[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finished Earthbound few minutes ago. Ask me anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: ebBox.jpg (31 KB, 800x621) Image search: [Google]
ebBox.jpg
31 KB, 800x621
I finished Earthbound few minutes ago.

Ask me anything.
>>
Did you feel sadness when you met Gyiyg?
>>
>>2887163
Is Giygas. And no, I felt weirdness.
>>
File: Mother 2 - Gyiyg Strikes Back.gif (15 KB, 256x223) Image search: [Google]
Mother 2 - Gyiyg Strikes Back.gif
15 KB, 256x223
>>2887169

It's Gyiyg.
Giegue/Gyigas are translation errors, like Pokey (porky).

So, I assume you didn't play Mother 1 before playing Earthbound.
>>
Do you know when the new updates for Call of Duty are coming out?
>>
>>2887171
That's treu, I didn't completed Mother 1, saddly.
>>
>>2887171
I've always assumed Giegue & Gyigas were two different entities.
>>
>>2887178

Nope, same way of spelling in the original japanese: ギーグ (pronounced "gee-goo" or rather, geeg).

EB Zero and EB were translated by different people.
>>
>>2887179
I just finished the fucking game m8, shut up.
>>
>>2887217
The experience is not the same, but the game is.

Also, I don't cheat in emulators.
>>
>>2887196
>>2887226
Report and move on you fucking dipshit
>>
>>2887226
With the correct hardware and emulator configuration, the experience can be literally identical. Nobody plays games by opening up the console and probing it with an oscilloscope.
>>
>>2887237

>report

I hate theses summerfags.
>>
>>2887245
>>2887253
>posts that are blatant rule-breaking shitposts shouldn't be reported
nice
>>
>>2887256

>posts that are blatant rule-breaking shitposts

Man, I just started a threat about Earthbound, it's not my fault that there are too much faggot.
>>
>>2887171
>It's Gyiyg
Its Giygas you stupid fuck.
>>
>>2887158
Did you get the feel that Giygas/Gyiyg was fetus when you fought him as the final boss?
>>
>>2887294

No. I really don't.
>>
>>2887171

Aeris and Giygas are their proper names you weeb trash.
>>
>>2887158
what was your favorite area?

what was your favorite fight?

what was your favorite regular enemy?

do you like the visible monsters chasing you in the game to initiate fights?
>>
>>2887342

>favorite area
Threed and Saturn Valley.

>favorite fight
Belch and Giygas.

>favorite regular enemy
Starmen.

>visible monsters
I don't know. If I were a monster, I think that I would do the same.
>>
>>2887171
uh, it's actually ganonflorgandorf
>>
>>2887158

Which emulator did you use?
>>
>>2887268
>>2887319
>>2887374

I knew there would be people upset about this.

Why do you think it's "Giygas"? The original japanese name isn't written as "Giigaasu" or anything like that, it's geeg, and it's proper romanization, as seen in the pic I posted from the Mother 2 opening title, is GYIYG, which I like because it's a palindrome, and it has that "unnatural" feel Itoi was going for with the name.

Call me weeb all you want, Itoi is a japanese guy, and you are also posting on 4chan, deal with it nerds.
>>
>>2887443
Thank u anon. Starmen.netters get all bent out of shape when anyone uses 'Giegue'.
>>
>>2887178
Itoi has confirmed that they're the same entity.
>>
>>2887158
What was your favorite song from the soundtrack? My personal favorite is definitely Battle Against a Machine.
>>
How long is your goatee?

How man Pabst Blue Ribbons do you drink?

Have you tried non-clove cigarettes?

Why exactly do you think vinyl music sounds better than any other medium?
>>
>>2887158
When are you gonna start Mother 3?

Did you skip any boss?
>>
>>2887443
OP is talking about "Earthbound", not Mother 2. In Earthbound, it is Giygas, the end.
>>
>>2887620

Fair enough, but EB is also Mother 2, so I can call him by its original name if I wanted to.

Honestly it's not a weeb thing, I just really like the stylization of Gyiyg. Easier to type, too.
>>
>>2887841

It really is a weeb thing. You're an underage kid that never got to play EB on a real SNES and it's easy to spot you faggots.
>>
>>2887871

Nah, I even own the game 3 times: SNES, Super Famicom and GBA
>>
>>2887841
God, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>2887981

What the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>2887568
underrated post
>>
>stuck on gigyas because out of res items
Is there no shop in the final area? Only Poo has a resurrect for me. Tks
>>
>>2887841

Are you one of those assholes that needs to verify which game I'm referring to when I mention SMB2?? Pro tip: It's not The Lost Levels.
>>
>>2888757

Nah.

For the record, I'm not the one telling people how they should call Gyiyg/Giygas/Giegue. I like to call him Gyiyg but I don't mind if others call him the western localization ways. It's the other way around, some people are telling me I'm wrong because I'm not calling him Giygas.

GYIYG GYIYG GYIYG GYIYG GYIYG
>>
>>2888763
>Gyiyg/Giygas/Giegue

>implying I could even pronounce ANY of those words

Just call him Jigga ma nigga
>>
File: geek1.jpg (17 KB, 400x74) Image search: [Google]
geek1.jpg
17 KB, 400x74
I liked it better when he was called The Geek.
>>
some local is trying to pass off an Earthbound repro cart as an original for $200... what should i do to fuck with him? set up a meeting point and never show up?
>>
>>2888806
Something that takes no effort on your part and will surely piss him off.

So yeah basically that as long as he can't give you negative feedback on ebay or something like that.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.