[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: Non-PC stuff in retro games Hard mode: No SJWs or /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 47
File: face-punch.jpg (200 KB, 1005x627) Image search: [Google]
face-punch.jpg
200 KB, 1005x627
>ITT: Non-PC stuff in retro games

Hard mode: No SJWs or /pol/ shitposting please.
>>
>>2958074
Non pc stuff? Care to specify?
>>
What? Politically correct?
>>
>>2958075
As in not politically correct.
>>
>>2958081
Bingo.
>>
>>2958084
Fuck yeah, context clues.
>>
File: SSF2T_Guile.gif (10 KB, 304x356) Image search: [Google]
SSF2T_Guile.gif
10 KB, 304x356
>>2958082
Slippery slope for a thread, my friend. This isn't going to turn out nicely.

But to contribute does Guile count? Or Lieutenant Surge? The latter especially pretty much an American stereotype in pokemon
>>
File: zelda-swastika.png (245 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
zelda-swastika.png
245 KB, 620x400
Classic:

And while it may be a Manji, the spiral is just an ancient symbol used in many civilizations across the world, including Japan and ancient Germania... but that still an insensitive thing to put in a game.
>>
>>2958096
I wonder if people got up in arms over this
>>
File: clockwork.png (738 KB, 843x403) Image search: [Google]
clockwork.png
738 KB, 843x403
>>2958074
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY9h5NJD4s8&feature=youtu.be&t=1m58s
>>
>>2958074
PC is a flawed concept and this thread is garbage. I never saw anything wrong with the photo in OP's post.
>>
File: rufus-in-street-fighter-4.jpg (296 KB, 1416x1999) Image search: [Google]
rufus-in-street-fighter-4.jpg
296 KB, 1416x1999
>>2958095
At least it's a positive stereotype... somewhat.

>not retro

But it's miles better than Rufus.
>>
File: ff7tifa.jpg (250 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
ff7tifa.jpg
250 KB, 2560x1440
>>2958074
>>
>>2958116
>PC is a flawed concept and this thread is garbage. I never saw anything wrong with the photo in OP's post.
Whatever... maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong but let's just make this politics neutral, okay?
>>
>>2958116
Same 2bh. I just see a dude that lost a street fighte
>>
>>2958096
12 years later, they removed vocals from the Fire Temple music in OoT because they were afraid it sounded too similar to Muslim chanting.

What happened? It was still prior to 9/11 and SJWs and all that shit.
>>
>>2958074

I always thought it would have been a cool idea if they had that intro randomized.
So you never know who's gonna knock who out.

would have probably cost valuable rom space though.
>>
>>
>>2958121
A lot of people hate the FF7 translation but I still like it. Things like that line or the occasional swearing made it feel more real to me, because I talked like that myself.
>>
>>2958136
My sides
>>
>>2958137
Oh yeah, definitely. Square is almost certainly going to remove all of the uses of "shit" in the remake, which sucks.
>>
>>2958129
I think OP isn't saying he thinks there is something wrong with it, I believe he is saying other people would see something wrong with it.
>>
>>2958164
Well Capcom rereleased the game with 2 honkies punching and would replace the board on any arcade owner that complained so...
>>
>>2958074
Did this version come out on any of the home consoles?
>>
>>2958137
Well, I mean they are urban terrorists, seems natural that they would talk like that
>>
File: Snow Bros. (U) [!p]_001.png (6 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
Snow Bros. (U) [!p]_001.png
6 KB, 256x240
oy vey
>>
>>2958250
I don't get it…?
>>
>>2958210

Yeah, the Japanese Sega Mega Drive version has the same scene in it.

The US/EU version has a totally different white guy in it, they even went as far as to replace the art.
>>
File: moonmanlogo.png (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
moonmanlogo.png
29 KB, 512x384
>>
File: 1449849251753.jpg (455 KB, 704x655) Image search: [Google]
1449849251753.jpg
455 KB, 704x655
Punch-out, Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem would definitely all qualify.

What wouldn't be non-PC by modern standards anyway?
>>
>>2958381
i think I actually follow triggergrumps, its hilarious. for every episode they make a list of all offensive things said and when they say it, so people can skip it. i dont understand why they still wanna watch the show if half the things the hosts say are so offensive that they cant even stand hearing it?
>>
>>2958074
>>ITT: Non-PC stuff in retro games

>Hard mode: No SJWs or /pol/ shitposting please.
Why the fuck not?

What do you even mean about "/pol/ shitposting"? "No SJW" what does that even mean? If you rule out topics related to those things, what other non-PC material do you expect to find leftover?
>>
>>2958074
>Interracial fighting is racist gaiz, segregate the nigg- blacks in sports.
>>
>>2959302
Just filter them if they trigger you.
>>
>>2958121
What about the fact that you're a terrorist blowing up power plants? Let's not even talk about how black stereotype Barret (or Bullet, if you want) is.
>>
File: 1448051123803.gif (133 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448051123803.gif
133 KB, 500x500
>>2959340
>Barret (or Bullet, if you want)
>>
File: dracula.jpg (35 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
dracula.jpg
35 KB, 450x300
>>2958074
AW YEAH, A CONSOLES THREAD.
Perhaps the same could be said of all religions. Way to offend most of the easier people to trigger in the world, Dracula.
>>
>>2958096
Perhaps if we had a Swastika Education Day where everyone has to draw the clockwise and counter-clockwise swirling ones 50 times each they'd learn and understand the difference.

