[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
System Shock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: ss2 concept.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss2 concept.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
1. I just beat System Shock 2
2. I need a thread about it
3. what the FUCK was that ending
>>
>>2996892
>I need a thread about it

nah
>>
I've got System Shock 2 on Steam and haven't gotten to it yet other than maybe an hour. Any advice?
>>
>>2996998

Standard weapons
Maintenance
Hacking

Those are the only skills you need to invest in.
>>
>>2996998
OP here, I recommend going OSA if you want a fun time, I never touched the assault rifle because I thought it'd make the game too easy, but yeah, I never put a single point into repair or modify
research is also fairly useless except for the crucial one point you need to research almost everything

learn to use quicksaves (if you're not above that) and the map immediately, and don't forget to rebind your keys carefully

and one more thing: running diagonally makes you much faster
>>
>>2996892
Hey you can read here about why the ending is like that

http://irrationalgames.com/insider/what-might-have-been/
>>
>>2997007
Did a playthrough with these, having to hack stuff every 10 seconds was surprisingly unsatisfying so I'll probably do a PSI-focused playthrough next time around.
>>
>>2997137
it wasn't just the cutscene, I thought the "SHODAN is turning the universe into cyberspace" twist and Citadel fanservice was extremely weird and ill fitting because the first game had so many crazy but somewhat believable ideas for attacking humanity, like the mining laser and sending a virus to earth

there's so much more SHODAN could have done with a FTL device than magically altering the entire universe
>>
File: 1441664672709.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1441664672709.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>2998026

> "SHODAN is turning the universe into cyberspace"

I think the FTL mechanism was suppose to bend reality before shooting off into hyperspace, SHODAN just tinkered with it enough to fill her own specifications. Or at least that's how it worked out in my head.
>>
>>2999192
I know the FTL device had reality warping capabilities, but "transform trillions and trillions of lightyears into cyberspace" is far fetched no matter how powerful of a device you're working with
>>
File: 1451516284842.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451516284842.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>2999542

SHODAN taking over the FTL drive was just a start of the her grand machination. Making planetfall with a heavily populated city was the true goal ever since the first game, but once that happened, shit would get real. Couple that with the reality warping capabilities she just gained.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102 KB, 1920x1080
>>2996998
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=4447.0

It takes 20 minutes and is worth it. If you really don't want mods, then at least use SS2tools.

nah
>>
>>2997064
>except for the crucial one point you need to research almost everything

>>2996998

Adding to that, you only need more research for exotic weapons and some implants that aren't really that good and really you'd have to know about them beforehand so that you can collect enough ammunition for them to matter.

You'll find at least 6 epstein decices that let you modify weapons without skill, so you can modify 3 of them without putting a single point in the modify skill.

Implants are amazing and you can take OS upgrade that lets you use two at the same time (of different kind though). Your maintenance determines how much you can charge them.

When you're on the 4th deck, hack one of the machines and buy recycler, because a little later there's a place where you need to have something like 100 nanites and if you get there with ~0, you're going to rage quit in case you need to collect them from enemies.
>>
>>2999697
This, she'd fall into earth and basically become a true "god" recreating the world for herself, and have plenty of "subjects" to utilize
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.