[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wtf i want play with underage autism kong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Kiddy_Kong.jpg (83 KB, 1024x937) Image search: [Google]
Kiddy_Kong.jpg
83 KB, 1024x937
>saw comment suggesting to replace kiddy with donkey in rom hack
>wtf has this rom hack not been made yet?
>general why does 4chan hate original donkey Kong country
>>
Why? There's a cheat code to only have Dixie the entire game.
>>
>>2885669
Never mind, the TUFST code just removes dk barrels, it doesn't actually remove kiddie. When you start a new level both Kongs appear.
>>
>>2885669
Not good enough i want diddy or donkey, Dixie and kiddie are inferior a and this needs ve bitched about on the internet
>>
Honestly Kiddie Kong is why I never play this game. He's such a whole new level of lame.
>>
>>2885687
I feel the exact same kiddie just fucked the whole game for me! Dixie I was kinda par with but kiddie was fucking autistic ffs
>>
File: treetoptown00.jpg (10 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
treetoptown00.jpg
10 KB, 256x224
>>2885664
>general why does 4chan hate original donkey Kong country

Because the DKC games' pre-rendered sprites kind of look not as nice on modern screens, all stretched out.

I personally think the DKC games look good, not because they are THREE DEE PRERENDERED, but because the art direction is actually nice, the characters and enemies look like clay models, and the backgrounds are really atmospheric, pic related was always a favorite of mine.

Then again, you got to play them on that tiny resoltion to appreciate these graphics, or play on a CRT (or use some super duper CRT filter on emulator, I'm not into emulation but I'm sure there's some nice filters, I dunno, I just don't want to start the typical CRT vs LCD/emulation discussion, OK? both are fine, but DKC doesn't look good as-is on modern screens)

They also tend to get shit for being "pretty graphics, mediocre gameplay", which dates back to a doubtful quote from Miyamoto published by some western journo who probably got a lot of Miyamoto's intention completely lost in translation. And of course, people using quotes without context to shitpost.

So yeah, put into the equation people playing them for the first time on modern screens + old journo memes + free hate for being popular/nintendo/acclaimed and there you go.
>>
File: Embarassed_Robin.png (23 KB, 359x340) Image search: [Google]
Embarassed_Robin.png
23 KB, 359x340
>>2885681

Uh...Dixie is fine dude. Her glide is tits. Donkeys strength is tits. Diddys speed and climbing prowess are tits. All the kongs are redeemable, its just in Kiddie kongs case he should have just been DK and the levels not be designed with the leniancy on the piggyback mechanic with regard to the secret underground items because it wouldnt,have worked without Kiddie.

The main reason Donkey being playable in 2 and 3 doesnt work is the piggyback mechanic, which really does need the younger, lighter kongs to work. Backpacking kiddy kong is tough enough, anon.

Calm your autism
>>
>>2885698

I just recent sped ran 1 and 2 on a xrgb mini and I had a blast. I mean, Ive always liked these games but I feel like people experience them in the worst ways lossible and then act like their opinion is fact.
>>
>>2885708
>ran 1 and 2 on a xrgb mini
I just don't see the point in spit shining n64 and previous gens the graphics was fine. May as well buy tropical freeze to graphics jizz
>>
>>2885726

Dont have the space for a CRT and my trintron recently died.

I really like my xrgb, because frankly my games would have more lag and look like shit on a hdtv without this thing.
>>
>>2885664
Why are people so autistic as to hate an ENTIRE GAME just because of one playable character that's not even mandatory to use? Kiddy Kong is JUST LIKE Donkey, only he can glide in water and all that seldom used stuff. Who cares.

I agree Diddy+Dixie was a better team because it was faster. But hating on Kiddy just because he's s baby is a whole new level of autism.
>>
>>2885750
>Update
Cos you got look that autistic underage through the whole game and autistic fags find that shit inferior and and repulsive
>>
File: 1449582417001.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1449582417001.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
stop making fun of Kiddy
>>
>>2885991
>stop making fun of Autism.

I swear this thread talks more about people's supposed "autism" here than the damn game itself.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.