[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buy / Sell General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Clipboard01.jpg (64 KB, 1160x526) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
64 KB, 1160x526
Couldn't find a listings and scores thread so here goes. BayWatch just popped this up for me, been wanting one for awhiel but is it too much for a scratched one?
>>
File: Evolution11.jpg (1 MB, 2835x1395) Image search: [Google]
Evolution11.jpg
1 MB, 2835x1395
Looking for Evolution 2: Far off promise for the Dreamcast (PAL version). Pretty rare game.
For trade/sale I got about half of all the PAL dreamcast set, reply to me if you want to buy any. I also have a few PAL Dreamcast systems and many controllers for it but I figure nobody here is interested.
>>
Im looking for Megaman X and Kirby Super star NTSC for SNES. I do however live in PAL region and would be willing to swap/buy and pay shipping
>>
>>2929375

Oh man, I remember having an opportunity to buy one of these with Power Points and passing on it when I was a teenager. I'm paring down my collection otherwise I'd go for it. Scratch or no scratch, $200 is a pretty good price, depending on your budget, based on what the nicer ones are going for. I'm not one for encouraging resller scum, but you should be able to get your money back if buyers' remorse hits you.
>>
>>2929375
So I just bought paper mario for 130 dollarydoos off ebay.

Out of fuckin nowhere it became rare

Or

Is it just me /vr/

I had no idea it would be this expensive, I've had my eye on it for a couple of months now and decided today was better than two years down the track to buy it, when it could be possibly be more.

Care to shed some light on this situation?
>>
>>2929551
$130 sounds way too high.

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/nintendo-64/paper-mario

I feel a little bad about referring people to pricecharting.com, since a few of their prices are inaccurate (a lot of times they don't include all recent auctions on their lists, and sometimes they just include blatantly incorrect auctions), but at least their prices are based off real data, and most of them are decently accurate. This is a good first place to check when you want to buy a game, and as long as you don't take their word as gospel, it's a good resource.

Anyway, you can see from the link I gave you what people have recently paid for Paper Mario. People only pay $130 and up when they're getting a mint condition, factory sealed copy. Regular complete-in-box copies have been averaging around $70. Big price difference.

Some eBay advice: never feel like you have to buy anything right now, unless you know you're getting an amazing deal. Very few games (that you would likely be interested in buying) are so rare that passing up an opportunity to buy now means that you won't get another one. Before buying or even bidding, search for other listings on eBay. If there's more than one, just take your time with the purchase, it's probably a common game and other listings will likely show up soon, maybe one that gives you a better deal. You can also see from my pricecharting link that Paper Mario (boxed) sells around two copies a week. Plenty of sales volume for you to take your time and look for a good price.
>>
>>2929551
>>2929582
There are multiple copies on now for 50 bucks

How even did this guy spend 130
>>
>>2929594
I assume he at least got it CIB. Plus not knowing that eBay BIN prices are almost always rip-offs.

It's ok, everyone's first purchase is often a mistake.
>>
>>2929582
Oh the game was like €60
130 AUD
That's probably why it sounds so much
>>
>>2929612
Well then, guess that renders my whole explanation moot.

Anyway, spending that amount on a boxed copy of a 5th gen or earlier game doesn't really imply that it's especially rare, that's just what complete games (on Nintendo systems) go for now: original MSRP or higher.
>>
>>2929582

>>2929612 here again, looked at the link and it's all Amazon stuff can it be used for buying pal carts and more importantly does it work in aussie land?
>>
>>2929621
Sheeit that's crazy well thx for ur help anyway anon
>>
>>2929629
If you click on the little tabs like Completed Auctions (Loose) and Completed Auctions (CIB), you should be able to see a bunch of eBay listings and prices that people paid for them.

It looks like they don't really keep information specifically about PAL carts, sorry about that! They have a few listings specifically for PAL games but not many.
>>
Toronto here, looking for mm x3 and link to the past. Any Snes stuff really
>>
>>2929375
Shit, nevermind, already sold. Did I blow it /vr/?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.