[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on Nintendo VC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160101_142423_444.jpg (25 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160101_142423_444.jpg
25 KB, 480x280
About two weeks ago, my scumbag junkie cousin ran away from home; she stole my old NES and game cartridges and sold them all for drug money. I don't feel like finding her or tracking down my old stuff, but now I really miss some of my old games (like Zelda, Zelda II, Megaman, etc.). I have a 3ds, and I'm thinking about downloading some retro titles off the eshop. Does anyone know if it's any good? Are there any common bugs/errors with the Virtual Console titles?
>>
>>2889140
Virtual console is exactly like cartridge. Why are you letting your female cousin cuck you anon? Find her and beat the fuck out of her.
>>
File: 1445367920154.jpg (38 KB, 392x544) Image search: [Google]
1445367920154.jpg
38 KB, 392x544
>Virtual console is exactly like cartridge.
>>
>>2889147
So there are no real issues with the games then? Also, I can't stand the bitch. She'd been staying at my apartment for about a month because my gf is one of those people who believes in second chances and all that nonsense. After she bailed, we found out that she stole my box of old games and a bunch of jewellery and clothes from my gf's closet. We called the cops but they couldn't really do anything about it. I'm just glad she's gone.
>>
>>2889150
What are the major differences in the VC versions of the games?
>>
>>2889172
Usually none, it is just that you're playing on an emulator.
>>
honestly, no noticeable difference between any of this stuff.
>>
>>2889172
Only main difference between VC and Original Cartridge is that any games that used heavy flashing patterns (IE diying in Zelda II, PSI effects in Earthbound ect) have the colors muted and the number of flashes reduced to reduce seizure risks.

That and Gameboy VC won't have mutliplayer (Pokemon is supposed to change that)
>>
>>2889172
Problem is that you're paying to play on an emulator, so you have the typical pitfalls of playing on emulators: you're not playing on the original gamepad, there's some minor input lag, etc. What bugs me is that you actually paid for these games once already.

If it's for NES games you might as well buy a PSP for like thirty bucks and put the entire NES library on an SD card and play it on there, PSP has pretty much perfect NES emulation. At least then you're not paying double. If it's only one or two games you might as well buy from eshop though, it's the same experience as on emulator and the games are usually cheap. Also, putting homebrew on a PSP takes less time than opening the eshop, putting money on your account and downloading a NES title.
>>
OP here, thanks for the input guys. I've decided to buy Zelda as a sort of test run. If it feels right, I'm going to rebuild my ideal retro library. In the meantime, consider this a general Virtual Console discussion thread.
>>
>>2889264
Gameboy VC doesn't support multiplayer? That's a shame. Guess I'll have to wait and see about Pokémon. I'll still get Link's Awakening, though.
>>
>>2889291
I do have a PSP, but I use it strictly for Monster Hunter and GBA emulations. Where can I check out the NES emulator?
>inb4 too lazy to Google it
>>
Which multiplayer GB games are on the 3DS virtual console anyway?
>>
>>2889358
How did you figure out to set up a GBA emulator, but not an NES one?
>>
>>2889345

I own Breath of Fire I and II on the VC because I wanted to show Capcom theres still interest in the series and I can't be assed to pay 100+ dollars for the actual carts. they work fine and I like the games.

I also own the Mega Man Zero games because I enjoy playing them on the gamepad.
>>
>>2889360
Really, it's just that I had never considered the possibility. I think I'll just Google it and check it out for myself. I just hope the settings don't need as much tweaking to work properly (looking at you, GBA emulator).
>>
>>2889351
Yeah, Gameboy, Gameboy Color and GBA (Wii U) don'tsupport multiplayer.

Pokemon RBY is going to be the first to have it over local Wifi I believe, no word if Nintendo is going to update the older games to support it.
>>
>>2889140
crazy story
>>
>>2889140

nice blog
>>
>>2889447
?
>>
>>2889404
Yeah, the whole thing's pretty messed up. I'm over it, as I saw it coming and I didn't lose much. My gf's pretty devastated about her jewellery though. She had some necklaces and earrings that her grandma gave to her before she died. She's working with her brother to try and track them down to some local pawn shops.
>>
>>2889140
Excellent, Best to get a Wii U for it's HDMI output and get the Wii version as there are more games (SMS, Genesis & TG16) and are sharp as a knife as the Wii U versions are darker (N64 games) and have a blur filter (NES games) (The rest are fine however), but the Wii U update is only 1 buck, have save states and are still cheaper then buying the original format (Earthbound).