Also The Ninja Warriors seems to belong here since all the stupid mook enemies are black while all the enemies with skills or rank are white or asian or even robots. Even the palette swaps for the mooks still have black skin. I could imagine certain people seeing this and at least raising an eyebrow.
https://youtu.be/KdH06T9qnQ0?t=57
>>
>>2958381
Man, the woman had a dick and Larry wasn't into that?

That's fucking horrible, good thing bigolpenis3bigfeetofpleasure warned us.
>>
>>2958381
Is that even a penis, or is a wine-bottle she's hiding to avoid having to be intimate with Larry?

>>2959271
But then they'd lose their super pals Arin and Jan and all their internet friends by proxy, and have to dwell on the fact nobody can stand them in reality long enough to establish a meaningful relationship.
>>
File: 1453356255892.jpg (60 KB, 518x532) Image search: [Google]
1453356255892.jpg
60 KB, 518x532
>>2958074
>white guy punching a black guy is racist

Really, OP?
>>
File: 1419651613315.jpg (103 KB, 780x785) Image search: [Google]
1419651613315.jpg
103 KB, 780x785
>>2959365
Not related to this thread, but since you posted that one I figured you might want this one.
>>
>>2958095
HEY BRUSH HEAD THIS IS NOT A REQUEST
>>
>>2959357
Someone should make a timeline that shows what cultures and societies used the swastika, with one pixel representing five years.

End result; 2400px high chart with a few tiny pixels at the bottom labeled "Hitler".
>>
>>2958164
Nah op is a poltard that gets off to that shit
>>
>>2958130
More likely they didn't want to lose sales to conservative Christians for "heathen music". They'd already been through the whole "Pokemon teaches evolution as a fact" thing.
>>
>>2959401
How the fuck would a "conservative christian" recognize islamic chant? Just say it's Gregorian and they'll slurp it up.
>>
>>2959404
Arabic and Latin don't sound similar at all. I'd make a joke about Bible belt IQ levels but all it takes is for one of them to realise it and tell everyone.

Besides, would they even like Gregorian chants? They're all Protestant and probably think Catholics are Satanists or some shit.
>>
>>2959406
"Conservative Christian" and "Protestant" tends to be a bit conflicting.
>>
>>2959357
Just like Hitler didn't invent the toothbrush mustache, the Roman salute or killing jews, he just made it so nobody could use it again.

The spiral is just a common symbol in many European, Asian, Amerindian and African, etc. societies. You can even see the manju many times with the "swastika" orientation. If Hitler would've put a circle on the German flag, would all circles be considered offensive?

The spiral is just a visually pleasing symbol that isn't inherently Nazi at all. WW2 ended over 70 years ago... can we start getting over it already?
>>
>>2959365
Yes. It was controversial. Enough to change the scene and issue replacement boards.

>>2958174
Let's try reading the thread, faggot.
>>
>>2958096
>insensitive

OP said NO SJW FAGGOTRY, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT.
>>
>>2958136
This is fucking hilarious.
>>
File: batman-xxx-villains-laugh.gif (2 MB, 320x178) Image search: [Google]
batman-xxx-villains-laugh.gif
2 MB, 320x178
>>2958136
>>
>>2958381
>What wouldn't be non-PC by modern standards anyway?

Literally NOTHING.
>>
File: goodgoyim1.png (68 KB, 406x195) Image search: [Google]
goodgoyim1.png
68 KB, 406x195
OY VEY HOW DID DA /POL/ACK NEO-NAZI BIGOTS GO BACK IN TIME TO INSERT SUBVERSIVE ANTISEMITIC HAPPY MERCHANT MAYMAYS IN A 1987 JAPANESE COMPUTER GAME?

IT'S LIKE ANOTHA SHOAH ABRAHAM

NOT ALL OF G-D'S CHOSEN ARE GREEDY MERCHANTS WHO WANT TO TAKE YOUR SHEKELS, GOY- I MEAN FRIEND

#NotAllJews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rreMa3SruWk&t=2m25s
>>
>>2958262
He's implying the nose on the devils look to be Jewish in origin.
>>
>>2959789
nice gay intro. thumbed down.
>>
>>2959561
>If Hitler would've put a circle on the German flag, would all circles be considered offensive?

I so want to use a Time machine to convince Hitler to simply have the white circle on the flag. Imagine every time there's a full moon, all the jews getting offended.
>>
>>2958130
>SJWs

It was the conservatives everyone was worried about in the 90s.
>>
>>2959340

How is he a black stereotype? He's just a loud, big, swearing loudmouth with a heart of gold. It's a archetype that could be any race.
>>
>>2958121

Nobody should ever play this at higher than 4x resolution, and even that is pushing it. It looks amazing at a smaller resolution but strange at this resolution.

If you do prefer it that way, that's fine though. I'm just saying that I personally think it looks better when it's closer to it's original resolution.
>>
>PC
>SJWs

I don't think OP was even alive in the '80s and '90s. Conservative groups were always the ones railing against things like the portrayal of women in video games, violence in the media, homosexuality and other "ungodly" lifestyles. How soon we forget about Jack Thompson.

