[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you pushed past the first level of this clusterfuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Knuckles'_Chaotix_Coverart.png (191 KB, 256x349) Image search: [Google]
Knuckles'_Chaotix_Coverart.png
191 KB, 256x349
Have any of you pushed past the first level of this clusterfuck of a game? I just cant do it. It is so slow and monotonous. In fact, at one point I got stuck between two platforms with literally no way to get out.

But hey, the music is great.
>>
>>2885850
It's not that bad. The controls take some getting used to. It's actually pretty easy to beat.
>>
>>2885862
It's such as slow paced game though. Does it pick up?
>>
Speed Slider is by far the best zone. Botanic Base, Marina Madness and Techno Tower are ok but very similar to each other, and Amazing Arena is boring.
>>
>>2885850
Chaotix is not really worth playing. It's really just a mediocre spin-off of the already mediocre Sonic series.

Tempo is probably the best 32X platformer, but even that is slower than this game.
>>
>>2885850
It's all about understanding the controls, which are kind of fun once you're used to them. Everyone can ascend walls somehow, and you can slingshot with the hold button and down when your partner is on a platform.

dunno if it's worth it to learn the controls, because the stage design is raw ass, but the music and visuals are brilliant
bosses are almost neat but not really, final boss is lame
the special stages are pretty damn cool, but kind of obnoxious

I've never gotten outright stuck in something, but it's not unlikely, the game feels like it's literally unfinished.

it was like the third Sonic game I ever beat as a kid (first was Sonic Chaos), it's really not hard
only thing that remotely tripped me up was in act 4/5 of Amazing Arena, I couldn't find the lightswitch

>>2885987
never spindash (it's so bad)
Instead, press the hold button and stretch the rubber-band for speed, let go to zip.
If you're being pulled back and forth by the band, pick your partner up by pressing hold when right next to him.

>>2885998
>Speed Slider is by far the best zone
this
Techno Tower is probably the laziest stage in terms of actual layout though. Marina Madness is a bit of a clusterfuck. Speed Slider is almost a great stage, almost. Amazing Arena is garbage.
Botanic Base is pretty okay.
>>
The most I can say is I always get lost in Marina Madness, and the Metal Sonic boss fight was super underwhelming.

Otherwise I genuinly enjoy the game, sucks my 32X's capacitors need replacing.
>>
It's fun with a friend.

But Sonic Classic Heroes in combi-mode with TWO friends is more fun.
>>
>>2885850
Game feels so pointless. In fact that training level is probably the best one in the game. But I like it just because of graphics and music.
>>
>>2886272
>the game feels like it's literally unfinished

How right you are.

>Speaking of the Saturn console, I know that there was a 2D Sonic project, Sonic the Hedgehog, that ended up being Knuckles Chaotix, it originally started as a Saturn game. It wasn't released on the Saturn, but on the 32X. I know it was supposed to have the Sonic & Tails characters and they were cut from it as well. What was that about, do you remember?

>Tom Kalinske (former SEGA president): Yeah I remember it. It was another one of these things where we needed titles because we didn't have enough. The original game was long and it was taking too long to get done, so the decision was made to cut it into parts and introduce it quickly on 32x and that was – you know, it was basically a simple decision because there were too many needs to have more products on the 32X it wasn't going to be ready on Saturn, it was too big, it was taking too long, it was over budgeted, it was behind schedule - all those reasons.
>>
>>2886606

Not surprising at all with the absolute state of SEGA at the time, it definitely has glimpses of being a REALLY good game buried in its mediocrity. Staying on the Saturn would've helped the game a lot, could've even covered the hole left by X-Treme.

The visuals and music in Chaotix are so stupidly good I can usually look past its flaws, the characters are at least fun to experiment with and there's some fun levels in there. Surprised you're having so much trouble OP, I think I beat it in an afternoon first time round. I'm also almost certain you could have escaped the platforms by catapulting, but the controls are finicky so I understand.
>>
>>2885850
it's a shit ass fucking game and there's no reason to have 5 zones per level or whatever fucking stupid bullshit it is.

easily the worst sidescrolling sonic game in the history of sonic including modern ones.

i grew up with all of the sonics and a 32x and this game is just fucking shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.