[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone tried anything like this? It sticks onto the base d-pad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: $_35.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
Anyone tried anything like this? It sticks onto the base d-pad.
>>
>>2887925

yeah it also sucks and comes off if you sneeze on it wrong
>>
File: IMAG0336.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0336.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1520
>>2887925
You realise it's just a regular d-pad underneath, not individual cursor buttons right?

Right?
>>
>>2887925
I have. They're shit
>>
>>2887932
STOP! STOP WITH THIS "YOU REALIZE RIGHT?" NONSENSE! FUCK YOU!
>>
I have yet to find something like that that isn't completely awful. Good luck, OP.
>>
>>2887989

Well then stop being stupid.
>>
>>2887932
You do realize that's not what was being asked, right?
>>
>>2887925
To what end?

If you don't like the d-pad, there are better options. Such as a 3rd-party pad or using another console controller with an adapter.

I personally don't see the issue anyway. While I have my preferences in d-pads, I've never had any problems picking up a controller and playing a game. Even the worst of them is completely competent from a perspective of utility.
>>
I think the PS1 d-pad is ok, not the best, but not the worst either.
>>
>>2888158
>I think the PS1 d-pad is ok
I did a mod on mine basically sanding the surface down so the dpad sticks through further and melting the cross centre out so now its like a full dpad your thumb can rest right into and it's a shit ton better, my fav pad actually.
>>
File: PSP_side.jpg (99 KB, 1094x341) Image search: [Google]
PSP_side.jpg
99 KB, 1094x341
>>2887925
I've got the top coin on my main PSP1000 and it's a hell of a lot better. It's actually based off a dpad coin made by Capcom for the release of Darkstalkers(?). They did this because Sony sunk the dpad too much, making diagonals a real pain.

Wouldn't recommend it for dualshocks tho, as the dualshocks don't hit as low and have more travel to them.

>>2887928
Mine never came off, but then I never pulled mine off after sticking it on. Double sided tape wasn't meant to be fucked with.
>>
File: PSP_angled.jpg (87 KB, 936x352) Image search: [Google]
PSP_angled.jpg
87 KB, 936x352
>>2888619
>>
>>2887925
Yes.
They are horrible for anything that requires fast motion and reaction time.
>>
>>2887925
Why, why WHY the fuck would you rin a dpad like that? Holy shit what are you doing

The DualShock 3 dpad is pretty damn great. And you want to turn it into a 360?
Shaking my fucking head
>>
>>2887989
now that the dust has settled, the wife and I
>>
>>2888194
Can you post pics?
>>
>>2887925
I have something like this on my PSP, I really like it actually.
>>
>>2888149

The worst d-pad is generally usable in a basic way, as long as it isn't straight-up broken in that particular controller or anything. But for really difficult games that require finesse with the d-pad for whatever reason, some d-pads are not sufficient. The Xbox 360 one, for instance, will get you killed occasionally by making you go diagonal instead of straight. The Sony ones will reduce your agility by making you either find a weird fat-thumb hand configuration that lets you usefully touch all the direction "buttons" at once, or "type" with the tip of your thumb which is something some people prefer anyhow but generally isn't as effective as touching all directions at once. 360 and Sony d-pads are inferior to most other ones, and in a sufficiently action focused-game, at a high enough skill level, the difference will come out--though it may not be enormous or anything. But why cripple yourself, even if only slightly, by using badly designed hardware?
>>
>>2887925
fucking blasphemy man.
Playstation (aside from the SNES) has the best D-pad for any game, why would you fuck up such a good thing?
>>
>>2887928
How do you sneeze on something correctly

>>2887989
I'm with this guy. If you start your statement with "you realize" or "you do know that" - you're a shit and nobody likes you. Maybe I forgot or maybe I didn't realize, why not simply inform me instead of being a shit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.