Social justice isn't anything new for that matter, but it hasn't been a majority viewpoint since the '60s when everybody was doped up and spent all their time banging on drums while preaching about free love. Which didn't work out so well since everybody quickly realized that an active workforce was necessary to keep the nation running after all.

We've always had Marxist fringe groups and the like that parade around college campuses, but they're a very small percentage of the population, and usually grow out of their mindset shortly before (or after) finishing college. To say they're a threat to freedom of expression is absurd. You need to be more concerned about the conservative groups who still outnumber college kiddies 100 to 1, are centrally organized and have real legislative power in the U.S.

To put it another way: If I turn on my TV, the only opinions I'm likely to see broadcast are "The 700 Club" or some conservative talk show that's obsessed with the liberal / gay / feminist / immigration boogeyman, as opposed to some 300-lb. transracial womyn with green hair complaining about how she was "raped" on the subway when a man gave her an unsolicited stare. Despite what 4chan would have you believe, "tumblrinas" are largely just exaggerated boogeymen and cherry-picked caricatures.
>>
>>2959340
>(or Bullet, if you want)
That's not how kana works, they have a perfectly unique character for bu. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>2960265
>but they're a very small percentage of the population, and usually grow out of their mindset shortly before (or after) finishing college.
That's kind of the thing though, with online social networks these people are staying in their safe bubbles and aren't growing out of the mindset.
>>
>>2960265

This.

I'd also like to say that I've never come across the stereotypical "tumblrina" or whatever in real life, but I've come across what feels like 100 people who complain about them.

The "boogeyman" comparison is apt, because that's what it feels like. All of these people complaining about something that I've never come across. Even if there are few of these type of people on the internet, in real life they would be so disbursed that it would be irrelevant, so who fucking cares?

Jack Thompson was a bigger deal back in the day because he was far more influential and his cries to ban violent video games actually did convince a lot of people. But according to 4chan we have to beware "libcucks XD"
>>
>>2960265

This is a good post. Well thought out, and you are clearly very mature and knowledgeable. I'm assuming you're in your mid 20s to mid 30s.
>>
File: cens vrs uncens.png (63 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
cens vrs uncens.png
63 KB, 512x448
>>2958074
comparison to the JP version and NA version of the mega Drive.
>>
>>2960145
I know what you mean. It looks more like Little Big Adventure or something.
>>
>>2960265

I don't think your argument is entirely fair here. You're saying that these left wing censors don't exist just because the stereotypical tumblerina is so rare and ultimately irrelevant to mainstream thought. But that doesn't mean that there aren't more 'moderate' left wing censors out there.There are plenty of them, they're just not these overblown caricatures you mentioned. They're normal people who happen to be drinking the PC kool aid. They might not be transethnic otherkins with obnoxiously died hair, but they still hold onto the basic mindset that if something is deemed 'offensive' it must be removed immediately, even at the cost of free speech. Now, I don't know, maybe the conservatives are still more of a threat to that freedom, more likely to censor. Maybe it just depends on where you live. Take a look at the UK, where someone was arrested for making a racist remark on twitter a little while ago, and that's just one example. Take a look at places like Germany and like Sweden. They're all too happy to censor and opress in the name of left wing 'political correctness'.

And don't get me wrong. I hate both sides. I hate the idea of censorship and surpression of speech no matter where it's coming from, but you, you're getting dangerously close to being apologetic of these people. Trying to pretend they're just harmless eccentrics instead of seeing the situation as it actually is: an ever growing ideology that seeks to supress any and all ideas that oppose it, while at the same time, pretending they're not censoring anything at all. I don't think ignoring them or pretending that they don't exist is going to help this situation. Especially when, as you said, the right wing are still so active in censorship themselves. Now we're living in a world where people on both sides want 'offensive' things banned.
>>
>>2958174
Is this for real?
I have never seen this in the wild my entire life.
>>
>>2960265
>To put it another way: If I turn on my TV, the only opinions I'm likely to see broadcast are "The 700 Club" or some conservative talk show that's obsessed with the liberal / gay / feminist / immigration boogeyman, as opposed to some 300-lb. transracial womyn with green hair complaining about how she was "raped" on the subway when a man gave her an unsolicited stare. Despite what 4chan would have you believe, "tumblrinas" are largely just exaggerated boogeymen and cherry-picked caricatures.

That seems to be the case, I also didnt met people like that yet, nor one of those new-wave feminists. Maybe 2 tamer versions(interested in social and women rights) in college, but not like those lunatics on the internet.

On the other hand, why does this feminist movement has such an impact on popculture, that things in game are being changed to be less sexist. People have become very aware about not being transphobic and minorities stuff too.
why would that NASA guy had to apoligize if this hardcore feminist movement on the internet is something, next to no people really care about and everybody just thinks they are retarded, let them be.

I didnt mind a female and a black guy being the lead roles in Star Wars, but I mind that it felt forced like "yeah, finally! lets even things out, so progressive. We should have more latinos next."
>>
>>2960283
ブリット、バレット、ブレット、ビュレット、 and even ボレット are used for "bullet" in katakana, just so you know. Blame Japan.
>>
>>2960446
>On the other hand, why does this feminist movement has such an impact on popculture, that things in game are being changed to be less sexist. People have become very aware about not being transphobic and minorities stuff too.

