[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played a Breath of Fire game, should I play the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1420906617668.png (1 MB, 644x788) Image search: [Google]
1420906617668.png
1 MB, 644x788
I've never played a Breath of Fire game, should I play the snes or the gba version?
>>
GBA version is overall easier (you get 10x as much exp and gold), but the music sounds worse (the same thing happened with a few SNES-GBA ports). I'd say stick to the GBA versions, because you don't want to deal with the grindness of the original games.

I'll warn you beforehand: both games have a dungeon that is quite a long trek, and you may die due to bullshit insta-death spells or having only 1 character. Just persevere.

BOF1 is when Gobi is alone.
BOF2 is the dungeon that connects to the Dragon Village. You can get hit by Death from enemies 50 levels below you.
>>
Retranslated SNES version. The original translation is legendarily bad and the GBA version didn't change a thing about it.
>>
My first BoF was III.... I wouldn't recommend that.
Just skip the bullshit and go straight to 4, the best of the series by far.
>>
>>2886509

BTW, this is for 2, not 1.

For 1, go for the GBA version.id you want quicker grinding, but SNES for better graphics and music.
>>
>>2886513
>BoF was III
>I wouldn't recommend that.
I have never heard that before. Interesting.
>>
>>2886513

I love IV too, but not recommending III? What?
>>
I recommend the SNES versions. if grinding bothers you, you shouldn't be playing JRPG's.
>>
>>2887092

This. I typically just throw on a tv show, anime, movie, or chat with friends or what the fuck ever while grinding. Aint hard m8
>>
>>2886979
I'm not saying don't play it, I'm just telling OP to not make it the FIRST one he plays.
>>
>>2886513
2, 3, and 4 should all be played. None of those are bad.
>>
>>2887427
What's bad about the first one?
>>
>>2887427

how odd i prefered the 1st and hate dthe others.
>>
>>2886402
If you're going to play the official translation, GBA. SNES has a fan translation that actually lets you understand what the hell is going on, though.

>>2886407
BoF2 has the Nina solo dungeon, that's some bullshit and I even used her all the time to level her up
>>
Is this the new BoF General?

Can someone explain this shit to me

>Garr walks into a dungeon alone with Ryu and comes out without him, after trying to murder him
>Not a single person gets angry when they see him again years later
>>
>>2886402
I just realized that western art Ryu isn't wearing a headband on both covers.
>>
If you want the legit experience, play them in order. The first BoF is incredibly "average" for it's era though. II is better, but not by a large degree. Personally I recommend you just play II-V.
>>
>>2887559

Very generic with some annoying dungeons compared to what came later, especially III and IV.
>>
>>2887559
Meh storyline compared to the others
Eight party members, but because of the fusion system five of them are worthless
Poor characterization
Awful translation
Every battle has the same strategy
Lazy dungeon design combined with Lufia-tier encounter rates
>>
>>2887641
Anyone have the Japanese covers?
>>
File: bof.png (4 MB, 1261x1156) Image search: [Google]
bof.png
4 MB, 1261x1156
>>2888371
Too sexy for US audiences, just look at those thighs
>>
File: 16378_front.jpg (244 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
16378_front.jpg
244 KB, 640x400
>>2888904
SNEScucks BTFO
>>
>>2886402
>that 90s Rob Liefield shit-tier artwork
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>2888904
Man that BOF2 cover is nice.
>>
>>2887636
They probably saw Ryu with him later on and really, were happier just to have reunited with him. Besides, everyone trusted Garr's judgement beforehand and perhaps enstranged circumstance led to no information of his attempt of murder on Ryu ever being revealed to the characters.
>>
File: 1443150680089.jpg (233 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1443150680089.jpg
233 KB, 500x700
I SUMMON THE URSULAFAG FROM THE LAST THREAD

Post the rest of yo' shit nigga.
>>
>>2886402

Why not go for BoF 3, Psx version? SNES graphics really doesn't help this game.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.