[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
underrated games thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5
File: images-2.jpg (35 KB, 459x320) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
35 KB, 459x320
sports games edition
>>
>>2939801

That one is a highly sophisticated golf game in fact. The cutified Mario skin masks that fact. Very good physics engine.
>>
>>2939801
How did it compare to the GBC version? The GBC one is all I had as a kid, and I honestly don't remember if it was any good or not.
>>
>>2939801

"You gonna love it!"
>>
File: 1810162-box_nflblitz.png (184 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1810162-box_nflblitz.png
184 KB, 320x287
>opposing quarterback gets a touchdown
>he dances in the endzone
>you can tackle him, then body slam him, then elbow drop on him, then make your entire team pile on him
>>
File: Virtual Golf.png (11 KB, 384x224) Image search: [Google]
Virtual Golf.png
11 KB, 384x224
I don't think it's underrated, it's a Mario game, but yeah it's a pretty awesome Golf game, my favorite along with Neo Turf Masters on Neo Geo.

Golf on the Virtual Boy might me an underrated one, it's a pretty good game and it's one of the cheapest so it's a must have if you have the system.
>>
File: Hot_Shots_Golf_2_[U]-1.jpg (39 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Hot_Shots_Golf_2_[U]-1.jpg
39 KB, 320x320
Sorry OP, but this is the single best retro golf game in existence.
>>
What happened to goofy non-realistic sports games like pic related, Super Dodge Ball, Nintendo World Cup or Brutal Sports Football?

I think we all can agree on that sports games that try to be realistic and feature roster of players from the current season are instantly outdated and aren't something you want to go back to but goofy sports games are something that you can go back decades later and still have a good time. So what happened to them and why isn't anyone trying to make them nowadays?
>>
>>2940984

It was made by the same devs of Mario Golf, Camelot, right?

I never played the PS1 games but I played the PS3 ones, they have a cute girl on the cover instead of a fat man so I'd say they're better.

Also, they ripped off the music from Wave Race 64 (which isn't necessarily a bad thing because WR64 music is great)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRNTaRzw4Gs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz9eYvuZOYg
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.