Mainly because companies worry more about things on the internet than they used to. They pay too much attention to social media, and not reality.
>>
File: show_news_icon.php.jpg (130 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
show_news_icon.php.jpg
130 KB, 600x400
>>2960449
This guy is right. BARRET CRAB IS REAAAAL
>>
>>2960446
Boo hoo they made some dude have to apologize. Cry me a river.
>>
>>2960493
It was fucking ridiculous and demonstrates what bullshit it is when feminists insist that women have no voice or whatever.
>>
>You're saying that these left wing censors don't exist just because the stereotypical tumblerina is so rare

You're taking these groups in a much broader context than you should. We're talking about college kids who are getting involved with fringe groups because they're just now leaving their parents' nest and finding a sense of themselves and their place in this world. Kids go through phases like this, especially if they grew up in restrictive households where their parents might have pushed a specific set of beliefs.

It's funny, because you're starting to sound like one of those moral guardians who go on TV and seem distressed that their goth child may be sacrificing animals and worshiping Satan. Kids are kids. They rebel and "express" themselves in stupid, childish and often self-caricaturizing ways. tumblrinas are no more alarming than emos.

As for any "censors" you may be referring to, these are elective changes made by specific media groups and video game developers who take feedback from their audiences. Their audience largely consists of teenagers and college kids. Do you see where I'm going with this? It's just a marketing strategy. To believe that a video game electively toning down cleavage is somehow a slippery-slope to the abolition of free speech is utterly absurd. These developers would push all sorts of bizarre or ideologically charged content if their PR staff believed that's what their audience wanted to see. I mean, do you actually base your beliefs about the political atmosphere of this society on what you've read about video game "culture"?

So, what's the solution to this problem? Stop playing AAA titles. Be a responsible consumer and don't give your money to developers whose practices you disagree with. Not every developer or is big budget. Some companies don't sell themselves out to the court of public opinion, even if maintaining their artistic integrity comes at the cost of never topping the sales charts.
>>
>>2960513
>tumblrinas are no more alarming than emos.
Would you want one on the jury at your trial?
>>
>>2960446
>I didnt mind a female and a black guy being the lead roles in Star Wars

What the hell are you talking about? There were black and female lead roles in the original trilogy.
>>
>>2960521

You don't know how juries work, do you?
>>
>>2960521
>Would you want one on the jury at your trial?

Last time I checked my privilege, it was "Extremely Oppressed" at a score of -400. Hell, they might even let me get away with murder.
>>
>>2960537
I guess not, but take it more as an invitation to consider the far-reaching effects of these people eventually occupying key public positions, nepotistically ensconcing themselves deeper and deeper. Creating an echo chamber for themselves so they can dream up schemes to, I dunno, enforce a curfew on all males over 16, free money for blacks, etc.

It's already happening to some degree, when the time comes for the increasingly inadequate, neurotic snowflakes colleges seem to be churning out to take the reigns, then it probably doesn't bear thinking about.
>>
>>2960265
Funny how the pendulum swings.

PC is the new McCarthyism in America, the accusation of being a bigot can end your career, marriage, have your kids taken away from you just like it was to be accused of communism during the Cold War.

In certain fields it can be more flexible but in leftist circles like the arts, even a joke can get you blacklisted.
>>
>>2958130
>because they were afraid it sounded too similar to Muslim chanting.
That's literally what it was. Even if you can't understand the rest of what's being said the "allahu akbar" is as clear as day.
>>
File: kkk.jpg (51 KB, 445x250) Image search: [Google]
kkk.jpg
51 KB, 445x250
>>
>>2960138
you mean conservatives like joe liebermann? oh wait...
>>
File: whiteonwhite.jpg (13 KB, 347x322) Image search: [Google]
whiteonwhite.jpg
13 KB, 347x322
>>2960352
>>
>>2958159
They'd better not remove "Let's Mosy" or I'll be pissed
>>
File: Plok.jpg (116 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
Plok.jpg
116 KB, 800x568
In this game, the main character is literally trying to genocide immigrants. It's not even sugar coated, that's presented as his main motivation and the end goal of the game.
>>
File: o7vz0.jpg (89 KB, 499x751) Image search: [Google]
o7vz0.jpg
89 KB, 499x751
>>2959340
I get it. Is that true?
>>
>>2958130
>sjws invented cultural insensitivity
stop.
>>
>>2960436
why are bigoted opinions so important to you

i mean i think the threat of force is a pretty dumb way to try to change people's minds but still. free speech is moreso about saying what you want about the government than the freedom to spout hate speech
>>
>>2958074
>itt politically incorrect stuff
>no politically incorrect posting though
i like how bad pol is at looking neutral
>>
>>2961181
He's bullshitting, it's a reference to the weapons brand Baretta. Meaningful names is a common theme in Final Fantasy.
>>
>>2960513

You basically just took one look at my post, boiled it down to this one point and then ignored everything else I said. You keep asserting that it's just college kids, but by doing that you're making a caricature of your own in order to try and downplay the influence that they can have and make it seem like they're essentially harmless. We both know well it's not just college kids. It's people of varying ages and backgrounds. There are the educated feminist professors and the feminist organisations that get involved in this stuff alongside the college kids and the bottom of the barrel tumblr morons.

