[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Warrior Monsters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Just discovered this game yesterday, and I'm having a hard time putting it down. Anyone else out there love this game?
>>
>>2997234
enjoyed the shit out of it in my childhood.
>>
>>2997234
Yeah, it's pretty good. That box art on the other hand, is hideous.
>>
You might want to play dragon quest 3 too after that.
>>
>>2997234
Theres a sequal on the gameboy too thats even better.
>>
I love the 3D remake
>>
>>2997234
I have an austistic son who absolutely loves the monsters series.
>>
>>2997234

My favorite game as a kid! Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 is better in every way!

They are both AMAZING.
>>
I love all those monster collector and raising sims from the 90s. Like this, Monster Rancher and that one game, I forgot the name.
>>
>>2997772
I seriously need to play 2, I played the shit out of 1 when I was a kid and only knew one other kid that had this at the time. I rarely see it mentioned here, and it's sad. It's underrated as shit and needs way more love. I love the Dragon Warrior series, and this is as good as any of them.
>>
Fantastic game.

Getting the strongest monster in that game is unreasonably difficult. But goddamn did it feel good when I finally managed it.
>>
>>3000738
>and that one game, I forgot the name.

>pretending to forget about Digimon to downplay its popularity
>>
>>2997758
wish it would be translated : (
>>
I loved the hell out of it as a kid.

There is a MAJOR downside to the game. The internet didn't really have online guides at the time of the game, so if you didn't buy the Game Guide breeding for high tier monsters was all but impossible.
>>
>>2997758
You don't mean Joker do you? Because Joker was godawful.
>>
>>3004203
He meant Terry's Wonderland for the 3DS.

Though I've been playing it recently too and I think some of the modern conveniences take away something from the gameplay - for example, item resource management is just about entirely gone because you have unlimited inventory space, enemies are visible on the screen and once you reach the final floor of a dungeon you can teleport to it directly meaning you can always tackle any boss at full power
>>
Favorite childhood game is DWM2, hands down. Unbelievable amount of content for a GBC game. I've read people putting hundreds of hours in the post-game.

I played through it last year, and I'm playing the All Monsters hack now that allows breeding of the unreleased promo monsters.
>>
File: IMG_20160217_221735.jpg (728 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160217_221735.jpg
728 KB, 2560x1920
my nigga!!!
(my name is not david btw)
>>
>>3004276
So easy mode? I hate the top tier bosses towards the end of the game, jesus christ.
>>
>>3004639
It kind of depends but I say it basically shifts all the "difficulty" to the bosses and tournament fights instead of dungeon survival
>>
>>2997234
The Dongus Belongus
>>
File: bad pickup line.png (4 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
bad pickup line.png
4 KB, 160x144
I'm playing this and am right before I breed my first pair of monsters, but I feel kinda overwhelmed. How much do I have to plan ahead? Can I just breed anything with anything and expect the result to be better than the parents combined? Can I decide on breeding something simply based on if I already had the result before or not? Can I pretend this is demon fusion from SMT with level 1 results?
My ideal party would be something simple like Attack, Attack/Support, Healing/Support.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.