[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: superstarwars.jpg (58 KB, 440x316) Image search: [Google]
superstarwars.jpg
58 KB, 440x316
Gentlemen, /tv/ has the movies to debate. Now let's have our rightful debate. Which of the Super Star Wars trilogy is the best?

My vote goes to Jedi. By then the devs had making these games down to a fine science. The levels - both the regular and Mode 7 ones - had the most polish. There was the return of character select which had been stripped from Empire. And best of all was the character select mode which let you play hilarious scenarios such as Wickett (who had the strongest attack power of any of them) against the Emperor.
>>
A great series in general, anon. I'd agree, Super RotJ is the best. Fantastic boss fights, great gameplay. Other two were also much fun.
>>
>THQ
>JVC

I'm not more interested in the development of these games
>>
Not on the snes, but damn, I still haven't been able to complete this game. I'm getting stuck at 26:25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Y-W50xgPw
>>
Playing as slave leia with the twirl attack. Wew lad
>>
I probably agree with you OP, RoTJ is the most polished one with more interesting levels (both side-scrollers and Mode 7). The first game has poor performance and repetitive levels, the second one is an improvement but not as good as the RoTJ.

Funny because the movie is the worst of the trilogy.
>>
Super RotJ has the fairest level design and most polished gameplay of the three. SSW didn't let you keep your gun upgrades from level to level which really sucked and Super Empire rushes out of the gate with an absurdly high difficulty.

>>2939708
I disagree. Jedi's always been my favorite Star Wars movie. ANH and ESB are still stellar movies though.
>>
>>2939735
It's not a bad a movie, but it has some terrible segments. SW was always cheesy but seeing a group of teddy bears wrecking a whole imperial army with rocks and bows is just too much. Bringing back the Death Star again is kinda weak too.
>>
>>2939742
>>2939745
>seeing a group of teddy bears wrecking a whole imperial army with rocks and bows is just too much.
This is what always invariably gets brought up but I completely disagree. Ewoks are pretty much little Chewbaccas without the benefit of being in the series since the first movie, yet Chewbacca gets a pass. IMO, I don't find the Ewoks distracting at all since they use guerilla warfare and the Imperials don't expect them to fight back in those unconventional ways. I also scoff at the idea of them being too "cute" or "cuddly" for a Star Wars movie since it would make sense that a galaxy with as many diverse life forms like Ithorians, Tusken Raiders, Wookiees, Twi'leks, Rodians, and Tauntauns would have a "cute" and "cuddly" looking race.

As for the second Death Star, maybe it isn't original but the fact that it's much bigger than the previous Death Star and still under construction gives it its own unique character. Maybe the Empire just isn't very creative when it comes to designing their ships and bases.
>>
>>2939756
That's because Chewy is actually a fucking hardass and at least knows how to use a laser gun, can't say the same about the teddy bears, i don't know how you could find that battle convincing at all lol.
>>
>That's because Chewy is actually a fucking hardass and at least knows how to use a laser gun, can't say the same about the teddy bears
Again, he has the advantage of being in two prior movies. The Ewoks don't. Had the Ewoks appeared in ANH and continued appearing through RotJ while Chewbacca didn't show up until RotJ, the situation would likely be reversed.

>i don't know how you could find that battle convincing at all lol.
It's called suspension of disbelief, something that's mandatory if you're going to watch any Star Wars film. Deconstructing the Ewoks as being unrealistic is like calling the duels with controlled plasma beam swords unrealistic. Of course those duels are unrealistic, but in the context of the universe you're willing to make a concession for the sake of storytelling.
>>
>>2939775
Again, no, the difference is that Chewbacca is actually menacing, experienced in combat with the Empire and properly equipped with lethal weapons. The ewoks are neither, yet somehow they take down walking tanks with rocks while the soldiers just wait to be killed doing nothing.

And i already stated that Star Wars was cheesy and unrealistic sure, but it was always in an epic way. The ewok was the thing that crossed the line and entered into the ridiculous zone.
>>
>>2939796
>the difference is that Chewbacca is actually menacing, experienced in combat with the Empire and properly equipped with lethal weapons.
Which is a direct result of him being in three movies total while the Ewoks appear in only one. There's more room for Chewbacca to develop a character of his own. You cannot dispute this.

Take them as creatures alone, the only real difference between a Wookiee and an Ewok is that the Wookiee is a primitive, furry creature that's twice the size of the primitive, furry Ewoks.

>The ewoks are neither, yet somehow they take down walking tanks with rocks while the soldiers just wait to be killed doing nothing.
Again, guerilla warfare relies on taking the enemy by surprise and using your knowledge of the terrain to your advantage. That's exactly what the Ewoks do.

>The ewok was the thing that crossed the line and entered into the ridiculous zone.
I find the whole series to be ridiculous, but I'm willing to suspend disbelief to have fun watching some movies.
>>
>>2939831
Chewy's very first scene was as a ruffian in a tough ass bar, where he already had a laser gun and knew how to use advanced technology such an airship. That's already a much better background than the Ewoks pham.
And you are exaggerating the surprise factor vs their shit-tier warfare technology.
>>
>>2939831
Chewbacca is huge and has a bowcaster
Ewoks are tiny and have rocks
Chrwbacca is logically a cooler and more believable threat.

An ewok shouldn't even have the muscle mass to pierce storm trooper armor, no matter how weak it is. Even if I catch Mike Tyson from behind, it doesn't mean much if my surprise attack can't even hurt him. Really, they should have had the wookies fight.

Also, saying that "...is a direct result of him being in three movies total while the Ewoks appear in only one. " is admitting a flaw. If Ewoks can't work being introduced in the third movie, then they shouldn't have been used.
>>
>>2939831
The Ewoks were literally going to eat them until their belief that a golden robot was define convinced them they must use their primitive weapons in order to protect their own interests.
>>
>>2939869
That should read "divine". Spell check is fedora
>>
>>2939767

They were going to fucking eat the humans before they thought c3p0 was a god.

It's something at least.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.