>As for any "censors" you may be referring to, these are elective changes made by specific media groups and video game developers who take feedback from their audiences

And there it is. There you are, trying to hide the fact that they are censors. Here's the thing, when a company is making a game or a comic book or whatever, and a bunch of people start losing their shit over some design choice that annoys them because it goes against their stronly held political beliefs, and then the company changes it, that is still censorship. It is an attempt at soft censorship by the angry mob which results in the company self cesoring their product. Seriously, all this takes is to look at the wikipedia article for censorship to understand that there are many kinds of it and it doesn't have to be some large government entity shutting them down with the threat of legal punishment.

>To believe that a video game electively toning down cleavage is somehow a slippery-slope to the abolition of free speech is utterly absurd.

And this one is just a straight up strawman. You obviously ran out of steam by this point in your post and just lost any pretense of trying to be reasonable.

Also I found it funny that you would compare me to a moral guardian given how anti-censorship I obviously am, and how apologetic you're being towards leftist censors.
>>
Fuck, not even /vr/ is safe from this SJW bullshit.
>>
>>2960513

Worrying about these people in video games is narrow minded.

They're having much much worse affects in areas that matter. While you're right in how a business would work, to say these people aren't having significant impact on the world in many ways is to be blind of what's been going on in the world.

>kids are kids

While many of the problems are coming from college kids who are wrecking what a uni is meant to be, these are people who can be well into their 40s or 50s. "kids being kids" has nothing to do with it.

>free speech

You can have this though.

https://www.thefire.org/please-report-to-your-resident-assistant-to-discuss-your-sexual-identityits-mandatory-thought-reform-at-the-university-of-delaware/

Acting like nobody listens to these people or that they're "boogeymen" is ignorant. They really are not very rare. I'm not trying to be insulting but to claim these things is really to be out of the world news.
>>
File: 144335720338.jpg (116 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
144335720338.jpg
116 KB, 640x480
>>2961254
This, I'm honestly tired of seeing it everywhere.
At first I laughed, but now I'm tired.

>inb4
Yes I've been ignoring this thread, but i thought I'd pop in to see where it was going.
>>
File: d6b.jpg (206 KB, 650x447) Image search: [Google]
d6b.jpg
206 KB, 650x447
>>2961245
>>2961291
>>
>>2960449
>ビュレット
lol wut, is there even an english accent where they pronounce bullet like byullet?
>>
Not every single thing in the world needs to be a battleground for a culture war.
>>
>>2960513
If a conservative group shouted
>NO GAYS IN VIDEO GAMES, THAT'S UNCHRISTIAN
You'd call them a group of self righteous pricks. You have the right to be a prick, but that doesn't mean it's okay
>>
File: pc.png (27 KB, 548x493) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
27 KB, 548x493
>>2960265
>Conservative groups were always the ones railing against things like the portrayal of women in video games, violence in the media

Wrong. Politicians like Tipper Gore, Hillary Clinton, Joe Lieberman, and Herb Kohl and were all democrats and campaigned against videogames. It has always been a bipartisan issue.

Even as early as 1982, left-wing groups got games like Custer's Revenge outlawed from Oklahoma, and Capcom to censor Final Fight (OP is another example of this, see: >>2960352). It just wasn't as prevalent as it is now. Of course the right-wing did it a lot then, but it was never exclusive to them.

>Social justice isn't anything new for that matter
It has been a growing thing though, and the main new factor that changes the game is social media.

See: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/01/not-a-very-pc-thing-to-say.html

>To say they're a threat to freedom of expression is absurd.
They absolutely are. Not only do they fired and censored on a regular basis, a lot of them also want to repeal the first amendment.

>To put it another way: If I turn on my TV, the only opinions I'm likely to see broadcast are "The 700 Club"
Then you're not looking hard enough. Most media outlets don't lean that way at all, and most of the internet which is where the flow of information and a lot of activism take place nowadays is very left-wing.

>"tumblrinas" are largely just exaggerated boogeymen and cherry-picked caricatures.
You sound really unbiased.

I thought OP said "no SJWs". Fuck off back to Rebbit.
>>
>>2959357
>GO NINJA GO NINJA

Fuck you anon, now I got Vanilla Ice stuck in my head.
>>
File: rush-n-attack-usa.png (259 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
rush-n-attack-usa.png
259 KB, 360x500
This, kinda? Also Raid Over Moscow.
>>
>>2964006
I thought that game was pretty mediocre, but strangely addictive. Eventually by the time I beat the game, I found that i loved it.
>>
>>2959561
Western countries are run by a clique headed by a group that sees the Swastika as representing its nemesis. You can display it all you want in Asia.
>>
>>2958096
No such thing as ancient Germania
>>
>>2960138
Censorship in video games is primarily a progressive issue and would involve federal government involvement. Something a conservation would be strongly against.

