[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we talk about retro games that were heart pounding and intense,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: battletoads-NES.png (379 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
battletoads-NES.png
379 KB, 360x500
ITT: we talk about retro games that were heart pounding and intense, games that kept you on your toes and challenged your skills. Pic related, the very last part of the turbo tunnel requires absolute concentration to beat it and I've manged to get past it only a few times.
>>
I can do turbo tunnel on autopilot. The fireball section of Volkmire's inferno is the absolute concentration you speak of.
>>
>>2943639

I never did find a discernible pattern during that part.

I just hugged the left side of the screen and dodged like a mofo.

You guys STINK if you can't get past turbo tunnel. You would shit your diapers at clinger winger or rat race.
>>
>>2943441

Ghosts 'n Goblins

Even if you know what you're doing there's still a chance the enemies will fuck with you. Always keeps you on your toes.
>>
>>2943657
Clinger Winger is "easy" on a CRT.

But yes, I've beaten Battletoads and Volkmire's Inferno still gives me heart burn just thinking about it.
>>
>>2943657
There's no pattern, the fireballs are randomly generated. What helps to know is that your hitbox is only on the bottom half of the sprite, so a fireball can go straight through Rash's head and you won't die. That's also why dodging them is easier on the lower half of the screen.
>>
File: KidIcarusLevel2-4.png (69 KB, 2048x1344) Image search: [Google]
KidIcarusLevel2-4.png
69 KB, 2048x1344
>>2943441
I know I'm gonna get shit for this, but this here had me sweating on the tiny block jumps.
>>
>>2943692
Why?
>>
File: Castlevania_Stage_15.png (20 KB, 512x176) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_Stage_15.png
20 KB, 512x176
Pic related caused a lot of thrown controllers
>>
>>2944293
I figured most people wouldn't find this hard
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.