[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you find places that sell /vr/ stuff? I live on Long Island
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: nes-lot.jpg (39 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
nes-lot.jpg
39 KB, 500x322
How do you find places that sell /vr/ stuff? I live on Long Island and did a google search for "flea market long island" and only found one place worth trying called Unique Bazaar. I found one corner that had a bunch of newer games and maybe about 2 dozen retro games: a few NES, SNES, and N64 games. (I picked up Faxanadu for $20.)

How do I find more places like this? What search terms should I try?
>>
File: 1440103453998.png (384 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1440103453998.png
384 KB, 640x480
>>2917369
>Faxanadu
>$20
>>
File: RoberTMeadowsmeme.jpg (246 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
RoberTMeadowsmeme.jpg
246 KB, 1600x900
ebay, thrift stores, dedicated reseller stores. The latter being worth the money if you'd rather avoid 20 year-old pizza grease and dog piss in every crevice.

And as hilarious as Robert Meadows Presents Gradius III is, it doesn't make much for a serious collection.
>>
>>2917371
Shit, yeah it's really cheap on ebay, ah well. It was worth it for the feeling of going out and buying a NES cartridge for the first time since my dad took me when I was a kid. But yeah, definitely going to check online for prices next time.

>>2917442
Thanks, yeah thrift stores sounds good.
>>
Do some garage saling. Thrift stores are usually pretty good too.
>>
Play & Trade if theres one by you.

There was one here in Shirley but they went out of business a couple of years ago.
>>
Check out Digital Press in NJ
>>
I look everywhere. There's usually that one retard who sells the game/system for a really cheap price not knowing what the value of it is.
>>
>>2917442
>And as hilarious as Robert Meadows Presents Gradius III is, it doesn't make much for a serious collection.
How inept do you have to be to think black sharpie is eternal? Besides, most "dedicated resellers" I've visited don't bother cleaning their games or systems before putting a price tag on them. I don't mind, I enjoy disassembling and cleaning retro vidya stuff. It's sort of relaxing, and it's kind of a ritual to make a new piece of equipment feel like it's truly mine.
>>
>>2917369
Yeah, I like flea markets, although they're starting to become their own shitshow. I remember 15 years ago, going to a flea market with my grandpa and picking up NES and SNES games in their box for five to fifteen dollars. I wish I had the foresight to buy more. My local flea market has about 3 dedicated retro video game resellers, and at least 5 other stores that sell general retro/collector stuff like toys/comics/vinyl and also have a vidya section. Most of them treat games as though they're plastic gold. Even crappy games are overpriced just because they're old, and some 50-year-old curmudgeon of a shop owner won't budge a penny on their prices.

I find some of the issues with dedicated reselling shops is that their stock sucks ass. They end up buying people's terrible retro game collections for chump change, but nobody ever turns in the actual good games. Those games have retained their worth, and instead of chucking them to a reseller, most people are smart enough to jam them on ebay and make more profit. 90% of the stock at a retro game store is shit puzzle games, licensed adaptations, or 30 different versions of Madden.

Anyway, check craigslist. Not just for game listings themselves, but often local merchants will advertise their stores in craigslist ads.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.