[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broken clavicle + flash carts...recommend me some games, anon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_0050.jpg (371 KB, 1169x850) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0050.jpg
371 KB, 1169x850
Okay, I have broken my collar bone and am stuck at home for at least 6-8 weeks. I have a Mega Everdrive V2 and an SD2SNES. Recommend me some games, anon.

Been playing Axelay, but can't get past the 2nd stage. I am into pretty much every genre of retro games except puzzle games. Huge RPG fan and have lately tried to get into the good shmups.
>>
>>2931041
I didn't realize a broken clavicle meant you can't use google.
>>
>>2931041

It would help if you would at least give us some idea of the kinds of games you enjoy. e.g. What genres do you normally get into? What about setting? Length? Difficulty?

Just asking for general recommendations is rather pointless. You could use Google for that, and anyone who even feels like bothering to reply to your thread is just going to dump indiscriminate lists of the most popular titles, like Chrono Trigger, FF6 and every other game everybody and their brother has already played to death.

It would also help if you insisted that people try to provide you with some details about their recommendations. Which, again, Google is probably better for. You could sort through any number of fansites that already give you comprehensive rundowns of games for every retro console and why they'd recommend them.

tl,dr - These half-assed threads are spammed on /vr/ every day. Either put some effort into it and try to meet us half-way, or learn to Google.
>>
>>2931049
>>2931068
Y'all seem like fun people.

This was to provoke talk on fun Genesis/SNES games. Sure I could use Google, but I wanted to make a thread for different people to chime in on different games they like. Hell, my SD2SNES SD card has a folder with Game Sanctuary's Top 100 SNES games.

Go shitpost somewhere else.
>>
>>2931083
Then go to /wsr/ where rec threads belong now.
>>
File: Ranger-X.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Ranger-X.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
>>2931068
>I am into pretty much every genre of retro games except puzzle games. Huge RPG fan and have lately tried to get into the good shmups.

Not OP, but did you even read his whole post?

>>2931041
PSIV for RPG

Beyond Oasis for action RPG

Ecco the Dolphin for learning patience while you are a cripple

Giares for beating your head against a shmup you that will keep you busy for weeks

Shiren The Wanderer for those times you want something relaxing and stressful at the same time

Space Harrier 1 and 2 because if you haven't yet, what the fuck are you doing with your life?

Ranger X and Metal Warriors for when you just want to run around as a mech fucking shit up.

That'll keep you more than busy till you're well. Enjoy!
>>
>>2931089
Go get into a fight about CRTs and waifus in other threads. At least let us talk about games in one.
>>
>>2931083
I wish this Reddit Mentality would go and stay gone.

>I wanted to make a thread for different people to chime in on games they like

This happens -literally daily- it happens so fucking often that it may as well have its own general thread.
>>
>>2931112
Are you fucking 7? Just because the thread isn't to your liking, you compare it to another popular message board?

Wat
>>
>>2931102
OP here. Thanks man.

I forgot about Ranger X. I've seen it brought up in many threads in the past.

Can I skip the other PS games and go straight to the 4th?
>>
>>2931112
Dude, real talk. People like you not wanting to talk about actual games around here and going out of your way to troll and derail any thread you don't like that does is the worst thing about /vr/ these days. And I'd be willing to bet you're one of the people who throws the "go back to /v/" shit around as well.
>>
>>2931146
Yeah, it holds up really well on it's own. If you love it you may want to go back and replay the others, but IV is a great place to start.

Ranger X is one of my favorite straight action games on the Genny. Awesome music too.
>>
>>2931141
Just ignore him. /vr/ being one of the slower boards attracts a lot really of dedicated trolls. Feed him and he'll just keep going.
>>
>>2931150
I've been here since it's inception.

I've never said go back to /v/

I've given good advice to every single recommendation thread until like 2 months ago when it became a literal daily thing.
>>
>>2931146
>Can I skip the other PS games and go straight to the 4th?
you can but each have their own charm. PS2 in particular, which is, without spoiling "Shit happens : The Game". And 4 concludes the saga, which mean it has a lot of nods to previous games, even with 3 which is a bit on the odd side.
>>
>>2931176
Threads like this have been shit since the beginning and I've done my part to rid this board of them.
>>
>>2931102
>Not OP, but did you even read his whole post?

Of course I did, but that's not very specific. The SNES has a huge library of RPGs. Which RPGs did OP already play? Does he want more of the same? Do he like turn-based or action? etc. People are just going to come in here and dump redundant, non-comprehensive lists such as

>ff4-6
>chrono trigger
>secret of mana
>terranigma

Without any explanation why OP might want to play any of these games, assuming he hasn't already because they're the only games anyone ever bothers to recommend.

>>2931083
>Go shitpost somewhere else.

I was trying to point you in the right direction, but if you're just going to be a hypersensitive faggot when someone offers you a little constructive criticism, you can just take your entitled attitude and fuck right off.
>>
File: sfc1.png (16 KB, 300x281) Image search: [Google]
sfc1.png
16 KB, 300x281
>>2931041
I just bought a supereverdrive and while waiting i'm just making a compilation of roms, basically translated RPG's and weird shit. Maybe it can give you some ideas.
This is what i want to try first.
>>
File: sfc2.png (123 KB, 729x617) Image search: [Google]
sfc2.png
123 KB, 729x617
>>2931301
And this is some kind of backlog.
Every RPG have a translation.
>>
>>2931301
Thank you
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.