a GP2x and loved it. The build quality was quite good, not PSP level but not typical China crap either, though I wish it had a D-Pad instead of joystick.

I've got a JXD S5800 now and the build quality is about the same.

Don't expect these devices to last. My GP2x is pretty much dead, and the JXD D-Pad started creaking a few months in. Meanwhile all my PSP, GBA, DSs, and even original GB and GB Pocket are still going strong good as new.
>>
>>2997325
Get a PSP
>>
YeaI was wondering about the GPDXD also. I bought a N3DS since most emulation options on it aren't terrible, but I have to wonder since the GPDXD is a more powerful device. It makes me think I made the wrong choice.
>>
>>2998243
How does the DS go doing SNES and PSX? I tried back when DSi was only new, and it was shit.
>>
>>2997325
It's not a good machine. Now you know.
>>
>>2998460
The New 3DS does SNES just fine, near as I can tell. It's probably not powerful enough to do PSX and I'm pretty sure the emulator doesn't even exist for it. GBA works fine though. You do need custom firmware on a N3DS though, userland won't do it for you so you will need to shell out the money for one on 9.2 or below.
>>
>>2998805
SNES is great on N3DS. PSX is almost good... But I'm not sure if it will get better as retroarch porting is pretty much done. Some games like Resident Evil 3 are playable, but the sound is kinda fucked.
I may be wrong about the PSX core's development though.

For emulation, OP's device is better. It can do up to Dreamcast. I really like my hacked N3DS though. With a DS flash art and emulators, I have all the games ill ever want to play.
>>
>>2997325
>>2998243
>>2998539

Mine stopped working the same day I got it.. the build quality seems terrible, I really hope that mine was a dud and that I'll get a new one from the reseller that'll last a while.
>>
>>2997329
>I really don't get these threads, is it just me?

The PSP is the go-to portable emulation device right now, but it's far from ideal. SNES and GBA emulation is still pretty shitty on it and it can't do anything beyond PSX. People are always looking for a better alternative.
>>
I miss dingoo clones, and other cheap emulator consoles cheap enough to just throw in your bag for a trip somewhere.

About 6 years ago, you could get cheap chinese devices that played basically any 2D retro system, in a small form factor with actual buttons.

Trying to find one like that now is bloody awful. It's either android touchscreen analogue nub DS clones or tablets with buttons.
>>
File: ragered.png (16 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
ragered.png
16 KB, 291x300
>>2997329
Hey, what makes you think OP is not intending to get it right away if it's good, and after a while if it's shit?

Nevertheless, the name makes it sound like it would be from gamepark, which it ain't.
>>
>>2997330
No the self-centered one is OP expecting us to do his research for her. Go away kid google was invented for a reason and if I see you posting tomorrow I'll kick the snot out of you.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.