[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Something always bothered me about this cover. How did Ryu lose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: cover_large.jpg (136 KB, 599x419) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
136 KB, 599x419
Something always bothered me about this cover. How did Ryu lose?
>>
>>2887487
Your little brother was playing as Ryu and he lost because you gave him the shitty 3d party controller you asshole
>>
it was all a dream, due to the lack of 3 way battles in sf2
>>
Did you know the dictator was called Vega in Japanese and your entire life is a lie?
>>
File: B 001.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
B 001.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Got rolling-attacked by a fun-loving criminal :)
Obvious is Obvious

P.S. Ryu sucks
>>
>>2887507
Did you know that Balrog was called Casio Clay in Japan?
>>
>>2887487
Ryu is taking a nap till the blanka/chunli match is over.
then he will fight the winner.
>>
File: 6btn11.jpg (223 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
6btn11.jpg
223 KB, 1024x683
>>2887487
>How did Ryu lose

He wasn't playing with the superior 6 button controller
>>
>>2887487
I like that Polygon contacted the artist of these covers and commissioned a new one 20 years later.
>>
>>2887487
You know, I never even realized Ryu was even on the cover until now. I guess I've been too focused on Thunderthighs every time I saw it.
>>
>>2887556
Nice.
Epic.
I like it.

SEGA MASTER RACE.
>>
>>2887654
You're just a trying to be cool. It's okay, you don't have to lie to kick it.
>>
>>2887668
It probably didn't help that I had Super Street Fighter 2 back in the day, which had different cover art.
>>
He's not losing, he's just doing one of those extreme Matrix-style limbo dodges.
>>
>>2887487
It's cannon that Ryu doesn't win every match he fights.
This is probably one of them.
>>
>>2887746
>cannon
>>
>>2887746
Blanka was shot out of a cannon?
>>
>>2887487
ryus right hand is snapped like a mug
>>
>>2887487
blanka looks like he's about to powerwank all over her
>>
Just because he got knocked down doesn't mean he lost. How many times during a match do you get knocked down?
>>
>>2887765
>>2887818
That's right.
When being shot out of a cannon Blanka can beat Ryu's Dragon Punch.
>>
This really is a creepy cover.
>>
IMO it looks like Blanka just barged in during a fight and blind-sided Ryu while rolling through the air.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.