[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you played the virtual boy what was your experience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: virtual boy.jpg (7 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
virtual boy.jpg
7 KB, 199x253
if you played the virtual boy what was your experience?
>>
>>2995281
back pain and eye strain
>>
mine was dizziness
>>
File: laser.png (457 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
laser.png
457 KB, 660x440
>>2995281
it was fun
>>
File: TeleroBoxer-07.gif (9 KB, 384x225) Image search: [Google]
TeleroBoxer-07.gif
9 KB, 384x225
Fun.

I must be some sort of newtype because I didn't suffer any kind of eye strain or dizziness, although it cane give you some neck pain depending on the position.
>>
I played it at a display in a store and thought it was pretty cool. It died off before I got a chance to try to ask my parents to buy me one. In retrospect that was a good thing.
>>
I own one. No pains or strains even after prolonged play.

The thing that gives you headaches is pulling your face away and going from very dark to light. The key is to play it in a dark room or a room with dim lighting so your eyes can adjust after you stop playing.

I really need to get a FlashBoy Plus so I can actually beat VB Wario Land without buckling down for an extended sitting. My real cart's battery is long dead.
>>
>>2995281

Fun games, disappointing that it was only in red. If they waited 3 years the prices of blue and green LEDs would have dropped to where it could have been color for the same price or not much more.
>>
I've played a few games in a Rift-based emulator. Was a bit meh.
>>
>>2995414
>The thing that gives you headaches is pulling your face away and going from very dark to light.
Most people probably get headaches because it's difficult to find a place and position where you don't strain your neck.
The whole eye thing is probably exaggerated like a popular myth.
>>
The controller was terrible.
>>
I've had one since I got it brand new for like $20. My favorite games were Wario Land which was fine to play for up to a couple hours at a stretch and Red Alarm which could quickly give me eye strain and nausea if I wasn't in JUST the right position.
>>
>>2995281
I thought the games I had were fun and generally liked it.

I didn't have any headaches or eye pain, but it did make my neck hurt. I remember getting around the neck pain issue laying on my back and letting it rest on my face.
>>
The games were fun and I never had any problems with my eyes or whatever. It was a pain in the neck to get it in a good position though.

I had wario land and Red alram, along with the Mario tennis pack-in. Wario was amazing, people don't kid when they say it was the system's best game. It should be a crime they haven't attempted a 3d's port yet.

Red alarm was also very fun but the wire frame graphics made it hard to tell where to go sometimes.

Mario tennis all I remember is watching peach's butt.

A couple of years back I found Water World second hand. Not QUITE as bad as I was expecting, but it was a bit full and repetitive. The one music track that played during gameplay was both somehow catchy and irritating.
>>
>>2995298
This. Also, toe cramps. I played it in a store as a demo and I was a short kid. Seriously not fun. The graphics were shit and the gameplay was worse.
>>
I had one growing up, had Wario Land, Red Alarm, Galactic Pinball, Nester's Bowling, and Mario Tennis
Had a lot of fun with Red Alarm and Wario Land, wish i still had the VB but the lens shorted and broke, and i think another one i got used suffered the same fate
>>
>>2995281
Comfy as FUCK. Death to the haters. BEHEAD THEM.

I used to cozy up and lay on my stomach while looking into my VB. Then I'd play Wario Land, Mario Tennis, and Pinball for hours because that's all there was AND I LIKED IT.

RIP in peace Gunpei Yokoi. May the Yakuza burn forever in hell fire.
>>
>>2997460
Yeah. "IP" already means "in peace", you Nintendo academic boy & Latin connoisseur, sir.
>>
>>2995281

first played Virtual Boy (w/Mario Tennis) when it was brand new at the Blockbuster Video by my house, was really blown away by the technology. bought one in the late 90's at Funcoland for like 10 bucks. really cool "toy" but it was awkward as fuck to play and the all red just killed it.

always been interested in VR in general and I thought Sega VR was going to be the greatest thing ever and was majorly disappointed when it never came out. got Samsung Gear VR for Christmas and I think it's really incredible, people are blown away when they try it for the first time. I think VR is definitely the future and I could see Sony's upcoming pair completely taking off and making VR the next big thing.
>>
>>2996967
I would actually rank it in my top 3 controllers. The buttons are small, but I love the handles and the double D-pads.
>>
I'm still amazed Nintendo hasn't released the VB library on 3DS virtual console.
At the very least Wario Land.
>>
>>2997857
wooooooosh
>>
>>2997857
"RIP in peace" is a dumb shitty meme from like 5 years ago.
>>
>>2999670
Oh, ok. Every time I make a mistake from now on I'm gonna say it's a meme, then.
>>
>>2999670
It was 9 years ago, actually.

OH WAIT FIVE YEARS AGO IS ALSO A MEME!
>>
>>2997857
literally figuratively literally retarded

IP means Internet Port, the thing that allows you to brose /vr/

captcha: asylum
>>
>>3002008
ITT it means Ignorant Prick
>>
I played it once whenever I was like 5. Remember playing it at a KB Toys that had it on display.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.