[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best NGPC fighter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 90798-Gals_Fighters-2.png (13 KB, 333x317) Image search: [Google]
90798-Gals_Fighters-2.png
13 KB, 333x317
What's the best NGPC fighter?
>>
>playing fighters on your own
>>
>>2937941

>playing video games on your own

SNK vs Capcom MotM
>>
>>2937947
Videogames are designed to be played alone, fighters are designed to be played competitively at high level. Whatever, if you just want to button mash like a scrub might as well play a modern game.
>>
Also
>playing fighters on a handheld
>playing alone against the cpu
>playing old deprecated fighters with a dead competitive scene
>playing inferior 8 bit ports of superior arcade games

So much WRONG with this thread.
>>
>>2937984
>>2937990

you will never ever be as hilarious as australia-kun, fightingshitposter-kun.
>>
>>2937997
Good luck finding another scrub with a spare neo geo pocket and cvs2 cart to play with you. Just face it, you're never gonna play this game the way it was intended.
>>
>>2938002

never ever?
>>
>>2938020
Scrub. Faggot. Cunt. Shit.
>>
Let’s return to the group of scrubs. They don’t know the first thing about all the depth I’ve been talking about. Their argument is basically that ignorantly mashing buttons with little regard to actual strategy is more “fun.” Superficially, their argument does at least look valid, since often their games will be more “wet and wild” than games between the experts, which are usually more controlled and refined. But any close examination will reveal that the experts are having a great deal of this “fun” on a higher level than the scrub can even imagine. Throwing together some circus act of a win isn’t nearly as satisfying as reading your opponent’s mind to such a degree that you can counter his every move, even his every counter.
>>
>>2938024
never....EVER?
>>
>>2938028

What's your fightcade? I want to fight you. Any game you choose.
>>
>>2938031
I don't play online, it's laggy and teaches you bad habits. It's nothing like playing a real match with a human on arcade.
>>
>>2938038

Coward.
>>
>>2938050
Don't wanna pick bad habits.
>>
>>2938054
So where can I fight you on a local tourney?

Do you have any videos online to show your skill level?
>>
Some games that require frame perfect reaction like Third Strike for example play completely different online due to all the delay. If you're playing 3S online you're actually playing a fake imitation that's nothing like the real deal.
>>
>>2937939
all of them are seem to be reskins without any real differences. that said, they're all good.
>>
File: 1452211760344.jpg (63 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1452211760344.jpg
63 KB, 604x453
Those fucking "competitive playa xD" are really bothering me, for god's sake. Couch multiplayer or bust, I don't give a fuck about my e-stat in a youtube channel where I post epic combos and answer to my 10000 "fans". And answering to the thread, KoF R-1, followed by SvsC
>>
>>2938103

It's just the same guy posting the same stuff every time.
He's also a coward who probably doesn't even play games.
>>
>>2938106
You think by just playing a lot you're gonna get any good? You need more than that if you're serious about these games.
>>
>>2938110

Respond to this: >>2938058
>>
You already posted it, OP; this game is fun as fuck with the insane pacing and ad-lib combos plus constantly gaining meter

Honorable mentions to KOF R2 and MOTM, FF First Contact and Last Blade just feel a little rough to me

I'd love it if we could netplay these games but the only 2-player NGPC emulator I tried couldn't even maintain a connection over loopback and the two emulated systems broke the link within seconds

>>2937990
You gotta learn when to go all-in and when to pull back to be effective, pal
>>
Guilty Gear
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (39 KB, 300x417) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
39 KB, 300x417
>>2940659
That's on WSC ya dingus!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.