[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 Goals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: KIMG0448.jpg (1 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0448.jpg
1 MB, 1632x1224
Happy New Year /vr/! What are your gaming resolutions this year? What are you planning to finally play or beat?
>>
My gaming resolution is to try to stick as hard to retro games as possible, and really learn and understand more about emulation and older titles. Also, to try keeping a record of what I play so I can stay on track and not just load a ROM, play for two minutes and never do it again.

Also, to see if it's actually possible to play JPN titles with working Japanese knowledge like some anons say. I'm gonna try to play a Japanese (text intensive) game even if I have to sit with a dictionary translating line by line. Hoping that this is a decent way to learn some things.
>>
File: gaiares2.png (851 KB, 494x700) Image search: [Google]
gaiares2.png
851 KB, 494x700
Finally finish Gaiares

only kidding, I know it will never happen

But I'll keep trying.
>>
After an entire fucking year of owning a Genesis, I should really just finally bite the bullet and drop that $150 on a mega everdrive
>>
>>2888518
Play more games in general. Less 4chan and reddit, more gaming.

Play more games in Japanese. I've been playing through ORAS in Japanese, but I'm going to need to read a lot more before I can actually play games comfortably.
>>
Play more games and buy some more games. Lots of titles for nes, snes and 64 i wish to get. Just recently got Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes for snes, some kind of modded / fan made cart or something like that. So ill begin on this one.
>>
>>2888518
>Phantom Dust

Why? Unless you can get 2v2 matches going, it's absolute dog shit for singleplayer.
>>
>>2888549
I'm going to be pushing forward with my Japanese studying, and my goal is to try and at least attempt to play/learn from one JP language retro game a month.
>>
>>2888518
How much did you pay for Panzer Dragoon Saga? Assuming you got it recently. Did you play it, did you like it?
>>
>>2888518
So this is just a thinly veiled "Let's argue about retro/not retro" thread, right?
>>
Gonna try to get to 150 nes and 100 snes games in my collection.
>>
>>2889864
Does it matter which ones?
>>
>>2889914
No not really. I've tailored my collection and now am just looking for quantity.
>>
>>2888518
My gaming resolution is to beat more games this year than 2015.

I cleared 65 in 2015. I didn't play anything from Sept. to Dec because of School and Family visiting so I think its achievable.

I want to 100% clear my PS4 library (3 games left, and then just beat them as I buy them), and to beat at least 1 game per system I own.

I want to try to beat some more hardcore games, I just picked up Battle Kid 1 and 2, and I've wanted to beat Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania 3 for a long time.

I'm also going to make a website and write reviews for the games I'm playing and beating. I'll probably start working on that once things calm down around January 8th. If I get it completed, I'll open it up for others to become contributors and write articles or make videos for the site. I currently have 20 articles and more as I beat more games just so there's some content for when the website launches. I definitely want it to be strictly gaming, with more dedicated players writing articles than your average chucklefuck reviewer who whines about buying Bloodborne DLC and not wanting to replay Bloodborne to access it since he already beat the game. The site won't just be about reviews, it'll also have useful editorials for collecting, managing, system and game repair and maintenance, board scans, and the like. We'll see just how far I get though.
>>
>>2889946
>3 games left
I'll take it you haven't played any PS4 games yet?
>>
>>2889954

wow dude cool /v/ meme

upvoted!!!
>>
>>2889954
No I've just played the good ones.

>Killzone Shadowfall (Brother bought this for himself, gave it to me since he doesn't have a PS4)
>Alien Isolation (bad)
>Natural Doctrine (still sealed)

Are what I have left.

I might pick up Just Cause 3 but I'll probably wait for patches and for it to go on sale since apparently its got a lot of problems.
>>
>>2888518
4096 × 2304
>>
>>2888518
I hope to play through my NES library and beat at least one game a month.
>>
My ambition is to defeat
Shin Megami Tensei
>>
I have been playing video games since I was 3 years old and I've never had "gaming resolutions". That sounds faggy as fuck.

I play for fun and that's it.
>>
>>2888565

Aliexpress has the clone version for $40 USD, senpai.
>>
I'd like to get through the fallout series this year. More importantly, I'd like to start working on my own game. I've got a textbook to learn basic coding but since I'm about to start school again I'll probably just focus on creating assets for now, as that'll likely be less intense.
>>
>>2890031
assets are the least of your worries.

Function over form every time.
>>
Finally get around to recapping my game gear and PC engine duo.
>>
>>2889990

plz spoonfeed me the link
>>
Just keep playing arcade games since they are pretty much the only vidya that entertains me now.
>>
>>2890086
I'm only finding PAL models atm, but seriously, go have fun:

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160102081320&SearchText=Sega+Mega+Drive
>>
>>2888518
>xbox
>ps2
>GBA
Wasnt this retro? Not new stuff.
>>
>>2888518
Gran Turismo 2, GEX saturn version, Super Puyo Puyo, Mission Impossible NES and Sonic 2 on master system.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.