Most of the controversy of censoring games/ ratings systems was led by liberals. (Joe Lieberman )
>>
>>2964093
conservative... lol. I'm tired.
>>
>>2964093

Lieberman was a moderate or even conservative democrat, not a liberal. You should've picked someone else.
>>
>>2958074
In the arcade version of SF2 on Ken's stage, there's a guy in a trenchcoat simulating masturbation. The hand movements were changed in the SNES version to be less suggestive.
>>
>>2964225
No true Scotsman, he.
>>
>>2959442
>"Conservative Christian" and "Protestant" tends to be a bit conflicting.
evangelicals b. 1 in 4 amerifats.
>>
>>
>>2958250
weak association at best, you're projecting.
>>
>>2961062
Totally doesn't sound like that, and most definitely isn't 'clear as day'. Nintendo was playing to a vocal minority, much like most of the world with Islam right now. It's easier to pander and appease than die.
>>
>>2958130
remember the Bible in LoZ which was changed to "book of magic" ? This kind of auto-censorship isn't new
>>
>>2964367
Are you cock of the walk when you're walking alone? Evangelicals are and 'gelicals do!
>>
>>2960352
And I thought only MK did cheap palette swaps lol
>>
>>2958381
Looking back, the Shadow Warrior jokes are pretty lame. First few are still fun but they overdid it.
>>
File: yliPkNk.png (72 KB, 590x800) Image search: [Google]
yliPkNk.png
72 KB, 590x800
>>
Asshole offensive people call so much stuff "politically correct" now that the word has lost all meaning. Apparently now if you just disagree with something someone said, you want them to be "politically correct". No I want you to not be a fucking retard actually.

You can't just label anytime anyone calls you out on some bullshit you just did/said as them wanting things to be politically correct.
>>
>>2960521
Don't worry. During the selection process emos never actually end up making the cut.
>>
>>2959347
Would only be offensive if the MC was the one who said it. As it is, Dracula can mock religion because he's the big bad, so everything he says is considered bad/wrong by default.
>>
>>2967501
Go catch AIDS you faggot nigger 14/88
>>
>>2968648
But then there were Xenogears and FF Tactics where religion was the big bad.
>>
>>2967501
Thing though, it might just be your morality is different from someone else's.
Like when Muslims call for political correctness for islamophobia when they themselves are the most bigoted people on earth who refuse to even shake hands with a woman or faggot.
>>
>>2960265
It's funny, I usually see the older crowd watching shit like The View which is just full of conservative bashing. It swings both ways.

Conservative elements have been losing a lot of power with media, so things like Jack Thompson aren't really a threat anymore. Having your college professor doc points on a term paper because you said "firemen" instead of "firepeople" is something that's occuring more and more now though, and this begins to spread to places like movies, TV, and eventually to video games, a thing that many people on this board care deeply about. It makes sense that people would get angry on these agents of change.
>>
>>2968673
Why are they so afraid of change, though? I mean what's so difficult about apologizing for demeaning women by saying firemen instead of firefighter.
>>
>>2968692
Because it's not demeaning at all. It is simply a pattern of speech still used by a vast portion of the population without any negative connotation.

For instance, if I say Mankind, most people will infer that I am talking about all humans in general, as the prefix "man" denotes humans in general. "Man" can also mean the male sex as well, and it is up to context to determine what "man" is referring to. No one uses or really has used the word "mankind" to be dismissive of the female sex, and thus changing it because someone has decided to take offense at it because it's some form of "micro aggression" is completely baseless.

Once upon a time, I would've been much more receptive to change for the upliftment of marginalized peoples, but after seeing these people wage wars over the most minor and insignificant of details instead of moving for change that truly benefits them, I've lost a lot of my sympathy. I can't imagine continuing this tactic will gain much traction in the coming years when even the most staunch ally will find themselves on the wrong side of their crusade one day.
>>
>>2968692
Don't pose a question in such a dishonest and disingenuous way, where you know that the target would not agree with the premise of the question. If you have to resort to tactics like that then you're not much of a thinker or of a debater.
>>
>>2968783
Did they make a latin name for that? I'm pretty sure there is one.
>>
>>2961197
Wrongo, it means their won't be any legal action taken or approved by the government when it comes to saying whatever.

Also, if you can't understand why we need to protect EVERYONES speech, even if we disagree, then you are already too far gone.
>>
>>2960446
"I didn't mind"

thank you so much for the privilege
>>
>>2968660

While I agree with you, they are very veiled critics and in very long games, from a time when story in games were way less explored.

Try selling an AAA game today criticizing how religion disturbs the world and see what happens.
>>
File: Die_Hard_-_1991_-_Activision.jpg (91 KB, 969x1080) Image search: [Google]
Die_Hard_-_1991_-_Activision.jpg
91 KB, 969x1080
>>
>>2968810
Thing only an American would say for $1000.
>>
>>2968810
i'm saying that the first amendment in general was built upon being able to say what you want about the government, it wasn't necessarily to protect your oh-so-important /pol/ shitposting. bigots using it is a contrived appeal to authority
>>
>>2969718
>it wasn't necessarily to protect your oh-so-important /pol/ shitposting.
This is just revisionist thinking. You really think the founding fathers didn't think free-expression was important when they also decided to make freedom of religious expression a thing? One man's values are another man's bigotry. Your viewpoint is not the only one, that's very self centered.
>>
>>2967501
>Apparently now if you just disagree with something someone said, you want them to be "politically correct"
No one cares if you just voice your disagreement with them. Trying to force people to behave a certain way with consequences is the problem.
>>
File: trebekd.gif (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
trebekd.gif
34 KB, 500x500
>>2969272
I see you're a fan of our game shows

