[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>remember I had an account on UO:F >start playing >remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Ultima_Online_cover.jpg (55 KB, 256x342) Image search: [Google]
Ultima_Online_cover.jpg
55 KB, 256x342
>remember I had an account on UO:F
>start playing
>remember the only profession for gold is taming
>check guides
>it takes 50 hours to GM and it takes twice as long in reality to get a single gain as it the guide says
>realize it's not the 90s anymore and I don't have to put up with this
>play a better game

I WISH I could get back into UO. I got pretty far a few years back and I still have the account. But holy shit, no fucking thank you to that approach to end game where tamers are much better money makers but taming requires you to play the game like its a job for 8 hours a day.
>>
IDOCING has always been the superior money maker. By 1000x. and requires 0 skill training.

If you weren't a pleb you'd know this.
>>
>>2995603
>requires 0 skill training
maybe if you have young status and you can avoid getting stomped by the 3 other guilds camping it.
>>
>>2995601
Didn't tskr me that long to hit gm taking on uof. Though its boring as fuck to train and play as anyway. A bard archer can be trained in like 10h and can cash in just as much gold and are a lot more fun.
>>
>what is a bard

taming is overrated for PvM
>>
On the philosophical statement in OP

Yep MMORPGs never had a chance. Its a romantic concept. If only time in the real world would stop while you played mmos

》LeonardcaprioWemustgodeeper.gif

On gold making. IDOC is an organized effort. Ans be potential is huge

Non tame provo is good. But nothing compares to meat shield that can take a double insta atk by a pair of ancient wyrms.. but ill grant that the final gold per hour on the total averaged time does get that much superior
>>
if i dig around im pretty sure i have all of the original official clients full install setups saved somewhere..... will upload when i find them
>>
>>3000070
No real need. You can find them online
>>
File: latest.jpg (58 KB, 310x430) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
58 KB, 310x430
>>3000127
>>3000070
well on the official site you can only find the latest, and on freeshard sites you tipically find the palest client that run on Sphere, Pol, and the latest that worked with razor/uosteam

i dont see who would need the original setups for each expansion if you're not looking to start a shard, and if you are, I KILL YOU

the freeshard community is already spread out throughout UOAC UOF UOLL UOREN UOSA UOhybrid
>>
>>3000154

>>3000127

ok

uploading now.
>>
>>2999730
>>2997636
>>2995758
>>2995601

youre forgeting FISHING
i hear its a more streamlined source of income, just takes a bit more organizing, like setting sail with several dozen coordinates marked on the mapping external program so that time wasted sailing is minimal.

but then, it seems some ppl even use a tamer aboard for when the fisherman pulls monsters the dragon can hold it off until you alt tab from whatever youre doing
>>
An Corp
>>
>>3003276
No thanks Turkish, I'm alive enough.
>>
>>3000167
where!
>>
>>3000167
my suggestion is you upload to multiupload or mirrorupload or smililars

and publish the links on RunUo forums as well

>>3006234
what do you need this for, if you dont mind me asking?
>>
>>3006234
>>3006234 â–¶ >>3006887
> >>3000167
> where!
>>
Back in my day(pre to right after tsa) I made millions buying logs (or maybe boards) from one vendor and selling to other vendors in different towns.
>>
>>3010878
hehe, i guess thats why there is NPC item limit of 9999

even on uof they made a mistake when impleting some capturable city stone, where the ruling guild could set a percentage of profit from NPC sales, some basic commodities had that behaviour for a few weeks, but most you could do was 1gp per unit, so 10k after gating back and forth several batches, not worth it, might as well spend 15minutes killing adult dragons
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.