[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there similar retro compilations of Nintendo titles? Also,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13
Are there similar retro compilations of Nintendo titles?

Also, good retro compilation suggestions. Pic related is supposed to be pretty good.
>>
>>2888561

Stuff like this is pointless, it's basically just paying for emulation.
>>
Not to my knowledge. They're happy to charge you $10 per title separately.

As for other retro compilations, I just got Konami MSX Ultra Pack on the Saturn and it's very nice. 30 games on one disc, some of them quite good!
>>
They made some fucking lazy Mario and Kirby compilations for the Wii.
>>
File: large.jpg (149 KB, 1400x999) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
149 KB, 1400x999
This, the Kirby Superstar game for DS and Animal Crossing GC comes to mind. None that include as many games as the Genesis collection though. Nintendo are probably getting enough money from Virtual Console that they don't even consider doing a compilation like this.
>>
File: museum.png (92 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
museum.png
92 KB, 320x240
The Playstation Namco Musuem games are easily the best compilations. Walking around the musuem, exploring the themed rooms and looking at the exhibits was great. There were also some excellent, uncommon games, like Assault, Ordyne and Legend of Valkyrie.

My dream is to open an arcade, a clean, futuristic-looking room filled with candy cabinets with all Namco games, and have this playing on the sound system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8pDnJBB7Vw
>>
>>2888598
The Mario one was literally just a Mario All-Stars ROM on a disc. Even had still had the SNES controller in the options menu. Unbelievably lazy and cynical.
>>
>>2888561
The difference is that SEGA has to beg for people to buy their games.
>>
>>2888561
The nes riemix for 3ds is just fucking rom hack.
Talking about 3ds the sega classic as Street of rage an Space Harrier were reworked and people liked
>>
The PS2 has tons of great retro compilations.

Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Mega Man X Collection
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Metal Slug Anthology
Capcom Arcade Classics Vols. 1 and 2
SNK Classics Vols. 1 and 2
Midway Arcade Hits

And lots more I'm forgetting
>>
>>2888695
Intellivision Lives!
Activision Anthology
Atari Anthology (menu navigation is a little clunky on this)
Strikers 1945 i & ii
>>
File: sonic-jam-cover.png (509 KB, 387x649) Image search: [Google]
sonic-jam-cover.png
509 KB, 387x649
That sonic genesis collection doesn't even allow you to use the lock-on feature between Sonic 3&Knuckles and Sonic 2 & Knuckles.

It has a lot of genesis games but as other people pointed out, it's all emulation, kinda pointless when Kega Fusion and even Picodrive on PSP/PS3 work so well.

But as far as retro Sonic compilations go, pic related is the one to go. Actual ports of the games to the Saturn hardware, nice extra modes like time trials and bonus stage trial, spindash in Sonic 1, plus a shitload of extra contents and the Sonic World 3D hub.
>>
File: animal.png (220 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
animal.png
220 KB, 400x300
Wouldn't Animal Crossing count as a compilation? It includes many NES classics for free, although some of them require especial ways of unlocking.
>>
>>2888561
Yes, pal.
>>
File: Taito_Memories_logo.png (222 KB, 500x218) Image search: [Google]
Taito_Memories_logo.png
222 KB, 500x218
Taito Memories on PS2/Xbox, I still mad that Cadash is Xbox exclusive though.
>>
Nah. That Genesis collection isnt good. There are some emulation fucks up like Blue Spheres where it runs faster than usual making it much more harder to get the emeralds and on SoR games same shit happens with enemies running faster and staying hidden for awhile out of the screen even if you are not near the sides.

Mega collection is better and Jam is the best collection for the classics.
>>2888750
Also difficulty, like easy(skips acts and some bosses), normal(more rings and less challenge) and original. And Sonic 2 Death Egg level has like 3 rings on easy or normal difficulty.
Also, time attack mode.
>>
>>2888750
>Sonic World 3D hub.
Damn, I remember playing around in that hub for hours. It was pretty fun. Too bad we never got an actual Sonic game with that engine.
>>
>>2888648
10/10 shitpost
>>
>>2888561
>Pic related is supposed to be pretty good.

Anything with more than 100ms built-in input lag can not be referred to as "pretty good". In this particular case (500+ms) it's pretty bad.

I honestly can't think of any emulated compilation which didn't suffer from excessive lag.
>>
File: gc_75.jpg (1 MB, 3236x2170) Image search: [Google]
gc_75.jpg
1 MB, 3236x2170
Also there is this.