Admit it, you're just jelly of our freedoms
>>
>>2969735

Actually, religious freedom is directly tied into the government as well. I'm surprised you know so little of your own country. Many of your states were formed by people whose religion was disallowed in England.
>>
>>2969735
can you stop acting like fascist opinion isn't objectively harmful and antiquated?
>>2969741
awuwuwu the government won't condone your bigotry.

like i said, i don't think that the governmental threat of force is the right way to change the minds of fascists but it's not like theyre valid opinions that are on equal grounds with actually progressive ideals. maybe you should learn not to hurt people based on their identity so your government doesn't feel it has to make you
>>2969841
i think he's saying you're acting like the constitution has any inherent ethical value outside of its authoritative status. citing it doesn't make your opinion any more valid
>>
>>2967470
Thanks for posting this! I knew that Trapcom shit was a lie!
>>
>>2958381
That dick is as big as his head? With an ass as tight as his, I'd run away too.
>>
>>2958074
Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>2961824
Thankyou for sharing that article, I enjoyed reading it.
>>
File: Allanon858_punchout.jpg (25 KB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
Allanon858_punchout.jpg
25 KB, 300x237
>no one posted this yet

Disappointed.

Also disappointed/amused by all the butthurt Leddit and Tumblr in this thread.
>>
File: tumblr.jpg (175 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr.jpg
175 KB, 546x700
>>2969864
>>
File: c51.png (62 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
c51.png
62 KB, 400x200
>>2958136
>>
>>2964067
wrong
>>
>>2958096
Ninjara Hoi was literally swastika: the game
>>
>>2970706
>>
File: photo_2016-02-04_19-55-35.jpg (305 KB, 1280x970) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-02-04_19-55-35.jpg
305 KB, 1280x970
>>2970712
I know the real german swastika was actually mirrored but no wonder why this little game never left japan
>>
File: snake-ex-2_2.jpg (7 KB, 200x201) Image search: [Google]
snake-ex-2_2.jpg
7 KB, 200x201
>>
>>2959340
This caught my interest, so I had to google a bit.

>開発中の名前はブロウだったが、アメリカの市場で問題がある名前だったため弾丸 (bullet) からとった「バレット」に落ち着いたというエピソードが本作攻略本「解体新書」で語られている
Apparently Barret was originally supposed to be called "Blow", but since they thought it would cause problems in America they changed his name to the current one, which comes from "bullet".

From Wikipedia, which says it was mentioned in the guidebook.
>>
File: 1451180804184.jpg (308 KB, 1100x971) Image search: [Google]
1451180804184.jpg
308 KB, 1100x971
>>2969863
Our freedom isn't derived from the constitution or government, but the concept of natural rights. The constitution guarantees it and forces the government to respect it by law and enforce it. I think you're misinterpreting what I'm trying to say here. The fact that the founding fathers decided that freedom of religion should be a thing for all religions (which was a direct response to the conditions of the old world like you mentioned) is consistent with the idea that all expressions of speech must also be free. It is not just limited to the fact that the government can't censor us or any criticism of the government, but expands to any speech that is not "fighting words", incitement to violence which is also not hate speech (which according to the SCOTUS is protected free speech) . No person can rob any other person of these rights. There is no distinction between government censorship or censorship imposed by anybody else. You can choose not to listen or not aide their speech, but you cannot stop their right to speech. It's the same thing with religion. You don't have to support a church or whatever or even listen to or support their rhetoric. But they can say and operate however they want as long as they are not breaking other laws. Just like freedom of speech. They are consistent with each other like I had said. The idea that the founding fathers would draft up natural rights that can not be taken by government, but instead can be taken by other people is absolute nonsense in a democratic republic. John Adams used the phrase "tyranny of the majority" in the past for good reason.

The endgame of political correctness is censorship by social pressures. It is literally tyranny of the majority, or should I say tyranny of the vocal minority, mob rule.
>>
>>2958124
>literally makes a thread based around politics
>"let's just keep politics out of this, okay!?"

You're just a fucking idiot.
>>
>>2965285

Nintendo used some ambient soundtrack from one of those compilations and when later after the first bunch of carts was already in production they looked closer at what they are chanting found it inappropriate to their "no religious references" (ANY religious references!) policy and changed it for v1.1 .
>>
>>2967470
i love you man, now i can rest in peace
>>
>>2967470
>婦人団体
>Feminists

What's it like being lied to because you only speak one language?
>>
>>2972930
It means "women's group" or "women's organization". Pretty reasonable to think that all of the people in that group would identify as feminists.
>>
>>2959662
Does Joker have a Star Trek Phaser ?
>>
>>2959359
exactly. I would have thought Larry would have been all over that.
>>
File: dindunuffinfighter2.png (905 KB, 644x359) Image search: [Google]
dindunuffinfighter2.png
905 KB, 644x359
>>2958136
>>2958164
>>
>>2970969
I'd rather just see examples of on-topic things than have to read people praising censorship

