[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who could never get past 6th place on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: cool-boarders-2-usa.jpg (73 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cool-boarders-2-usa.jpg
73 KB, 600x600
Am I the only one who could never get past 6th place on this game? I mean I was literally as the announcer said "so terrible". Couldn't adapt to the trick system either yet I'm a beast at Tony Hawk games.
>>
Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll BOARDERSSSS !

>hit start

here we go
>>
>>2937259
I get you.

For so many years I sucked at this game.

Then, one day, something just "clicked" and I started playing seriously and using the square button in a better way (if I recall correctly, that's the one used for drifting).

For tricks, I do what I always do in every single game: button mashing.
>>
>>2937259

I beat this one with all the characters as a 9 year old.

When I tried it recently the controls blew my mind. The half pipe is sick if you know what you're doing though.
>>
I tried playing the single player races but yeah, it's fucking hard if you don't know what you're doing. It wasn't very fun when one mistake would put you back 3 places, especially on those levels with cliffs...

Instead I'd play multi with my brother. Much more reasonable. Doing the giant trick ramps was so much fun.
>>
I wish I could get the S&M cheat to work.
>>
this game and 1080 were hard as fuck
>>
>>2937259
No, the competition mode is very easy. #1 trick is to use Jin and the Alpine T-3 board. Who cares about the trick shit when you can go to 8th to 1st on most courses because of sheer speed? This is how I easily beat the competition including reverse and Hard mode. Keep in mind that it is a tournament, so don't worry if you lose sometimes. I love the game credits.

>>2939829
Yes, you must be able to use the slide button, especially if you use the boarder/board combo I recommended.

>>2940557
The main problem is the aggressiveness of other racers who will wreck into you. On the later Idol Minds developed games you could actually punch the other boarders, but this still happened less often. Pic related is the only TRUE test of your skill as a cool boarder.
>>
File: 20160118_001602-1.jpg (359 KB, 1440x1186) Image search: [Google]
20160118_001602-1.jpg
359 KB, 1440x1186
>>2941703
Pic related is the 100th trick you usually encounter in Trick Master mode.
>>
File: 20160119_000916-1.jpg (432 KB, 1440x1288) Image search: [Google]
20160119_000916-1.jpg
432 KB, 1440x1288
>>2941706
After a while I got used to the controls and beat it. You reach max rank at 100 but it doesn't end there.
>>
File: 20160124_203352[1].jpg (69 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
20160124_203352[1].jpg
69 KB, 360x640
>>2940740
Works for me, he should be saying "go for it" after each non-arrow button press if you are doing it fast enough. This is not exclusive to the Japanese version or anything like that.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.