That is if you have a North American system (Japanese systems can use foreign credit/debit cards when you have to use the Canadian E-Shop to use said foreign cards outside the US, Japanese systems also have TG16 & MSX games as well), if you have a Pal unit Wii VC games are 100% 50Hz and only some Wii U VC games are 60Hz, it's best to import a North American system if you live in Pal countries as they are region lock (stupid I know, but Nintendo wants you to buy 3 systems).

3DS is 100% 60Hz (unless a North American version never got made) however, but the color is off, matching that to the NESRGB's enchanted pallet so if you don't mind said pallet you are good to go, no discount however and please sign up for a Nintendo Network ID so that if your system gets stolen you can cut it off and buy a new system and have said games on a account rather then on hardware.

Also always update your firmware when dealing with NNID, it's for the best.
>>
OP. My condolences on your loss. I will forever heed your cautionary tale and never, ever allow a druggie into my home.
>>
>>2889485
fuckthatshit/10
Would not recommend
>>
>>2889358
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Emulation_on_PSP

got you covered senpai

Also GBA emulation took me like no time to set up, and it works for most games I've tried.
>>
File: cheeky1m8.jpg (4 KB, 146x175) Image search: [Google]
cheeky1m8.jpg
4 KB, 146x175
>>2889158
>they couldn't really do anything about it

You report EXACTLY what was stolen. They write it all down and file it away. Give them her fucking name and D.O.B. A warrant for her arrest will be issued. If she's a thieving junkie it's only a matter of time before she gets picked up for something else.
>>
>>2890065
In some areas cops are fucking assholes, especially when junkies are involved. Cops are literally too fucking lazy to do the paperwork and will take you down by the lake and beat the shit out of you if you make too much of a stink about them not taking your theft claim.
>>
>>2889140
basically
>best
generally anything from M2 like the sega stuff on the 3ds
3d classics
>decent
Wii VC
3ds VC
>garbage
WiiU VC
>>
>>2890068
sounds like pussy talk to me
>>
>>2890072
That is false, the Wii U VC is not garbage, they are filter & darkening issues on some games but it's not trash.

Plus Earthbound for $10 rather then $180+
>>
>>2889140
>my scumbag junkie cousin ran away from home; she stole my old NES and game cartridges and sold them all

Hipster fanbase that would generate aside, best setup ever for a good road movie.
>>
>>2890072
What's wrong with the WiiU VC?
>>
>>2890476
A lot of people have issues with the NES emulation in particular (filtering, dark color palette). The NES VC on the Wii was indeed better, but aside from the lack of games, the Wii U VC is totally acceptable imho.
>>
>>2890065
If it's already been sold you're shit out of luck unless you're insured and have all the receipts.

At least that's what it was like for me. House broken into, PS3, PS2, DS, games all stolen (as well as things like fucking underwear and stuff). Reported it all, they caught a guy for it. Wanna know how much stuff I got back or how much I got reimbursed? Nothing is what.

Unless you specifically write down everything that's stolen, and they find specifically this stuff, you're not getting anything back. Chances are, your stolen goods are already across the border since it's been sold.
>>
>not setting homebrew channel on 3ds or wii mode

Mates please
>>
>>2890517
Just instaled HBC in Wii mode on my Wii U, no idea why I waited so long. The video output for emulators is really excellent, and it took like 5 minutes to get set up. I'm a little concerned with bricking my Wii mode, but it seems pretty unlikely. Also, not retro, but Nintendont is fucking awesome.
>>
>>2890057
Thanks, 'preciate it.
>>
>>2890507
Pretty much this. The cops were nice and polite about the whole thing, but I know there's really nothing they can do about my stuff. At the very least, I hope she gets caught.
>>
>>2890475
Never thought of it that way. I should write a book.
You gave me a good laugh, anon.
I really needed that.
>>
>>2890517
can any 3ds get homebrew or only under 9.2? Just got one and its 9.4
>>
>>2890065
Gross, reporting a bunch of stolen video games to the police is a Big Bang theory punchline.
Do you really want to be the Big Bang Theory?
>>
If you have a Wii, do a soft hack on the SD card. Then you can get an SNES emulator and all the games on the SD card and it works like a charm.
>>
>>2889140
>my scumbag junkie cousin ran away from home; she stole my old NES and game cartridges and sold them all for drug money
a) smack your idiot parents, for sheltering a known drug addict
b) smack yourself for not dead-bolting the room you sleep in, knowing a junkie bitch was living there
>>
>>2890941
Guess I have to pick b), since it was my apartment.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.