But usually jewtendo likes to sell their games individually. Like the ports of NES games for the GBA and the virtual store.
>>
>>2890613
>In this particular case (500+ms)
That's hard to believe, because it would require deliberate effort to make it that bad. And even the most casual of casual gamers would notice half a second. Did you mean 50ms (also unacceptable, but possible to achieve by accident).
>>
>>2888568
I love Namco Museum for PS1. The eerie but fascinating first person exploring, shitty Win 95 maze screensaver's quality of texture mapping and gouraud shaded models. That collection was anything but pointless.
>>
File: RockmanCompleteworkscd.jpg (92 KB, 646x387) Image search: [Google]
RockmanCompleteworkscd.jpg
92 KB, 646x387
>>2890629

Capcom was even worse, they released the NES Rockman games on PS1 in individual discs.
>>
>>2890591
The difference is that now Sega's games ended up on the competitor's consoles.

I laughed so hard when Sonic GBA appeared and turned out to be so much better than the fucking disasters that also appeared back then.

Segafans' rants would have some value if we had seen Mario on the Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast, though. But it never happened and with Sega's death as a console maker company it will never happen, period.
>>
>>2890664
Serious question - are you mentally ill?
>>
>>2890668

It's just a troll, don't reply.

Sega fanboys are insufferable sometimes though, I love Sega, but not the fanboys.

>muh blast processing
>>
>>2890653
Don't those add a bunch of handy new features such as navigators and a mega man 8 hud
>>
>>2890651

For stuff like that, yeah, I agree. I love that game, just because of the weird atmosphere.
>>
Game & Watch Gallery
>>
>>2890675

not really that big of a deal and they could have easily fit all those games in one disc, jewcom at their jewest.
>>
>>2888561
Got one for the PS2 once, Sonic Mega collection or something. Favorite part of those compilations were the manual scans/extras and games that I never got to play back in the day (The Ooze, Sonic drift and a few others).
>>
>>2890674
>>2890668
Samefag.

Also, they called it "blast" processing because the whole deal ended up exploding on them.
>>
This seems pretty sweet
>>
File: salamander portable.jpg (68 KB, 500x871) Image search: [Google]
salamander portable.jpg
68 KB, 500x871
>>2888695
Also, the PSP. We got a Gradius, a TwinBee, a Parodius and a Salamander compilation. And there are a lot of other compilations.
>>
File: 1441318086565-b.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1441318086565-b.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>2890664
>Sonic GBA
>better
>>
>>2888758
>especial

hola mexico
>>
File: rare-replay-xbox-one.jpg (261 KB, 2181x1227) Image search: [Google]
rare-replay-xbox-one.jpg
261 KB, 2181x1227
Yep, a compilation exclusive to the Xbone. There's at least a few games/hd remasters you can't play easily anywhere else on here.
>>
>>2891317

>has KI Gold but no SNES KI because they were too cheap to code a SNES emu in just for one game
>>
>>2891324

SNES KI isn't that good to begin with
>>
>>2891326

Not graphically compared to the arcade, but it's actually better balanced since it was released a year after the arcade, fixed many game-breaking glitches. it's the actual definitive version of KI1 if you care about gameplay.
Wouldn't have hurt to include it in the collection anyway.
>>
>>2891106
only wish we could get this outside of Japan
it's so rare we see ports that play better than the original system
>>
I'm thinking of setting up my shitty Windoze 8 laptop as a dedicated emulator machine. When I say shitty though it struggles playing n64 games though... but at least SNES and DOS era and before. I might sort out a front end for it as well.

Anyone done similar?
>>
>>2891326
Oh you shut your mouth.
>>
>>2890651
Gouraud isn't bad at all.
I remember it was the shit for Tie fighter collection cd on pc.
>>
>>2891492
In the context of my post, I love gouraud shading. In general, it has its high points (Crash Bandicoot) and its low points (Final Fantasy 7)
>>
>>2888568
It's not pointless if a compilation contains a game that was never released outside of Japan, (e.g., the Gradius Collection on PSP, which has Gradius Gaiden).
>>
>>2888561
>Are there similar retro compilations of Nintendo titles?

Nah. They know that there's far more money in selling each game individually for at least five bucks.
>>
>>2891346

>2016
>not having homebrew/region free on your 3DS
>>
>>2888710
> Intellivision Lives!
It's better for DS.
>>
>>2893528
No it's not
>>
>>2888760
>I still mad that Cadash is Xbox exclusive though.
You're thinking of Taito Legends 2, which was the compilation that was released in NTSC-U/C and PAL regions. Japan got Cadash in Taito Memories Gekan.
>>
>>2893541
I dunno, I found keypad on the touch screen a good thing.
And it's portable.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.