[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Lara Croft as recognizable of a character to the non-gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Is Lara Croft as recognizable of a character to the non-gaming crowd as Mario is? Would you call her one of the most recognizable video game characters of all time?
>>
>>2923702
Yes. Maybe more so for those of us as teens/adults during the 90's. Today I'd say her character to non-gamers rides more on the movies only.
>>
>>2923702
Definitely. She's probably one of the most iconic PSX characters in the west.
>>
>>2923702
No. I guarantee that most non-gamers can't name her. They might be able to figure out that she's from a game, but that's it.
>>
>>2923702
She used to be, but not anymore.

Ask "modern gamers", and the majority of them won't be able to tell you who she is; that is when bringing tablet and mobile phone players into your stats, which is what every video game study does these days. Still, those same people would know who Mario is.
>>
>>2923702
Not that Lara Croft. Man, the new one is such a shit character.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.