Even if they're trolling it's killing my soul
>>
>>2969718
The First Amendment protects government from infringing upon a human right that everyone possesses. However, because freedom of expression is a human right, all other people have a duty to respect that right regardless of whether they're acting on behalf of government or not. This idea that freedom of expression only applies to anti-government speech is a bit of mental gymnastics that allows people (most often progressives) to find a convenient excuse for depriving those who disagree with them of their right to free expression by means of silencing tactics and censorship. It displays a lack of commitment to the principles of human rights and free speech, and is both illiberal and authoritarian by nature.
>>
>>2974271
Also, more on-topic: Ash from Bare Knuckle 3 was too non-PC even for the days when Mortal Kombat was a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W3kFmk4xfc
>>
>>2958130

Respect, maybe? It was a thing back then.
>>
File: 1339521866483.png (11 KB, 170x205) Image search: [Google]
1339521866483.png
11 KB, 170x205
>>2975078
>quit trying to make bigotry into some apolitical "natural law".

Nobody is doing that, they're telling you to fuck off because nobody wants to hear your whiny tumblr bullshit here. It's in the OP:

>No SJWs

Everything else you're spouting is just projection and strawmen, like anyone who cares about free speech just wants to be able to shout "NIGGER" all day and is trying to "impose bigotry as sacred natural law". That's all in your head.

Here let me help you:
>>>/twitter/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/leddit/
>>>/neogaf/

All sites where you'll be more than welcome to cry about le mean RAYCISS for the thousandth time, and maybe someone will actually care.
>>
>>2958096
How the fuck is that insensitive? It's a different symbol.

That's like saying we can't say cape because it sounds too similar to rape you fucking idiot
>>
>>2961130
You mean the war hawk, Anti-Palestinian who was ousted by the Democrats in his state, became an independent and caucused with the Republicans?

I'm Ned Lamont and I approve this message
>>
>>2975078
Actually, the right to yell at "nigger" at black people is important, and the fact that the right to free expression has such broad bounds is the reason you can yell "bigot" and "racist" at people who disagree with you. I'm proud to live in a society that tolerates expression of all views, no matter how "degenerative and unimportant." I'm glad that the Westboro Baptist Church can express its views just as openly as other radicals like Bill Ayers or Michael Moore or Ann Coulter. I may not like what any of those people say, but it's important that they be able to say what's on their minds, and they absolutely have a natural and innate right to express themselves. You should be glad too, because your views are also radical and would be subject to censorship in a less free society.

The fact that you're rejecting the idea of natural rights frankly validates my previous point: you have no commitment to free speech (or any other human right) as a principle and defend it only when it's used in your favor, and use that as justification for censorship. That sort of "flexibility" is what put people under the thumbs of secret police and into concentration camps for political crimes under the far-left governments in the 20th Century. Your brand of activism is falling out of vogue, by the way. You should be grateful that others don't share your views on human rights, because you would be rightfully distraught if you were subject to your own views on the validity of dissenting speech.

By the way, 4chan is a website that both embraces and revels in the asinine and inane speech that comes from absolute free expression. That's why we have places like /b/ and /pol/. If you want to complain about that sort of thing, 4chan isn't place to you. I say this completely seriously: Go to Reddit. You'll fit in better.
>>
>>2975445
Nah man, 4chan is the place for all us shits. He can dislike intolerant speech, you can wax on about natural rights, and I can jack off to whatever I want. We all fit in here, cause this place is a sewer where everyone shits.

The End.
>>
File: 1383347937841.jpg (54 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
1383347937841.jpg
54 KB, 562x437
>>2975590
>We all fit in here
>easily offended butthurt tumblrites who hate free speech or anything politically incorrect fit in on 4chan
>>
File: 1454135796708.jpg (72 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1454135796708.jpg
72 KB, 540x540
>>2960265
You haven't been on a college campus lately, have you?
>>
>>2975707
is this an anthropology course or something? This is not all college courses.
>>
>>2967470
This never made sense to me. If they actually were trying to protect themselves then why isn't Roxy also a newhalf?
>>
>>2975626
Do I need to remind you of the current year again?
>>
>>2959401
More likely they were afraid some muslim fuck would want to explode them because of it.
>>
>>2974009
Fucking saved.
>>
>>2975626
What I should have said is that there's no fitting in here. Just shits and more shits. We're like the writing in a toilet stall. People can call you out for the shit you say, and you can call them out for that. But we're all still shits.
>>
>>2975707
>mfw I was force to take a diversity general ed course.
You know school really feels like a waste of time most of the time.
>>
File: tintin.jpg (55 KB, 615x206) Image search: [Google]
tintin.jpg
55 KB, 615x206
>>2975626
speaking of tintin

he has had videogames before probably
>>
>>2976060
the ps1 one is pretty good
>>
>>2976060
>non pc
>bad juju
>omg so un pc
>racism
>help

And then I turned on the tv and saw a program about how albino kids in Africa are used for witch doctor potions.

NOT HELPING AFRICA!
>>
>>2959561
muh 6 million tho
>>
>>2964067
read sometime, fuckhead
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.